Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Thoughts on Dyche?

Thoughts on dyche?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. What is your general thought on Dyche as an all round manager?

• Generally Positive (would welcome here)
    • Generally Negative (pick someone else)

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

I know he speaks of lack of funds from time to time but there is no chance that he will use public transport to get to work.

hahaha.

Return first class train to Leicester, Uber Select to the ground and back, this would definitely not relate to any lack of funds. 

I think he could even cycle some of the stages. 

It's the usual mix of unrealistic targets and utterly depressing prospects, so given the current viable options then you'd have to say that Dyche stands out amongst the dross. Not overly inspired, but when you see Alan ****ing Pardew's name 'linked' again, then Dyche suddenly looks more than appealing. Got a feeling though that the owners will pull a foreign name out of the bag, probably someone not even in the picture as yet. 

Sean Dyche would be a great hire. He admittedly likes a 4-4-2, but he goes to a 4-2-3-1 when the MF needs shoring up, we have obviously seen how difficult his 4-5-1 makes life for visitors, and he has dealt with being short personnel pretty well at different times (IIRC he didn't have wings for awhile middle of last season). He understand how to train players to thwart elite attacking clubs, but he has never been blessed with the sort of transfer budget he would have here. I would love to see the guy given a real opportunity to build a balanced side. We could do much, much worse.

He's clearly shown he's able to get the best out of the players available to him. Emphasis may be placed on the defence, but we seem to be shipping goals currently. Some criticism above of a dull team, but don't forget the winner against Everton was the culmination of a 24 pass move. This  shows to me he would be would like to be more expansive than usually associated with Burnley. Still not sure he would want to leave Burnley for City - but he would the best british manager, and the obvious foreign choices -mancini and tuchel - have ruled themselves out. Ii've assumed Ancelotti would not be interested either given his last 3 clubs have been Bayern, Real Madrid & PSG.)

I don’t have an issue with 4-4-2. I don’t have an issue with playing “long ball”. I don’t have an issue with not having a massive share of possession. 

What I have an issue with is rocking up to games with no idea what we are trying to do. You can play 4-4-2 if you play it well. If the players know their roles and execute a gameplan. 

Dyche’s Burnley always look they have a plan even if it isn’t always thrilling. His teams look well drilled and competitive which hasn’t been the case very often for us in the past season or so. 

He is a bit of a twat but he seems a good fit for us. Think he has a strong enough personality to deal with some of the issues we have and the upgrade in resources may well see him improve on his already great work at Burnley. 

31 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Don’t know much about him other than the obvious, but, you can’t deny he’s done a bloody good job at Burnley. And I get the feeling he calls a spade a spade. 

Racist bastard! :ph34r:lol

But seriously I do agree, don't particularly like him but think he would be a good appointment as we need a shake up 

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don’t have an issue with 4-4-2. I don’t have an issue with playing “long ball”. I don’t have an issue with not having a massive share of possession. 

What I have an issue with is rocking up to games with no idea what we are trying to do. You can play 4-4-2 if you play it well. If the players know their roles and execute a gameplan. 

Dyche’s Burnley always look they have a plan even if it isn’t always thrilling. His teams look well drilled and competitive which hasn’t been the case very often for us in the past season or so. 

He is a bit of a twat but he seems a good fit for us. Think he has a strong enough personality to deal with some of the issues we have and the upgrade in resources may well see him improve on his already great work at Burnley. 

Quote of the day.......

12 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

He's clearly shown he's able to get the best out of the players available to him. Emphasis may be placed on the defence, but we seem to be shipping goals currently. Some criticism above of a dull team, but don't forget the winner against Everton was the culmination of a 24 pass move. This  shows to me he would be would like to be more expansive than usually associated with Burnley. Still not sure he would want to leave Burnley for City - but he would the best british manager, and the obvious foreign choices -mancini and tuchel - have ruled themselves out. Ii've assumed Ancelotti would not be interested either given his last 3 clubs have been Bayern, Real Madrid & PSG.)

I get the best out of my bowels every morning, doesn’t mean I can manage sh!t though. 

He'd represent absolutely no indication we are interested in changing things massively at our club but then what do we expect? It's quite clear there's no rational reason for the owners faith in the executives and directors but nothing is done, at best we might get a new head of recruitment but there's no way Chodkin is going or his yes men in the academy. So in that sense Dyche represents a half decent appointment as he is a builder within the constraints placed on him, he plays a similar style of shit football that we do and will maximize effort and effectiveness from players that buy in to his way of working. 

You could see him slotting in and doing ok but you could also see him being a disaster and out within 6 months and his momentum as a manager in tatters. 

Archived