Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Transfer Window - January

3 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Sell Musa, Ulloa, Slimani and Iheanacho - buy Christian Doidge from Forest Green - fabulous goals per game record - 6'2" and works his socks off! 

We need striker cover - NOT 4 record signings who are wracked off cos they can't get near the first team! :scarf:

We don't need anymore Doidgey signings! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Anyone else think that loaning Iheanacho out to another club in this league might be a good idea? I think it's highly unlikely we go down, highly unlikely what he does elsewhere costs us, and highly unlikely he actually breaks into our team this year. I'd consider loaning him to a Brighton or maybe even Newcastle where he'll likely play regularly - something he hasn't actually done.

Or am I being an idiot?

6 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Sell Musa, Ulloa, Slimani and Iheanacho - buy Christian Doidge from Forest Green - fabulous goals per game record - 6'2" and works his socks off! 

We need striker cover - NOT 4 record signings who are wracked off cos they can't get near the first team! :scarf:

Good shout.... Not the forest green player but in terms of getting a young striker from the championship who's happy at this stage in his career for 20/30 mins as needed and to play in cup games.

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Anyone else think that loaning Iheanacho out to another club in this league might be a good idea? I think it's highly unlikely we go down, highly unlikely what he does elsewhere costs us, and highly unlikely he actually breaks into our team this year. I'd consider loaning him to a Brighton or maybe even Newcastle where he'll likely play regularly - something he hasn't actually done.

Or am I being an idiot?

i think we will try to sell Ulloa, Musa maybe even Slim, so i can see us keeping Iheanacho.

8 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

i think we will try to sell Ulloa, Musa maybe even Slim, so i can see us keeping Iheanacho.

Yeah I forgot to mention this largely hinges on Slimani staying. Right now I see him as being behind Slimani, who is behind Vardy, but he's ahead of Ulloa & Musa. I could see a scenario where we loaned him out but signed a genuine Okazaki threat and not yet another Vardy one. Anyone who we sign as a competitor to Vardy is on a hiding to nothing unless they're top class, which neither Slimani or Iheanacho are.

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Or am I being an idiot?

I think it will be very rare to see two of our No9 strikers on the pitch at the same time as Puel will probably play one striker and attacking midfielders. In an ideal world we'd probably sell Ulloa, Musa and Slimani this January.

Our frontline strikers would be Vardy and Iheanacho with perhaps Okazaki still being useful and maybe George Thomas supplementing to become the fourth striker. 

Puel has already shown that he doesn't mind playing Mahrez, Gray and even Albrighton behind the striker so we'll be certainly look to ship some strikers out ASAP especially if Ben Arfa arrives in January.

I doubt we’ll get rid of Ulloa as he signed a new contract to sit on the bench and is Iborra’s best mate...

I can however see Slim going for a good fee as well as some of the obvious fringe of the squad players.

I think Puel would like to play 433 eventually with a front line of Mahrez Vardy and Gray, a midfield of Iborra, Silva and Ben Arfa/Ndidi and a tear guard incorporating Chilwell as a running left back, a replacement for Simpson on the right and a big two in the middle of likely McGuire and a other. I do wonder how Dragovic will feature moving forward in the current formations.

Be surprised if Iheanacho goes anywhere or Okazaki as I doubt Puel will allow us to have less than four outright strikers in the squad and with the mass of competitions, I always think old Harry was right in saying you need 5 Strikers for depth and competition in the Prem.

I know silvas coming in january but I do think we need other options in midfield. Anyone know when james is back? I worry with injuries having to play king as atm hes the back up option. I think there are times in games puel would like to take off ndidi / Iborra but then realises who hell have to bring on - king. 

I'm amazed how many of you believe that any team actually will pay us for Ulloa and Musa. Only Roma wanted Mahrez and that was because they'd just cashed in big time on Salah.

4 hours ago, FIF said:

I'm amazed how many of you believe that any team actually will pay us for Ulloa and Musa. Only Roma wanted Mahrez and that was because they'd just cashed in big time on Salah.

Ulloa is 31 years old and on £40k a week. He's not going anywhere.

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

Ideal sells: Musa, Slimani, Ulloa, Benny

Ideal buys: new RB, new winger, new forward

Ideal keep: Mahrez

I agree we won't get much for offloading our deadwood, but it has to be done I'm afraid. At least we'll save the money on wages. 

I'd keep Slimani.  Would like to see if he and Silva link up again.

Who you would buy, any ideas?  Keep Mahrez and buy another winger?  Too many wingers already if you ask the 3 of them that are here! 

• Like 1

For the first time in a long time I don’t feel we need any new players. Sure another RB to challenge Simpson in the manner Chilwell is doing with Fuchs would be great but even then Amartey looked good there in the cup. It’s probably better to sell than buy this window. We have a great squad. 

I think Puel will bring in one or two though, to fit his style of play. Expect Ben Arfa and one more. No idea who though!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1