Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Transfer Window - January

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You never know anymore. It's unbelievable how much money some players go for.

I wouldn't put it past Palace for example to panic and go for Ulloa. 

Musa maybe, but anyone who has watched us will have realized that he doesn't offer that much apart from speed. A very expensive Lloyd Dyer one could say.

£10m for Ulloa, though? Too high an estimate in my opinion.  He lacks match practice, is 31 years old now and will see his market value decrease with each new week that passes by without being on the pitch.

We'll be lucky to get a handshake.

(Irony off)

But I'll let chance surprise me.

3 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

Leicester star ‘wants to leave this winter’, fed up of sitting on the bench

By Tom Coast -7th November 2017

Once again left on the bench at Leicester City, it seems Islam Slimani has had enough of his situation at King Power Stadium.

A week or so ago, the talk coming out of the Algerian press suggested the striker was ‘seriously thinking about leaving’, but things haven’t improved and now he wants out.

This is what L’Expression are saying on Tuesday, not holding back with their article headline ‘Islam Slimani wants to leave this winter’.

Back with his national team after being left out during the last international break, the 29-year-old will be looking forward to getting some game time under his belt since he isn’t getting any under Claude Puel.

With both Crystal Palace in the Premier League and Rennes in Ligue 1 said to be interested in his services, Slimani could have an exit route already planned.

The problem is, will Leicester want to let him go, and if they do, will they allow it be on loan, as the French side certainly do not have the financial power to help the Foxes recoup their initial expenditure.

One to follow over the coming months

Can see someone like Everton go for him, they never did replace Lukaku

Leicester City have been linked with a move in the January transfer window for New York City star Jack Harrison, according to reports.

The 20-year-old winger, who was born in England, is also a potential target for fellow Premier League clubs Everton and Brighton, say the Daily Mail.

Harrison has been tipped to have a big future in the game by the likes of former team-mates David Villa and Frank Lampard plus Patrick Viera, who is now his head coach at New York City.

He earned a call-up to England’s under-21 squad last month and came on as an 88th minute substitute for Tammy Abraham in the game against Scotland.

Harrison only made his debut for New York City in May 2016 but scored 10 goals this season as his side reached the MLS play-offs, where they lost 4-3 on aggregate to Columbus Crew.

Leicester City may be interested in the youngster as they look to make signings to improve the quality of their under-23 set-up.

The reports value Harrison at £6million, which seems very high for an inexperienced 20-year-old, and Leicester are unlikely to spend anything like that on a development player for the under-23s.

https://www.google.dk/amp/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-news-new-739225.amp

Slimani can't be sold to a premier league rival, he's more than capable of getting 15 goals in this league with the right service. I'd expect our money back atleast.

I hope Claude puel doesn't dismiss him early on. It'd be disrespectful to say he's a 'plan b' kinda striker, but he's got the potential to be the starting striker with the right tactics.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Slimani can't be sold to a premier league rival, he's more than capable of getting 15 goals in this league with the right service. I'd expect our money back atleast.

I hope Claude puel doesn't dismiss him early on. It'd be disrespectful to say he's a 'plan b' kinda striker, but he's got the potential to be the starting striker with the right tactics.

I am often critical of slim... yet i believe in him.  He needs a mentor to sort out his issues... first touch. .. shooting from the efge if the box  (weve seen him do it)...his strength to stand his ground.

We then need to work with the wingers to put ealy diagonal balls in for him. 

With a few tweeks abd the right service he could score 20

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

Leicester star ‘wants to leave this winter’, fed up of sitting on the bench

By Tom Coast -7th November 2017

Once again left on the bench at Leicester City, it seems Islam Slimani has had enough of his situation at King Power Stadium.

A week or so ago, the talk coming out of the Algerian press suggested the striker was ‘seriously thinking about leaving’, but things haven’t improved and now he wants out.

This is what L’Expression are saying on Tuesday, not holding back with their article headline ‘Islam Slimani wants to leave this winter’.

Back with his national team after being left out during the last international break, the 29-year-old will be looking forward to getting some game time under his belt since he isn’t getting any under Claude Puel.

With both Crystal Palace in the Premier League and Rennes in Ligue 1 said to be interested in his services, Slimani could have an exit route already planned.

The problem is, will Leicester want to let him go, and if they do, will they allow it be on loan, as the French side certainly do not have the financial power to help the Foxes recoup their initial expenditure.

One to follow over the coming months

Not surprised.

I feel sorry for him.  He's far too good to be on the bench.  If he goes to Palace or Watford he'll score loads.

• Like 1

It's all but confirmed Ben Arfa will be coming in along with Silva obviously. I'd be more than happy with that if we're being greedy a RB. I wouldn't be surprised to see us going I for Callum Chambers again possible loan till June. Mendy will defiantly be involved again next season.

50 minutes ago, DannyN83 said:

It's all but confirmed Ben Arfa will be coming in along with Silva obviously. I'd be more than happy with that if we're being greedy a RB. I wouldn't be surprised to see us going I for Callum Chambers again possible loan till June. Mendy will defiantly be involved again next season.

What fee are we paying for Ben Arfa?

With Silva and likely Ben Arfa coming in, and with Mendy and Kapustka out on loan coming back n3ct summer, we do need to trim the squad. We got a huge squad. Guys like Musa, Ulloa etc are not seeing any minutes at all either. Slimani and Iheanacho can't get a start.

Our wage bill must be massive.

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

With Silva and likely Ben Arfa coming in, and with Mendy and Kapustka out on loan coming back n3ct summer, we do need to trim the squad. We got a huge squad. Guys like Musa, Ulloa etc are not seeing any minutes at all either. Slimani and Iheanacho can't get a start.

Our wage bill must be massive.

We'll be saving on Mahrez 's wages. 

• Sad 1

If Ben Arfa can get fit, I think he'd be a hit at Leicester. With a player like Ndidi in the team who is there to destroy and win the ball back, we'd balance him nicely. By all accounts Silva is also a "workaholic" stlye player like Drinkwater at his peak, so I think Ben Arfa would propel our attack. Mind you having Demari Gray, Mahrez and Ben Arfa all in the same team might break the premier league record for players never passing to one another, so might need to be careful there!

I don't see Riyad going this window, but maybe in the summer. To be honest I still can't believe no one took a punt on him given Sigurdsson for 45M. He's pure class on his day.

Slimani might be the biggest casualty for us and I think a number of other PL clubs would want him. I genuinely think he could be a 20 goal a season striker, but he needs to be in a specific team, a bit like how Benteke did get good numbers in teams that crossed it a lot.