Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Thoughts on Dyche?

Thoughts on dyche?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. What is your general thought on Dyche as an all round manager?

• Generally Positive (would welcome here)
    • Generally Negative (pick someone else)

"They’ve been accused of old-fashioned, long-ball football, but that is slowly changing this season too, with their average possession in 2017/18 up from 42.7 per cent last season to 45.6 per cent this season.

Pass completion is also up from 67.8 per cent to 72.1 per cent – they’re starting to play a bit more football than people give them credit for."

Our biggest problem since the title win has been recruitment and not buying the right players to keep improving. He doesn't have experience with the kind of budgets that we will be able to offer. We need someone that is not only good tactically and a good man manager but also good in the transfer market. The last thing we need is to be buying more average players. That being said, he may well be the best we can get to come to us. 

No question he has done a very good job at Burnley on a tight budget. But clearly the owners want us to be a side challenging for Europe or they wouldn't sack the manager every time we drop in the bottom 3. They are also willing to put in the money as we've seen, albeit, it's been wasted. Can Dyche bring in the quality that would be able to challenge top 6 or top 8? Probably not. 

Obviously if he gets the job I really hope I'm wrong.

No thanks . Yes he has done a good job at Burnley and all though he may be a step up from Shakey it’s still  a massive step backwards for the club in my eyes . If  they are happy with mid table then by all means get him in but if they are still serious about being top 6 then I just don’t think he’s the man .  

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

Our biggest problem since the title win has been recruitment and not buying the right players to keep improving. He doesn't have experience with the kind of budgets that we will be able to offer. We need someone that is not only good tactically and a good man manager but also good in the transfer market. The last thing we need is to be buying more average players. That being said, he may well be the best we can get to come to us. 

No question he has done a very good job at Burnley on a tight budget. But clearly the owners want us to be a side challenging for Europe or they wouldn't sack the manager everytime we drop in the bottom 3. They are also willing to put in the money as we've seen, albeit, it's been wasted. Can Dyche bring in the quality that would be able to challenge top 6 or top 8? Probably not. 

Currently sitting 7th, having sold their 2 best players 

1 defeat in 8

having faced 

Chelsea away win

Everton away win

Spurs away draw 

Liverpool away draw

Why do people think he would be worse with arguably a better squad and his own signings within a different price tier

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

> Criticises defensive football

> Wants a change from 442

> Too much long ball

> Wants Sean Dyche

Is no-one else seeing the hypocrisy here!?

Yes.....me. I'm amazed that so many want him to lead us given how much he's been lambasted for the points you make on FT. His positive attributes (in my opinion) are that he has good experience of getting out of the Championship (which is where he would surely take us) and wears a suit that fits.

13 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Currently sitting 7th, having sold their 2 best players 

1 defeat in 8

having faced 

Chelsea away win

Everton away win

Spurs away draw 

Liverpool away draw

Why do people think he would be worse with arguably a better squad and his own signings within a different price tier

It's 8 games though. Last season they got 40 points which is his highest points total in the prem and usually borderline relegation. He was relegated the time before in the premier league. Admittedly all on a tight budget. They have started really well this season despite losing their 2 best players but aside from a good run of 8 games he would not have even been in the running. Unexpected teams/managers go on runs all the time. Maintaining it is another thing. We should know look at Shakey when he got the managers job. This smacks of everything that we are doing wrong at the moment as a club. 8 good games and let's make him our manager. And give him a huge amount of money to spend when he has no experience whatsoever of signing the sort of players we need. 

While I'm sure he'd stabilize us I'm not he has what's required to take us to the next level. I think we've reached a crossroads in that the Club are trying to use the same methods that got us here, When whats required is a Manager with the tactical know how to get us to the next level. Marco Silva is the one demonstrating that ability. Just as important, He knows the premier league well and is reported to be only on 850k a year at Watford.

I like him. We could do much, much worse.

Wound me up a bit when we were in direct competition with them for promotion and survival, but he's worked wonders with Burnley and seems like a decent bloke.

I'd feel for Burnley fans a bit if we did manage to poach him- they would rightly be fuming, after the start they've made. That's football though, I suppose.

Putting his grating media presence to one side, it doesn't make sense tactically.

Jonathon Northcroft said on Twitter earlier "Dyche would bring many 2015/16 ingredients: motivation, strong squad culture, 'winning underdog' mentality, superb fitness, aggressive 4-4-2". But in theory Shakespeare should, and perhaps was already, bringing those ingredients. Motivation, togetherness, aggression, 4-4-2 etc are all already there. What has been our issue this season has been breaking teams down and keeping possession when we have needed to.

Sean Dyche isn't typically the type of manager to turn to to solve those issues. If he becomes our manager it is likely he'll stick to the 4-4-2 that he knows, which as we have learnt over the last few months, is no longer a system that suits the midfielders we have.

Our system has become stale. Ranieri tried and tried to bring it back to life, but failed. Shakespeare the same. Why hire another manager who is likely to persist with the same old style.

Just now, Ricey said:

Putting his grating media presence to one side, it doesn't make sense tactically.

Jonathon Northcroft said on Twitter earlier "Dyche would bring many 2015/16 ingredients: motivation, strong squad culture, 'winning underdog' mentality, superb fitness, aggressive 4-4-2". But in theory Shakespeare should, and perhaps was already, bringing those ingredients. Motivation, togetherness, aggression, 4-4-2 etc are all already there. What has been our issue this season has been breaking teams down and keeping possession when we have needed to.

Sean Dyche isn't typically the type of manager to turn to to solve those issues. If he becomes our manager it is likely he'll stick to the 4-4-2 that he knows, which as we have learnt over the last few months, is no longer a system that suits the midfielders we have.

Our system has become stale. Ranieri tried and tried to bring it back to life, but failed. Shakespeare the same. Why hire another manager who is likely to persist with the same old style.

Maybe the owners have had enough of the old guard dictating, if they cant fit a new managers style of play they should be replaced.

Well he's definitely competent, which puts him miles ahead of the likely candidates Rudkin will be able to attract. The only question mark against him is some of his recruitment (Marvin Sordell and Jukebox on their up and down Prem season), and whether his "we are the underdogs" mentality will translate to a club where he will actually have money to spend.

**** it, he'll do, just get this over with already. Too much fooking about and then settling for a Pardew or Moyes will mean probable relegation.

43 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Yes.....me. I'm amazed that so many want him to lead us given how much he's been lambasted for the points you make on FT. His positive attributes (in my opinion) are that he has good experience of getting out of the Championship (which is where he would surely take us) and wears a suit that fits.

I'm not surprised at all. FT oozes hypocrisy from every pore. I'd be more surprised if someone actually said something along the lines of 'there is no way I'd want Dyche when I've been taking the piss out of him for the last two years'.

If he's genuinely interested and available for £2.5m it's an absolute no brainer in my eyes. 

As much as I'd love to see Ancelotti or Rafa walk through the door, I'm not sure now is the right time for either manager, and knowing us they'd inevitably fail. 

Dyche on the other hand would be a great fit for what we need now and I could definitely see us knocking on the door for a Europa League spot. He's done a cracking job at Burnley, and let's not forget he also performed very well at Watford. 

Archived