Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Wow, kind of a label of quality when Chelsea are asking you if they could take a player on loan.

I think he'd do well there - just like Diego Costa did before.

Difference being Costa is good at football.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Difference being Costa is good at football.

Slimani's a very good striker also, if you're playing to his strengths. He can be lethal in the opposition's box.

Sadly, it hasn't worked out for him at Leicester so far - for various reasons.

Chelsea can't hurt us in the Premier League any longer, we've already played them twice. No damage done by sending Slimani to Stamford Bridge for a while - in fact, it could help weaken the opposition around us and up top.

And we could always arrange for Slimani being cup-tied if we should encounter them in the FA Cup.

On 20/12/2017 at 09:52, AKCJ said:

I would say that Watford are a direct challenger of ours. Doesn't make sense to strengthen them for relative peanuts. They wanted 40m for Deeney for the same reason.

To sell him a 20 goal a season striker (I can easily see him doing that for them) for 30m or sell him abroad for 20m?

The latter all day for me.

20 PL goals Islam slimani :nigel:

i know you posted that a month ago but still lol 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

27 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Slimani's a very good striker also, if you're playing to his strengths. He can be lethal in the opposition's box.

Chelsea can't hurt us in the Premier League any longer, we've already played them twice. No damage done by sending Slimani to Stamford Bridge for a while - in fact, it could help weaken the opposition around us and up top.

And we could always arrange for Slimani being cup-tied if we should encounter them in the FA Cup.

If it was a loan deal then he can’t play against us anyway

If Chelsea want a big striker who will bully defences like Costa did; they're barking up the wrong tree with Slimani. He's never shown any signs of being a good target man here, good finisher (usually) but not the brutish CF that we probably expected. Gets knocked off the ball too easily too often! He's more like a budget Morata strangely. 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE
  • Like 1

Monaco are interested in signing Islam Slimani from Leicester City but they will have to pay close to the £28m fee that the Premier League side paid for him according to Sky Sources.

Slimani became Leicester's record signing when joining from Sporting Lisbon but has fallen down the pecking order this season. Besiktas, Southampton andNewcastle United are also interested.

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Exactly, I actually think it's a good move for all concerned.

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Why do people keep saying he’s lethal in the box if you play to his strengths? I’ve seen him miss 2 or 3 headers from six yards out unchallenged. Hardy lethal 

I agree with your point but missing 2/3 headers, im sure even Messi has done that.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I agree with your point but missing 2/3 headers, im sure even Messi has done that.

Well yeah but this is Slimani’s main strength apparently and they were shockers. Especially that Bournemouth one last game of last season 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Well yeah but this is Slimani’s main strength apparently and they were shockers. Especially that Bournemouth one last game of last season 

When you’re not playing regularly this is obviously going to happen,given a run of 90 minute games he’d score a lot of goals. 

18 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah I can remember at least 2 complete sitters. 

Not a header but the simple tap in miss against Derby was shocking.

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Why do people keep saying he’s lethal in the box if you play to his strengths? I’ve seen him miss 2 or 3 headers from six yards out unchallenged. Hardy lethal 

All strikers miss sitters.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't see what you're trying to say.

So strikers shouldn't miss sitters? Well, they all do. More or less frequently.

Besides, last season pretty much every player was off and just couldn't replicate the 2015/2016 form.

There have been shades of class with Slimani, the goal against Huddersfield being one of them.

Remember the header against Burnley in his first PL game? The one against Porto? Or West Ham?

See, I'm not the biggest fan of Slimani, either. But isn't it a bit too handy for some only to remember him for the squandered chances?

• Like 1