Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Transfer Window - January

Expecting a few to depart in January.

You'd think Slimani and Musa will definitely be gone. Puel wasn't very re-assuring over Iheanacho's future, plus Amartey and King haven't got a look in (coupled with the impending arrival of Silva). Saw Benalouane score twice for the under 23's the other day, surely another one out the door? Its highly unlikely we'll sell every player mentioned mind.

Would be nice to sign another right-back and winger.

15 minutes ago, Adam. said:

Expecting a few to depart in January.

You'd think Slimani and Musa will definitely be gone. Puel wasn't very re-assuring over Iheanacho's future, plus Amartey and King haven't got a look in (coupled with the impending arrival of Silva). Saw Benalouane score twice for the under 23's the other day, surely another one out the door? Its highly unlikely we'll sell every player mentioned mind.

Would be nice to sign another right-back and winger.

I think that we'll sell 2/3 of Silmani, Musa, and Iheanacho - probably Silmani and definitely Musa.

Benalouane will be here still, IMO. More than likely King and Amartey sticking around as well. I don't know that we'll buy anyone other than a RB. Might bring in Arfa if Mahrez leaves?

Edited by UPinCarolina

By all accounts with certain Journalistic Bullshit brigades we’ll be looking to replace Vardy,Mahrez,Gray,Slimani,Kasper ,Albrighton,Ndidi and a couple of the academy players!!

Certainly makes you laugh when certain writers report of a mass exodus from City !!

But really hoping Puell brings in a bit of quality to strengthen the side and sell off the ones quite not up too or expected to make the mark !!??

7 hours ago, davieG said:

REAL MADRID EMERGE AS SHOCK CONTENDERS TO SIGN LEICESTER ACE

Everton, Liverpool and Man City also interested

12 December 2017

Real Madrid could launch a sensational bid to sign Leicester City winger Demarai Gray.

Gray’s speed and skill in wide areas have caught the eye since Claude Puel took over at the King Power Stadium.

Everton head the market to sign the 21-year-old at 9/4. But it’s the European champions’ interest that will really cause waves.

Real are second-favourites at 5/2 to seal Gray’s signature.

Gareth Bale’s injury problems mean they could be in the market for reinforcements in wide areas.

Liverpool (3/1) and league-leaders Manchester City (5/1) could also make a move for the talented youngster.

Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: “Leicester will do well to keep hold of Gray with a whole host of clubs thought to be watching the youngster, and the latest odds are suggesting the English youngster could soon swap Leicester for La Liga.”

Ladbrokes Latest Betting:

Demarai Gray Next Club

Everton – 9/4

Real Madrid – 5/2

Liverpool – 3/1

Man City – 5/1

All Odds and Markets correct as of date of publication

there is literally no link, ladbrokes just made up completely random odds on random players to random clubs and used that to write an article lollol

just had a look at a few players' odds on there and those are the most stupidly unrealistic prices i've seen. absolute mugs lol

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

there is literally no link, ladbrokes just made up completely random odds on random players to random clubs and used that to write an article lollol

just had a look at a few players' odds on there and those are the most stupidly unrealistic prices i've seen. absolute mugs lol

I thought that myself. Ladbrokes write an article and make Real Madrid and Everton the top two favourites at ridicoulously short odds.

Anyone wanting to back either of these PM me and I'll offer you twice the odds for as much as you want. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

By all accounts with certain Journalistic Bullshit brigades we’ll be looking to replace Vardy,Mahrez,Gray,Slimani,Kasper ,Albrighton,Ndidi and a couple of the academy players!!

Certainly makes you laugh when certain writers report of a mass exodus from City !!

But really hoping Puell brings in a bit of quality to strengthen the side and sell off the ones quite not up too or expected to make the mark !!??

Its been that way with elements of the media for the last 2 years.

Players would sign for 3 clubs without any hesitation - Man City, Man/Utd and Chelsea. 

Liverpool would be attractive but a 50/50 call, Arsenal are in freefall under Wegner so not as appealing and Spurs wont break the bank.  All 3 can offer champions league football but have their own problems.

Outside of that any player wanting to go to England would desire playing with us above most if not all the other clubs.

Even across Europe there is a handful of powerhouses like Barcelona, Real/Atletico Madrid,Bayern Munich that we couldn't keep players from joining but we can hold our own with almost everyone else.

The notion of a mass exodus hasnt happened because we've been fairly solid this decade and have decent finances. An exodus like Porto 2004 or Dortmund 2013 was never on the cards as we play in a far stronger wealthier league.

5 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agree with the first part of your post but if he signed for Real Madrid I'm sure he would be immediately selected for the full England squad. That's what happens when players sign for the big clubs.

Not if they don’t play

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but surely the chances of Gray joining Everton are pretty ****ing slim! When Shakespeare was in charge of us he never gave the lad a chance lol so I struggle to believe he'd be eager to join a club where he's a big part of the coaching team to rot on the bench again. 

Edited by lee7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but surely the chances of Gray joining Everton are pretty ****ing slim! When Shakespeare was in charge of us he never gave the lad a chance lol so I struggle to believe he'd be eager to join a club where he's a big part of the coaching team to rot on the bench again. 

Can you go elsewhere and be logical. lollol

• Haha 1

Can we just opt out of the transfer window (apart from completing the Silva deal, hopefully 14 seconds after the window opens)?  Based on current form, we don’t need anyone to come in.  We have a group of players ready to step in who have barely featured (Huth, Dragovic, Silva, Slimani, Iheanacho) but can all provide adequate cover.  It would save a lot of stress (and wasted FT pages) if we just announced nobody would be going and nobody coming after Silva. 

4 minutes ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

Can we just opt out of the transfer window (apart from completing the Silva deal, hopefully 14 seconds after the window opens)?  Based on current form, we don’t need anyone to come in.  We have a group of players ready to step in who have barely featured (Huth, Dragovic, Silva, Slimani, Iheanacho) but can all provide adequate cover.  It would save a lot of stress (and wasted FT pages) if we just announced nobody would be going and nobody coming after Silva. 

We can definitely sell at least one player.  And we do need another right back in the squad.  Apart from that, yeah, no further movement required

11 minutes ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

I think Puel has already said he's happy with the squad he has. The sign of a good manager is that he doesn't feel the need to spend every penny available just because he can. That said if the right players are available then I'm sure he'll buy them but otherwise I think we'll be more busy on the outgoings.

Edited by Gerard

I'd really like to hear Puel confirm the status of Slimani and Iheanacho. He has a track record of refusing to play players that can't meet his fitness demands so they might just be being excluded because they're not up to speed but he's hoping they'll get there. 

Or they could be on the scrap heap. 

I'd be disappointed if that's the case with Iheanacho, partly because he's clearly got a big future but doubly because I think he'd benefit from the change in our style recently. 

He's had some ludicrous criticism from the usual suspects on here, he's obviously a very talented kid who just needs a run of games. I'd hope that Puel is the guy to get the best out of him really. I'd like to see him thrown into the rotation of that front four. 

I'd be less disappointed to see Slimani go but I still quite like the guy and would rather we didn't waste the options he gives us. Not even having him on the bench is odd. 

On 12/12/2017 at 17:02, the fox said:

i won't laugh away "gray to real madrid" rumours that fast. as far as i can see, he has all the physical gifts and he isn't braindead. it's now up to him to get the intangibles. i don't think him going to real madrid to be ronaldo's understudy is that far fetched.

No, it really is.