Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

Slimani is a good No9 in the right team but he's wasted here. We really need to offload him ASAP and concentrate on having Iheanacho as Vardy's understudy especially as Slimani turns 30 in the summer.

Two weeks left of the window and the good thing about this Beskitas link is that it will flush out other buyers as I can't see Beskitas willing to pay the £20m I think we would want.

He's too slow for our style-of-play.

Would be more suitable for a team like Man Utd (as a strong example in the league), who prefer mainly to boot it up for their forwards to hold onto and pass to the wingers etc.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Agree here. Especially whenever he's started more often than not he's contributed in one way or another. 

If he goes, I'd seriously not be adverse to try and sign Andy Carroll. 

I didn’t know Filbert Fox was injured?

We need to stop stockpiling strikers, can't get people saying buy more.

Vardy, Nacho and Shinji will do whilst we're not in Europe especially as Gray/potential new signing will operate as a 10 as well.

Andy Carroll? 

Haven't we learnt by now that big target men don't suit Vardy's style of play as players who hold the ball up aren't what we are all about. We need harrying, quick release, high energy forward like Okazaki if we're going to try and replace Slimani. Not another big target man who's designed to hold the ball up.

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Andy Carroll? 

Haven't we learnt by now that big target men don't suit Vardy's style of play as players who hold the ball up aren't what we are all about. We need harrying, quick release, high energy forward like Okazaki if we're going to try and replace Slimani. Not another big target man who's designed to hold the ball up.

I think Carroll has a bit more of an all round game than Leo.  Slim for me is kind of target man, and kind of harrier that you outline.  He's a good finisher, something is just not clicking...

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Would love Carroll simply for the scumbag potential of him and Vards playing up top together. 

Just imagine him on the end of Albrighton's crosses.... WOOF! Saying that, if we do (we won't) sign him, that will mean even more cutting inside, no look crosses from Alby, that are mine and @lgfualol's favourite!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thegaffa said:

If Watford are interested in slim then I wouldn't mind gray coming here as part of the deal.

he is similar to Vardy with his style of play, plays on the shoulder rather than come deep.

i think we would suit his style and vice versa.

I don't think the wfc fans rate Gray. Not for me.

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Apart from me and Geoff Peters, isn’t there anyone else who’d replace Slim with Deeney in a heartbeat?!?

No, he's on the downturn, what say you @Super_horns?

I don't want us signing players for big money that are approaching 30 and aren't an upgrade on what we have. I'd much rather stick with Okazaki and bring in potential like the Maddison lad from Norwich we've been linked with. Failing that play Silva or Gray or another player from within the squad.