Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Thoughts on Dyche?

Thoughts on dyche?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. What is your general thought on Dyche as an all round manager?

• Generally Positive (would welcome here)
    • Generally Negative (pick someone else)

Would hate to have him here. He's an alright manager but he's a massive ballbag with a big ego that he tries so hard to cover up. Remember when we won the Championship and Burnley came 2nd, the interviews with Pearson and Dyche were complete opposites. Basically Pearson said "it's great for the players, they've worked hard for this and they'll always remember it". Dyche went with "I remember being promoted as a player, it was a great feeling. It's just as good as a manager too". I'm paraphrasing but that's the jist of it

Can't stand his excuses when the chips are down, if he became our manager the thought of him blaming his lack of spending power when we lose to Newcastle would turn my stomach

This has got...

Two weeks of back and forth in the media of Dyche saying he wouldn't rule it out, private meetings in which they feel each other out and then Dyche signing a new contract at Burnley...

written all over it.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he's a good manager and probably deserves a crack at a bigger club, although the way he's got Burnley organised and the way we are I actually think he'd be quite ill-advised to come here, unless he thought he really did think he could sort the shambles out.

He's got a lot in common with Pearson I think. Burnley were always that bit behind us but I do think we had that bit more quality in our side.

Having thought how wrong this could go I'd actually take Dyche. The market leaders comments are a bit cringeworthy but not even remotely as cringeworthy as we are at the minute, pales into insignificance.

I don't mind the style of football if he can consistently get the results. I don't have an issue with 4-4-2 if we can make it work.

Spot on, especially the point about him being ill advised to come here at the moment. 

Who'd have thought Burnley would look in better shape than us around 18 months after we'd won the league. Mainly I think because of his hard work and ability to build team spirit and togetherness with the right characters on the pitch.

And I think he's one of the best man-managers around. He wouldn't take any messing from big time attitudes, and would get the best out of players with strong personalities. Betting scandal apart, which Dyche possibly couldn't have sorted anyway, he seemed to deal really well with Joey Barton. The player himself said he respected him.

I think he'd be great for us the way things are at the minute. As long as he's given time to sort things out.

I think I'm realising we may be in a bigger mess than already is obvious, and he could well be a great character to bring back some of the attributes that previously brought us success. I'm not expecting another Premier League win ever again, but maybe he'll bring back that hard work and desire for a solid top half finish. 

The entire purpose of the appointment should be to shift us into a regular Top10 side, to play attractive attacking football and forge a side that we could be happy to shell out the cost of a ticket for.

So, fvck no to Dyche. I can’t believe so many of you set your sights so low. The man would be an absolute disaster here.

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The entire purpose of the appointment should be to shift us into a regular Top10 side, to play attractive attacking football and forge a side that we could be happy to shell out the cost of a ticket for.

So, fvck no to Dyche. I can’t believe so many of you set your sights so low. The man would be an absolute disaster here.

Who would you go for that is available and would come here? 

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who would you go for that is available and would come here? 

Is there a list of available managers that includes verified ones in employment who’d come?

The thread asked about Dyche, I’d rather be fed my own testicles than suffer his style of play.

How the fook did it come to this?

Title winning side less than two full seasons ago, to now having Michael Appleton temporarily in charge with a strong possibility of us getting Sean Dyche as manager. And, I would assume, plenty of the people who have consistently taken the piss out of the man, now seemingly wanting him here??

Can anyone explain what, the fook, has gone on at our club?

Cos I'm lost....

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Title winning side less than two full seasons ago, to now having Michael Appleton temporarily in charge with a strong possibility of us getting Sean Dyche as manager.

Cos I'm lost....

Simple, we ain’t winning.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Title winning side less than two full seasons ago, to now having Michael Appleton temporarily in charge with a strong possibility of us getting Sean Dyche as manager.

Cos I'm lost....

Rudkin would point you in the right direction..

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Cos I'm lost....

Pearson had total control over all matters Football. When he left that left a vacuum. While others were doing their Jobs, Rudkin was endearing himself to Susan Whelan and the Owners. With their backround, they didn't know any better. He convinced them he knew what he was doing. When the job should have gone to Walsh. Now due to mismanagement on many fronts, we are where we are. I mean to sack shakespeare before having someone either lined up or targeted was just crazy.

54 minutes ago, BlackburnClaret said:

Wow,  not only the top tier, but top tiers. Yet Leicester do? Good to see you are as deluded as ever. By the way, there’s no way he would come to you. 

It was meant to say tier but following your reply I’ll stick with tiers... and yes, considering the wealth of our owners, fan base, substantial investment into the club over the last five years and that small bit of domestic success we achieved.... just an opinion right? 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd represent absolutely no indication we are interested in changing things massively at our club but then what do we expect? It's quite clear there's no rational reason for the owners faith in the executives and directors but nothing is done, at best we might get a new head of recruitment but there's no way Chodkin is going or his yes men in the academy. So in that sense Dyche represents a half decent appointment as he is a builder within the constraints placed on him, he plays a similar style of shit football that we do and will maximize effort and effectiveness from players that buy in to his way of working. 

You could see him slotting in and doing ok but you could also see him being a disaster and out within 6 months and his momentum as a manager in tatters. 

Why do you think this wouldn't be a massive change? He has shown himself to be tactically versatile, which Shakey wasn't unless he was losing. He builds his strategies around his personnel and their abilities, which Shakey clearly didn't. He prizes players with grit and discipline, things this team lost under Shakey. 

Dyche would be a massive change from where I sit. The main problem is not formation, it is effort and discipline. We are giving up STUPID goals. RIDICULOUS goals. Dyche could come in and cut off a goal per game we're giving up. That would be enormous. That would make us a team challenging for Europe -- y'know, like Burnley is at the moment, despite having a vastly less talented squad. 

It's academic anyway. I cannot imagine a scenario in which he would want to come here, not with Burnley playing so well against the big boys. They have had a tough start too, won @ Chelsea and @ Everton, drew @ Tottenham and @ Liverpool, I mean, come on, that is outstanding, his team are road warriors now.

Folk on here need to get real with where we are as a club.  All football clubs go through phases of re-invention.  Peaks and troughs all the way.  Realistically, the only team that bucked this trend was Man Utd under Fergie who managed consistent success whilst assembling and dis-assembling 4 or 5 distinct teams.  It is easier for some teams to do it than others as they have the pulling power to buy in the talent, but no team is capable of performing at the top for more than 2-3 years.  Man City are on the up, Man Utd are on the up, Chelsea aren't quite what they were last season, Spurs have plateaued now and if they don't win it this season, they won't win it for years.  Looking further down the table form is much more up and down, even with solid prem teams like Stoke and Southampton.

Leicester have spent a great deal of time improving and building a great team.  Pearson should take a huge amount of credit for building the squad and then Claudio added the tactical edge that we needed and so we peaked in 2016.  It was always unlikely that we would maintain that standard for even the short term and the team are now on the slide - some key people have left and those players that peaked two years ago that remain are now two years older and not unexpectedly losing some sharpness.

What Leicester now needs to do is start the rebuilding process again.  Cut ties with the past and bring in fresh ideas and be prepared to graft at it for the next 2-3 years.  We want to be a team that consistently challenge for European places and it is possible but the vehicle that brought us the Premier League title has lost its momentum now and has failed its MOT.  It is time for a change.  We are in a much better situation now than where we were in 2008 but we do need to rebuild.

Dyche ticks a lot of boxes for me and I see no reason why both Leicester as a football club and Dyche as a manager can't grow together and achieve more success in the future.

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Pearson had total control over all matters Football. When he left that left a vacuum. While others were doing their Jobs, Rudkin was endearing himself to Susan Whelan and the Owners. With their backround, they didn't know any better. He convinced them he knew what he was doing. When the job should have gone to Walsh. Now due to mismanagement on many fronts, we are where we are. I mean to sack shakespeare before having someone either lined up or targeted was just crazy.

But nontheless a recurring theme at Leicester. It happens time and time again and we never learn.

3 hours ago, vanity said:

Why do you think this wouldn't be a massive change? He has shown himself to be tactically versatile, which Shakey wasn't unless he was losing. He builds his strategies around his personnel and their abilities, which Shakey clearly didn't. He prizes players with grit and discipline, things this team lost under Shakey. 

Dyche would be a massive change from where I sit. The main problem is not formation, it is effort and discipline. We are giving up STUPID goals. RIDICULOUS goals. Dyche could come in and cut off a goal per game we're giving up. That would be enormous. That would make us a team challenging for Europe -- y'know, like Burnley is at the moment, despite having a vastly less talented squad. 

It's academic anyway. I cannot imagine a scenario in which he would want to come here, not with Burnley playing so well against the big boys. They have had a tough start too, won @ Chelsea and @ Everton, drew @ Tottenham and @ Liverpool, I mean, come on, that is outstanding, his team are road warriors now.

It's true this. We concede so many embarrassing goals it's unreal. Don't want to come down too hard on him as he's been great for us and I think he'll get back there but Schmeichel's having a shocker so far this year.

8 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

> Criticises defensive football

> Wants a change from 442

> Too much long ball

> Wants Sean Dyche

Is no-one else seeing the hypocrisy here!?

giphy.gif

The same sort of hypocrisy I've been pointing out all season.

"we're too defensive"

"Burnley are getting points against teams, Do what they are doing" despite the fact they've generally been way more defensive than we have.

People who've pointed to Burnley all season now turning their nose up at the person in charge of Burnley, unreal.

Archived