Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

Are you seriously boasting that you're unable to control your aggressive dog there Bergamo? I thought you had to have them put down if they were violent?

Are you a dick?

My dogs are less aggressive than that post. Google huskies, unfortunately they still have the hunting instinct which means they hunt small animals for prey.

Are you a dick?

My dogs are less aggressive than that post. Google huskies, unfortunately they still have the hunting instinct which means they hunt small animals for prey.

If you've exaggerated the scenario and your dog in fact caused no harm then I apologise.

If your dog has genuinely harmed another animal then I'd suggest you're being incredibly hypocritical in your response.

Probably best to agree to disagree.

Wow no it doesn't work like that.  I was just pissing about at first, but the second you bragged about actually killing/allowing the killing of someone's pet (I'm presuming from the context that it's not your cat) you took it too far and lost the right to act offended that someone suggest the law be applied Nor can you "agree to disagree" here because frankly you're wrong:  Imagine if someone let their larger dog tear away at your dog, would you still laugh and defend the other dog's right to enact uncontrolled aggression?  Of course not judging from your reaction to my comment.  So don't you dare imply that I'm the violent one when you joyfully let your dog commit atrocities.  I expected much, much better from a fellow pet owner.

Wow no it doesn't work like that. I was just pissing about at first, but the second you bragged about actually killing/allowing the killing of someone's pet (I'm presuming from the context that it's not your cat) you took it too far and lost the right to act offended that someone suggest the law be applied Nor can you "agree to disagree" here because frankly you're wrong: Imagine if someone let their larger dog tear away at your dog, would you still laugh and defend the other dog's right to enact uncontrolled aggression? Of course not judging from your reaction to my comment. So don't you dare imply that I'm the violent one when you joyfully let your dog commit atrocities. I expected much, much better from a fellow pet owner.

I wasn't boasting but could have worded it better.

You clearly have no idea what actually happened, relative was looking after my dogs and stupidly decided they would let the cat on the room despite prior warning when unattended.

What I was trying to imply is whoever took the picture you posted is being niave. I see plenty of pictures like that with huskies and it pisses me right off because the last thing I want to see is animals getting hurt.

Sorry for being a nob head but seriously if you think I'm some kind of chav that has trained it's dog to hurt other animals you couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm sorry if you think I overreacted, but I can only react to the information you choose to give me, and given that I directly asked for greater detail twice (the "are you seriously suggesting..." and "if you've exaggerated" comments to be precise), I don't think it's unreasonable for me to get angry when neither responses to those posts offered the crucial information you just gave us.

Gorgeous dog, bet she is giving you the run around at the minute

Hahahahaaa yes mate. She's not had all her injections either so can't walk her freely in public. I've taken her to my missus mum and dads fields to run around in and burn off some energy, she absolutely loves that and it works. The one problem there though is she doesn't like the car and keep drooling excessively and being sick. I'm sure it's all part and parcel of training a little urchin, but i'm already totally besotted with her.

Hahahahaaa yes mate. She's not had all her injections either so can't walk her freely in public. I've taken her to my missus mum and dads fields to run around in and burn off some energy, she absolutely loves that and it works. The one problem there though is she doesn't like the car and keep drooling excessively and being sick. I'm sure it's all part and parcel of training a little urchin, but i'm already totally besotted with her.

Ours was car sick loads as a young puppy - apparently it's usually one of two things. Either their ears haven't developed properly and imbalance in the air pressure causes them to feel nauseous (try opening two windows either side of the car just enough to let the air flow through), or they are stressed. If they're stressed, get them a new toy that they will love but only let them play with it in the car so they associate car trips with their favourite toy. Also, be sure not to take them out for at least an hour after they've had a meal.

Ours was sick almost every trip when we first got her then something clicked one day and she started enjoying car trips and hasn't been sick since.

Mine are and always have been great in the car which is lucky considering a few 17 hour drives to Italy! Tell a lie actually, when they were able to go out we went down to Bournemouth, on the way to sandbanks one of them decides to have a huge crap in the boot lol. Not sure the people who owned the multimillion pound mansion appreciated me parked on their road to clean it up.

They are both in kennels at the minute as I'm going on holiday and its horrible not having them around. Woke up at 3am worrying about them lol.

Edited by Bergamo_Fox
  • Like 1

Ours was car sick loads as a young puppy - apparently it's usually one of two things. Either their ears haven't developed properly and imbalance in the air pressure causes them to feel nauseous (try opening two windows either side of the car just enough to let the air flow through), or they are stressed. If they're stressed, get them a new toy that they will love but only let them play with it in the car so they associate car trips with their favourite toy. Also, be sure not to take them out for at least an hour after they've had a meal.

Ours was sick almost every trip when we first got her then something clicked one day and she started enjoying car trips and hasn't been sick since.

Cheers mate, i'll try that then. I know I need to get her settled asap because soon she'll be too big to keep picking up at will to put in the car. Need to make her enjoy it somehow.

Mine are and always have been great in the car which is lucky considering a few 17 hour drives to Italy! Tell a lie actually, when they were able to go out we went down to Bournemouth, on the way to sandbanks one of them decides to have a huge crap in the boot lol. Not sure the people who owned the multimillion pound mansion appreciated me parked on their road to clean it up.

They are both in kennels at the minute as I'm going on holiday and its horrible not having them around. Woke up at 3am worrying about them lol.

Hahahahaaaaa you should have lobbed it in their front garden!

I had to run across the border this morning and now Jet is at the vets. He has parvo. I delayed getting him vaccinated due to loads of stupid and rubbish reasons. Feeling quite sh!t now.

Please make sure your dogs are vaccinated. Don't delay like I did.

That's awful but I hope he is ok.

He died. Very sad. He was at the vet, they gave him iv and medicines, 24/7 care but didn't make it.

I'm so annoyed at myself for not getting him vaccinated as soon as I got him. But I was thinking because we rarely met other dogs (never) he'd be OK for a bit.

Turns out the virus can stay in the soil for over a year and is airborne. So he probably got it in the yard, without meeting any other dogs.

Really sad. He was such a great puppy.

He died. Very sad. He was at the vet, they gave him iv and medicines, 24/7 care but didn't make it.

I'm so annoyed at myself for not getting him vaccinated as soon as I got him. But I was thinking because we rarely met other dogs (never) he'd be OK for a bit.

Turns out the virus can stay in the soil for over a year and is airborne. So he probably got it in the yard, without meeting any other dogs.

Really sad. He was such a great puppy.

Sorry to hear that mate.