Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Is Demarai Gray an enigma?

He should appreciate that Leicester see the potential that he has.

If he hadn't done well in football, he might have had a different lifestyle such as being part of many Birmingham gangs etc.

Despite not being intelligent in general, considering when he had a near-miss with a moving helicopter blade.., the club is lucky to have him and that he's starting to show good glimpses of his potential.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If he hadn't done well in football, he might have had a different lifestyle such as being part of many Birmingham gangs etc.

Despite not being intelligent in general, considering when he had a near-miss with a moving helicopter blade.., the club is lucky to have him and that he's starting to show good glimpses of his potential.

Not fair to judge his complete intelligence from that. Helicopter blades move extremely quickly, making them very hard to see, and he was side on to the tail rotor, making it even more difficult to see. Obviously logic would tell you to watch out for the tail rotor of a helicopter, but he may have never been close enough to one to really know where they are (many believe they'r much higher up from the lowest point of the aircraft than they actually are).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Why would he have been in gangs if he wasn't a footballer.  Are all of us in gangs?  Are you in a gang?  Am I?  I like the sound of being in a gang.  Can I be in your gang? X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

This is absolutely the most ridiculous post I've ever seen

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Excuse-me-What.jpg

Edited by ZeGuy

16 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Surely looking at a ban after last night?

Not sure, it's a very very soft penalty but there looks to be some contact although as previously stated we're a camera angle away from being sure. He's definitely played for it, but he could easily argue contact from walker knocked him off his stride. If they do ban him they risk setting a dangerous precedent for how much or how little would constitute a foul/dive.

9 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Not sure, it's a very very soft penalty but there looks to be some contact although as previously stated we're a camera angle away from being sure. He's definitely played for it, but he could easily argue contact from walker knocked him off his stride. If they do ban him they risk setting a dangerous precedent for how much or how little would constitute a foul/dive.

they have already set a dangerous precedent really by banning Lanzini - there was more contact on him than Gray. So if they dont ban Gray it really does make it interesting for the future as i wouldnt be impressed with I was a West Ham fan.

On 13/12/2017 at 18:12, Beechey said:

Not fair to judge his complete intelligence from that. Helicopter blades move extremely quickly, making them very hard to see, and he was side on to the tail rotor, making it even more difficult to see. Obviously logic would tell you to watch out for the tail rotor of a helicopter, but he may have never been close enough to one to really know where they are (many believe they'r much higher up from the lowest point of the aircraft than they actually are).

Part of the story that’s missing is he was trying to take a couple of inches off his flat top 

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice how a few times when we were piling forward he stayed glued to the touch line not making runs into space?  I wonder if the messages he is getting are making him think too much and he loses a little something from that. Maguire made a great run forward and he just stood watching offering no option at all 

56 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

they have already set a dangerous precedent really by banning Lanzini - there was more contact on him than Gray. So if they dont ban Gray it really does make it interesting for the future as i wouldnt be impressed with I was a West Ham fan.

Lanzini was on his way down before any contact - that’s the difference

The pont is whether the contact is sufficient to warrant the reaction. Niasse for Everton was clearly in contact with the palace defender but his reaction was to theatrically throw himself to the floor. Given the speed at which gray was running at, he would hopefully be able to point to any contact throwing him off balance. 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hope he is banned as it's a blatant dive

Although they need to get consistent with punishment, stupid booking a player if he is caught attempting simulation by the ref yet he gets a ban if it's retrospective. Time to upgrade it to a straight red.

The ban only comes into play if a penalty has been awarded - hence the official has been conned.  If the ref sees it during the game then the yellow is seen as sufficient as no gain has been made by the player. 

If it becomes a statutory red for diving then officials will be less likely to give the decision as they wouldn’t want to send a player off incorrectly. With VAR coming in, this will all become irrelevant anyway as players are going to become less likely to dive as will be spotted. Perhaps the red card sanction could come in with VAR. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The ban only comes into play if a penalty has been awarded - hence the official has been conned.  If the ref sees it during the game then the yellow is seen as sufficient as no gain has been made by the player. 

If it becomes a statutory red for diving then officials will be less likely to give the decision as they wouldn’t want to send a player off incorrectly. With VAR coming in, this will all become irrelevant anyway as players are going to become less likely to dive as will be spotted. Perhaps the red card sanction could come in with VAR. 

Not really fussed, literally the only case of deliberately  breaking the rules where the punishment is massively different depending on whether you are caught or not. 

They seldom give yellows as it is. 

Let's be honest - Gray dived.  

I want to see games decided by skill and effort, not by who is the best at falling over under minimal or no contact and fooling the referee.  The only way we are going to spot diving consistently is through video technology.  And the only way we are going to stop it is through a ban that's long enough to discourage players from doing it.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Not really fussed, literally the only case of deliberately  breaking the rules where the punishment is massively different depending on whether you are caught or not. 

They seldom give yellows as it is. 

Personally I'd leave it as a yellow during the game. I'd just change it so you can be banned retrospectively as well, even if you were spotted by the ref in game.