Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Transfer Window - January

Actually, January isn't too far away now, so Claude must be planning for players coming and going.

What sort of budget do you think he will have, who do we need to offload and where do we need strengthening. Here's my shout:

Show the door

Ulloa - £10m

Musa - £12m

King - £3m

James - £3m

Total - £28m.

Given that we seemed to be prepared to spend £40m on Sigurdsson, I suspect that this amount should still be available for January, which would then give Claude the best part of £70m to spend. 

Bring in

Where do we need strengthening. Assuming Mahrez stays, we may have the attack sorted. 

Do we spend on midfielders and/or defenders. If so which players would you like to see us go for?

7 minutes ago, 49er said:

Actually, January isn't too far away now, so Claude must be planning for players coming and going.

What sort of budget do you think he will have, who do we need to offload and where do we need strengthening. Here's my shout:

Show the door

Ulloa - £10m

Musa - £12m

King - £3m

James - £3m

Total - £28m.

Given that we seemed to be prepared to spend £40m on Sigurdsson, I suspect that this amount should still be available for January, which would then give Claude the best part of £70m to spend. 

Bring in

Where do we need strengthening. Assuming Mahrez stays, we may have the attack sorted. 

Do we spend on midfielders and/or defenders. If so which players would you like to see us go for?

lol

• Haha 2

I don't see the point in transferring James/King. Even if we could get 6M, how are you going to replace them? Any new transfers will want to start, and will not be happy to be behind Ndidi, Iborra, and Silva. If King and James demand playing time, I'd oblige their transfer request, but my guess is they'd be comfortable being a squad player through the rest of the season.

If we're really going to play 1 striker or 1 striker + okazaki, I think we need to sell Slimani, Ulloa and Musa.

We should probably think about bringing in 1-2 fullbacks. Simpson has no backup, and is probably not suited for being an attacking fullback that the new manager might want. Fuchs looks to be in the twilight of his career, and perhaps Chilwell is more suited to be a winger than a fullback.

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

If we get 10m for Ulloa it would be insane. Great job by Shakespeare making us pay Ulloa for 2 more years just because he's a mate. Surprised Ulloa is even happy never playing, could still do a job in the champ.

Look at the insane amounts for Stones, Walker, Sigurdsson, Keane....

We couldnt get rid of musa on loan to hull so I can't see anyone interested in buying him for 12m. As for king has there ever been any club interested/linked with him? The prices on there you would be better off halfing them and making a loss. And even then I think youd struggle to sell. Sadly I think we are stuck with these players. 

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

We couldnt get rid of musa on loan to hull so I can't see anyone interested in buying him for 12m. As for king has there ever been any club interested/linked with him? The prices on there you would be better off halfing them and making a loss. And even then I think youd struggle to sell. Sadly I think we are stuck with these players. 

Only because he wanted to stay here.

I think we could easily flog him to Turkey or back to Russia for £12 million +

48 minutes ago, 49er said:

Show the door

Ulloa - £10m

Musa - £12m

King - £3m

James - £3m

Total - £28m.

Bring in

We're never selling King, come to peace with it :)

45 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Both King and James would be worth a lot more than 3 million in the current market. I reckon they would fetch around 10 million. Not that we should sell either.

Only if a premier team was to buy them and the jury is out on that.

36 minutes ago, 49er said:

Look at the insane amounts for Stones, Walker, Sigurdsson, Keane....

They're good PL players, Ulloa and James aren't.

• Like 1