Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Thoughts on Dyche?

Thoughts on dyche?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. What is your general thought on Dyche as an all round manager?

• Generally Positive (would welcome here)
    • Generally Negative (pick someone else)

Would he be able to turn us around and keep us up? I would say definitely. So based on that I would be happy to have him in and see what he can do come January with his ideas of recruitment. If nothing else I would say at least we would be seeing us still in the prem next season.

I'm trying to think about Burnley's style of play - I've never thought it was flowing, but i've never thought it was horribly negative either. I don't watch them regularly obviously.

I'd just love to get someone who is happy to try and outscore the other team. We'd be so much better with that attitude (like we were 2 years ago) and win lose or draw we'd be worth paying money to watch.

If we played like we did against Arsenal in every game this season we'd be in the top half.

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Would he be able to turn us around and keep us up? I would say definitely. So based on that I would be happy to have him in and see what he can do come January with his ideas of recruitment. If nothing else I would say at least we would be seeing us still in the prem next season.

You see I'm not thinking about it like this. We shouldn't be bringing a manager in because he's an escape artist. It's only October and we're 2 points adrift, it's not really a crisis yet.

We need to get back to playing positive football and even with all our problems we will get clear of the relegation zone. Our squad isn't that bad. We need to think long term positive philosophy here, not short term survival mode.

If we do go into survival mode, we'll just end up like Sunderland or Villa, steadily getting worse and doing the same thing every year until we run out of luck.

Some cajones are required here, panicking will only make things worse.

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

You see I'm not thinking about it like this. We shouldn't be bringing a manager in because he's an escape artist. It's only October and we're 2 points adrift, it's not really a crisis yet.

We need to get back to playing positive football and even with all our problems we will get clear of the relegation zone. Our squad isn't that bad. We need to think long term positive philosophy here, not short term survival mode.

If we do go into survival mode, we'll just end up like Sunderland or Villa, steadily getting worse and doing the same thing every year until we run out of luck.

Agreed here, we need to stop appointing as if we're being relegated. Appointing someone like Dyche with a known record and a similar persona to Pearson, another manager who made us successful. 

Long term, with a good budget, he could do well for us

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Yes fair point I see what you mean. I'm possibly still in shock from that god awful display on Monday. It kind of colours the mindset. lol

I dont have much time for him and his previous comments on us but you have to admit he's done a decent job at Burnley after 1 relegation.

I wouldn't be opposed to his appointment but would he risk a fine reputation he has built at Burnley for our situation. Really the managers are likely thinking we're a club who have peaked and in for a tough few years.

Burnley are his perfect club, I don't think he's capable of taking a side like ours to the next level. They're difficult side to play but we need to move beyond an approach where we're constantly sat deep and look to absorb pressure because we don't have the players for it anymore.

11 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I don't like him, and I can't say he jumps out at me as someone who plays good football.

BUT, it's hard to say how well he could do at a bigger club. It's a minor miracle what Dyche has done for Burnley.

Maybe he's just good at getting the most out of crap players and playing the underdog card. But maybe there are actually far more strings to his bow. Maybe he's intelligent enough to see each club's strengths and play to them. Maybe he has enough tactical nous to see what we need to do to be at our best. Maybe, with the right backing, he has a long term vision.

I don't think we can really say at this point, he's the definition of unproven. He's a risk, but a risk is better than someone who we already know isn't good enough or isn't what we need.

Leicester is literally one step up from Burnley, he has earned the right to give the next level a shot.  I believe that we are at the same level as Everton, Southampton, Stoke and WBA and I'd rather he came to us than any of them.  The top 6 could consider him a risk, but not us.

8 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

50 minutes, Leicester from Kettering.

59 minutes Leicester from Northampton.

Excellent rail links from both. 

I know he speaks of lack of funds from time to time but there is no chance that he will use public transport to get to work.

Archived