Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Transfer Window - January

got it on relatively good authority that we may go in for Redmond in the summer. Just a case of making an offer Southampton can't refuse if we do go for him (i'm guessing something like £20-25m).

Puel is/was a big fan of his and Redmond gets on well with Gray, too, from the times they've played together for England under-21s.

• Like 1

Let's see where we are and how many long term injuries we may have picked up.

It isn't that easy just to get rid of people as the summer proved though there are a few surplus to requirements who ought to want to move on.

Personally think mahrez will be gone.

9 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I’d like to see the following players sold(realistically possible)

Ulloa

Musa

Benny

We will be needing a new RB & LB IMO, if we do want to change up the formation :) 

if anything we'll need wing-backs. Chilwell can play LWB perfectly as he's got a defensive mind which will improve over time and he loves to go forward. I think with Puel in charge we'll definitely see more of him.

We'll probably get a new RB/RWB in the summer. Danny Simpson sometimes gets criminally under-rated by some of our fans. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

if anything we'll need wing-backs. Chilwell can play LWB perfectly as he's got a defensive mind which will improve over time and he loves to go forward. I think with Puel in charge we'll definitely see more of him.

We'll probably get a new RB/RWB in the summer. Danny Simpson sometimes gets criminally under-rated by some of our fans. 

I do rate Simpson, just not as the going forward fullback, everyone seems to be echoing Puel will want that on both sides, looking forward to seeing how we look soon ?

Too early to see which area's we need to strengthen, M Puel may turn out some unplayed gems we've declined to use under Shakey and Claudio.

I agree Ulloa to go, but King is still a useful squad player, Musa still a bit of a mystery, James is still useful, if only he could stay uninjured.

1 hour ago, 49er said:

Actually, January isn't too far away now, so Claude must be planning for players coming and going.

What sort of budget do you think he will have, who do we need to offload and where do we need strengthening. Here's my shout:

Show the door

Ulloa - £10m

Musa - £12m

King - £3m

James - £3m

Total - £28m.

Given that we seemed to be prepared to spend £40m on Sigurdsson, I suspect that this amount should still be available for January, which would then give Claude the best part of £70m to spend. 

Bring in

Where do we need strengthening. Assuming Mahrez stays, we may have the attack sorted. 

Do we spend on midfielders and/or defenders. If so which players would you like to see us go for?

Think your valuations are a bit out, 10 mil for Ulloa, 3 mil for james and Kingy, half Ulloa’s and double the other 2, least. 

Hartam Ben Arfa seems like he’s on his way in January with Mahrez off to wherever but I’m hoping Puel can persuade him to stay, Can see us selling a couple which could be either one or two of Musa Slimani Ulloa Benny ?

Puel will want to put his stamp on the squad so we may see a bit of a change in January also glad we’re tying down Gray with a new contract he could be a pivotal player for us under Puel and can only get better with more game time if Sunday was anything to go by, and with the news of a new training facility things are looking great for us so let’s hpe we continue to improve and pick up the points  !!

Defense is where we are most suspect. Players who are comfortable with the ball and have some skill. Morgan can block 20 times a game but him and others on the defense are the cause of this problem by hoofing it up field and having to instantly defend again.

We tried and failed to get rid of Musa and gave James and Ulloa new contracts.

someone might take a punt on Ulloa as he has scored goals at this level but that will be at the £5m level or less.

Musa will hopefully be loaned out, possibly Benny also but I suspect we'll be paying most of their wages.

i can only see a couple of players max coming in.  Possibly a CB (dragovic is only a loan) possibly a RB.  Maybe a replacement for if he goes.  

First purchase should be an Office World Fax machine at least 14 seconds faster than the shitty one from Alpha Discounts. Then a right back. Can see Musa, Benny and Choudrey going out on loan. Jakupovic may want a loan out as well. If scouts are looking at all levels expect one for the future coming into the development squad too, hopefully with a comical name for a day or two of puns. 

• Haha 4

Can see us going for Boufal. Puel seems to really rate him. Realize he hasn't had much of a look in at Soton but shows glimpses like the wonder goal against West Brom. And at 24 still has time on his side. http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/15251064.Puel__Just_be_patient__Boufal_can_be_Saints__Messi_or_Hazard/

Redmond and Ben Arfa also probably possibilities.

We really do need us to move a few on. The problem will be the money they're on unless they're prepared to take a substantial pay cut. I'd like to see Ulloa, Musa and Benny go along with King.

If we could offload Slimani also, Although he has proved he has something to offer. Maybe to be replaced by Ben Arfa.

I don't see the urgency with a RB, Unless Puel wants's to get in a more attacking FB. Simpson doesn't get injured and is one of best defensively. While Amartey has covered for him admirably when needed.

As for incomings, I always liked Redmond and he's a real possibility if Mahrez is going. Another quality CB to partner Maguire for years to come is an option if Drago doesn't measure up. 

Maybe Ben Arfa also if Slimani leaves.

I wouldn't rule out a left back to replace Fuchs but that will probably wait until the Summer, while Puel has a look at Chilwell playing Full Back.

I think Puel will think he's blessed with Chilwell and Gray. Chilwell as a full back is right up the managers street and we'll see him almost certainly nail that position down within a year.

As solid and reliable as Simpson is I don't think Puel will want to play him long term. He's an ideal full back for Mahrez and even Gray but I think we'll eventually go 4-3-3 with two attcking midfielders off the striker, two attacking full backs and a holding midfielder behind two central midfielders.

5 hours ago, 49er said:

Actually, January isn't too far away now, so Claude must be planning for players coming and going.

What sort of budget do you think he will have, who do we need to offload and where do we need strengthening. Here's my shout:

Show the door

Ulloa - £10m

Musa - £12m

King - £3m

James - £3m

Total - £28m.

Given that we seemed to be prepared to spend £40m on Sigurdsson, I suspect that this amount should still be available for January, which would then give Claude the best part of £70m to spend. 

Bring in

Where do we need strengthening. Assuming Mahrez stays, we may have the attack sorted. 

Do we spend on midfielders and/or defenders. If so which players would you like to see us go for?

Stop trying to sell King, he is so important behind the scenes.

You also can't sell an injured Matty James, who would have him.

Ulloa is not going to fetch 10 million and Musa is on loan we won't sell him unless there is genuine, in likely bid.

Out:

Ulloa (to Brighton) 

Musa 

Benalouane 

I like the Redmond shout, he'd fit in well. I'd also enquire about Luke Shaw's availability, as he seems to have fallen out of favour under mourinho and wouldn't be *too*expensive. I reckon puel would get the best out of him. I don't rate Fuchs much this season, which is a shame as he's been immense for us previously, and think Ben is still a little way off being our first choice left back (lwb or further up the pitch I think suit him better) 

A RWB would be nice, too, to give an alternative to Simpson.