Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxSinceBirth

New Right Back???

On 14/12/2017 at 13:36, goose2010 said:

nope i dont beleive we do need to, we should be looking amoungst our academy and getting Simpson to mentor them to eventually take his place.

Problem is i dont think we have a natural RB in the u23's. They seem to mainly be CB's who can also cover at RB...

On 12/15/2017 at 10:47, yorkie1999 said:

Which is what I’d like to see. Instead of blowing a fortune on random players and hope they fit in, why not just bring players through that we know will fit in because they have been trained by us and been around the first teamers so have got to know them. And then add a star every now and then. If young lads know they’ve got a chance at the big time, they’ll try their hardest to get there. Players like chillwell are the stars of the future, I bet within a year he’ll be a 20 million pound player

That is all well and good and Puel is the sort of manager that does give young players a chance.  However everyone wants results and will look for a more guaranteed solution and that more likely is a known class player. Puel and the club won't get positive marks from the fans by playing youth at the costs of points.  

On 16/12/2017 at 15:05, Wolfboy said:

Hysaj from Napoli great at going forward and also he can defend too! But I don’t think it’s crucial to get a new right back in the short term but I believe that getting one sooner so there is competition in the squad.

As an albainain whos watched him countless times I can tell you that we are too low for him he was linked to bayern last window we haven't got a chance as much as id love him here

• Like 1

Amartey played out of his skin at RB against Leeds in the cup. Yeh it's Leeds but it's promising considering he hasn't featured at all this season. I really hope he starts against Man City.

I like Simpson but his positioning is terrible. Also gives way too much time to his marker on the ball, never really closes anyone down until it's too late giving the opposition about 10 yards to run at him. Happens nearly every game.

Can see Puel looking for a RB in the summer as competition with Simpson.

8 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Amartey played out of his skin at RB against Leeds in the cup. Yeh it's Leeds but it's promising considering he hasn't featured at all this season. I really hope he starts against Man City.

I like Simpson but his positioning is terrible. Also gives way too much time to his marker on the ball, never really closes anyone down until it's too late giving the opposition about 10 yards to run at him. Happens nearly every game.

Can see Puel looking for a RB in the summer as competition with Simpson.

His positioning is fantastic, he's like a boxer that is always a couple of inches out of range of your jab. When do you ever see Simpson get skinned? He'll force the winger to attempt a cross which he'll attempt to block or the winger will pass it to a team mate.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

His positioning is fantastic, he's like a boxer that is always a couple of inches out of range of your jab. When do you ever see Simpson get skinned? He'll force the winger to attempt a cross which he'll attempt to block or the winger will pass it to a team mate.

Its amazing how people see things differently in football, I'm fully with you though positionally Simpson is excellent just always forcing the attacker to lose the ball. The only time he ever gets found out is the truly skillful players.

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Last few games he seemed to drift into the middle. You could probably blame others for him doing it.

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

Out of position Simpson lol well big Wes was back to his old best saturday . let's get dragged to the left leaving simo  with his own man and Bentekke. Then when its in the net see who we can blame for it.

I've noticed on quite a few occasions where he drifts into the middle now and again leaving his marker to have about 20 yards to run at him. You can probably blame it on others not picking up their marker leaving Simpson to deal with 2 players.

Obviously financial constraints considered, City should form proof of the difference an attacking right back with pace and composure on the ball can make. Walker has evolved their attacking fluidity in many ways. As a team aspiring to play a similar brand of football, we could really do with someone who's capable of this. I absolutely love Simpson and think that the amount of question placed on his ability only arises from the fact that in the past he's been so disciplined defensively. He plays with genuine passion for the club and he's put a number of left wingers in his back pocket over the past few years. But, aside from the odd game with Amartey, we've barely even tested a different player in that position for the past few years. He's reaching 30 and in a time of change for the club, it certainly should be one of our priorities to get a younger player with a different dynamic to join. 

22 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I've noticed on quite a few occasions where he drifts into the middle now and again leaving his marker to have about 20 yards to run at him. You can probably blame it on others not picking up their marker leaving Simpson to deal with 2 players.

Its not that he does it its the fact he looks who to blame. Ffs hold ya hands up. Wes has been great but so many times he gets dragged.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Its not that he does it its the fact he looks who to blame. Ffs hold ya hands up. Wes has been great but so many times he gets dragged.

Obviously lack of communication at the back. Also the same can be said with Mahrez drifting inside leaving no cover for Simpson. Lack of communication again if Simpson is being left to make two players.

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

Every week. perhaps 4 or 5 times against Palace. The guy gets sucked in like there's a tidal wave on it's way and then exposed. He's not a bad FB but we need better if we're to have European action again.

Choudhury should be given a shit before we go buy anyone. Honestly, we should just sell for the most part. If we can bring in a player who is a real upgrade, fine, but otherwise, time to dump at least some of Ulloa, Musa, Nacho, and Slimani.

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

Seriously, if anyone struggles with their positioning at RB, it is Amartey, though he has improved a lot.

10 minutes ago, vanity said:

Choudhury should be given a shit before we go buy anyone. Honestly, we should just sell for the most part. If we can bring in a player who is a real upgrade, fine, but otherwise, time to dump at least some of Ulloa, Musa, Nacho, and Slimani.

Choudhury at RB?

6 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Can say the same about Amartey. He’s probably the least aggressive player in our squad, which is a shame considering his build. He literally just stands there sometimes and is awful at pressuring the opposition.

27 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Can say the same about Amartey. He’s probably the least aggressive player in our squad, which is a shame considering his build. He literally just stands there sometimes and is awful at pressuring the opposition.

I've only seen Amartey at RB on a handful of occasions so I can't really judge but we all know he isn't a natural fullback. Like I said I wouldn't be surprised if in the summer, maybe even January, we sign someone to challenge Simpson.

Edited by buzzer_b