Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Transfer Window - January

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If Ben Arfa can get fit, I think he'd be a hit at Leicester. With a player like Ndidi in the team who is there to destroy and win the ball back, we'd balance him nicely. By all accounts Silva is also a "workaholic" stlye player like Drinkwater at his peak, so I think Ben Arfa would propel our attack. Mind you having Demari Gray, Mahrez and Ben Arfa all in the same team might break the premier league record for players never passing to one another, so might need to be careful there!

I don't see Riyad going this window, but maybe in the summer. To be honest I still can't believe no one took a punt on him given Sigurdsson for 45M. He's pure class on his day.

Slimani might be the biggest casualty for us and I think a number of other PL clubs would want him. I genuinely think he could be a 20 goal a season striker, but he needs to be in a specific team, a bit like how Benteke did get good numbers in teams that crossed it a lot.

As long as they can pass the ball into the opponent's net, I don't care too much whether they engage with their fellow team mates:D

• Haha 1

On 01/11/2017 at 16:18, 49er said:

Actually, January isn't too far away now, so Claude must be planning for players coming and going.

What sort of budget do you think he will have, who do we need to offload and where do we need strengthening. Here's my shout:

Show the door

Ulloa - £10m

Musa - £12m

King - £3m

James - £3m

Total - £28m.

Given that we seemed to be prepared to spend £40m on Sigurdsson, I suspect that this amount should still be available for January, which would then give Claude the best part of £70m to spend. 

Bring in

Where do we need strengthening. Assuming Mahrez stays, we may have the attack sorted. 

Do we spend on midfielders and/or defenders. If so which players would you like to see us go for?

Don't forget Siva will be in midfield, so I would opt to buy a right back 

59 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

As he is 25, unless he is good enough for the 1st Team squad, why bother?  Strange one.

Maybe he is good enough for the first team...:fc:

Understand and west brom also linked.

Swansea failed to sign him at the end of the transfer window due to.....late paperwork would you believe.

Plays for Ghana so another possible african cup of nations loss.

2 hours ago, toddybad said:

Swansea failed to sign him at the end of the transfer window due to.....late paperwork would you believe.

In that case..............Gerrimin. But no swop for Barnes.

5 hours ago, toddybad said:

AFCON in future is to be played in the summer, so we're sound.

7 hours ago, toddybad said:

better pray nigeria dont qualify again.

In:

Attacking Midfielder - (Ben Afra or Redmond)

Attacking Right full back - (Arias from PSV? Been linked before)

Out:

Ulloa - Permanent 

Musa - Loan to prem or champ

James - Loan

Benny - Permanent 

I personally think our centre backs and centre midfield doesn’t need strengthening. With Huth & Silva being available after the new year.

With a few additions our squad will look stronger than it ever has before.

Imagine a 4-2-3-1 attacking formation at home:

Schmeichael

Arias

Maguire

Morgan

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Mahrez

Ben Afra/Redmond

Gray

Vardy

thats a side with alot of potential.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

12 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In:

Attacking Midfielder - (Ben Afra or Redmond)

Attacking Right full back - (Arias from PSV? Been linked before)

Out:

Ulloa - Permanent 

Musa - Loan to prem or champ

James - Loan

Benny - Permanent 

I personally think our centre backs and centre midfield doesn’t need strengthening. With Huth & Silva being available after the new year.

With a few additions our squad will look stronger than it ever has before.

Imagine a 4-2-3-1 attacking formation at home:

Schmeichael

Arias

Maguire

Morgan

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Mahrez

Ben Afra/Redmond

Gray

Vardy

thats a side with alot of potential.

You let out Silva? Oh and Ulloa isn't going anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In that formation yes as at home in that attacking formation we will need 2 holding midfielders. N also how would anyone know what Puel’s plans are he’s been in charge what 2 weeks.

I don't think we bought Silva to let him rot on the bench and the 4-5-1 won't be used often with Puel. If any Silva would play instead of Ben Arfa/Redmond. If we recruit one of the latters that is.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I don't think we bought Silva to let him rot on the bench and the 4-5-1 won't be used often with Puel. If any Silva would play instead of Ben Arfa/Redmond. If we recruit one of the latters that is.

I disagree. At home we can play attacking football. Away from home we can play 3 in the middle with Silva making the 3. So he’s far from going to be rotting on the bench.

12 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I disagree. At home we can play attacking football. Away from home we can play 3 in the middle with Silva making the 3. So he’s far from going to be rotting on the bench.

- Puel is fond of the 4-4-2 diamond and I don't get how you came to the conclusion that you have to bench Silva to play attacking football in a rather defensive formation.

- Also a 4-4-2 (diamond), 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 let you play attacking football AND have Silva, Iborra and Ndidi in the midfield.

- I think you don't understand, Silva was bought as a starter just like Iborra. He won't be on the bench unless he's a magnitude 9 flop on Musa's scala.

Edited by ZeGuy

3 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

- Puel is fond of the 4-4-2 diamond and I don't get how you came to the conclusion that you have to bench Silva to play attacking football in a rather defensive formation.

- Also a 4-4-2 (diamond), 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 let you play attacking football AND have Silva, Iborra and Ndidi in the midfield.

- I think you don't understand, Silva was bought as a starter just like Iborra. He won't be on the bench unless he's a magnitude 9 flop on Musa's scala.

I do completely understand. But your comparisons are from his time at Southampton. Every manager will change his style to what gets the best out of his players at the club they are currently at. 

I dont understand why your so obsessed of changing a formation, which it seems to be very effective for us from what we’ve seen so far, just to accomadate Silva. 

Silva has to show he’s worthy of a starting spot. 

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I do completely understand. But your comparisons are from his time at Southampton. Every manager will change his style to what gets the best out of his players at the club they are currently at. 

I dont understand why your so obsessed of changing a formation, which it seems to be very effective for us from what we’ve seen so far, just to accomadate Silva. 

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

You're pushing for a formation change with your 4-5-1 and then tell me that I'm obsessed with a formation change? Or we were always playing in 4-5-1? If so that's news to me because afaik our main formation is a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 which is something completely different.

Edited by ZeGuy

I wondered in the summer why loftus-cheek didn't end up somewhere better than palace. Watching him tonight made me think we should go in for him.

Why would Chelsea buy Barkley when they already have him?