Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

4 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Yep. When we started looking at cocker spaniels casually 12 months or so ago, the KC registered ones were averaging around £1000 - add £500 at least to that now., normally more. I saw a litter at £3400 each a week or so before we found ours!! What breed is yours

Miniature dachshund 

6 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Pretty sad right now, my 'little' baby who got diagnosed with a bone eating disorder 6 months ago is now coming to the end.. only 6 years old Great Dane (which is sorta average for the breed but still young). Beautiful and happy go lucky Dog, went to shows and made Grand Champion 2 times over but wasnt interested in that life and ofc was retired before he was even 3. 

I am going to miss him more than anything, and devo'd right now.. RIP Luther... :( 

IMG_0312.thumb.JPG.0f337095f54eadd9ae41e759144d122d.JPG

Sorry to hear that, heartbreaking losing a pet. He’ll be out of pain now though. Thinking of you and your family 😔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Yes we found it really hard to get one - been looking for months without biting bullet, but since lockdown they go within hours and prices are 50% up in a lot of cases. We got shinji as we replied within minutes of an ad going on - we were told they had 140 messages/calls!

Your pup looks lovely btw, I like darker colours but other half sold on a golden

Ours was also a matter of just calling pretty much as soon as the advert went up.

Shinji Dogazaki is a brilliant name by the way 😂

1 hour ago, Wet Trump said:

Ours was also a matter of just calling pretty much as soon as the advert went up.

Shinji Dogazaki is a brilliant name by the way 😂

Ha! I stole it from somewhere here I think, but its gone down suprisingly well. Follow the insta as the kids say - I have a wager with fiance as to the tally after a couple of weeks...

10 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Nice - I fancied a Dachshund but not this time, maybe as a companion when Shinji is older...

They are absolutely brilliant dogs. They will walk for miles and are good at doing tricks,

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody had any experience with cold laser therapy?

THinking of getting a refferal for our malamute.  Just wondering how well it works or if there are any success stories out there?

Also thinking of getting a class 3b home device for him.

Just reserved a lovely little blue Whippet! Been on the hunt for a while for one and bizarrely for a phone through form a breeder, he had been informed that we were looking by another breeder. I recommend that if you’re looking for breeds harder to get hold of, definitely get friendly with a breeder who may be able to keep you in the loop.

Just deciding on names; 

Ziggy, Otis Or Bertie...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wet Trump said:

We’d started to hear about scams with online dog ads during lockdown so we were really unsure whether or not our puppy actually existed.

Other half picked her up on Friday and the breeder and everything was sound.

08E0352A-1985-4BB7-990D-EE90FAA769D3.jpeg

Has it moved yet mate? Could still be dodgy.

• Haha 1

On 21/05/2020 at 12:02, Tommy G said:

Anyone got any experience with Alsatian's? Good/Bad dogs? We are looking at getting a dog in the next 12-18 months but not sure on the breed. This is one of the considerations

1 hour ago, stix said:

Yep ..  I’ve got two ...

Lovely dogs, as are most, but really depends on your circumstances ..   they need a lot of attention and a lot of space to race around ..  unfortunately cus they are looked upon as guard dogs some people buy them and chain them up, just to bark and snarl at people who come near.   They are also very intelligent and need mental stimulation.    I live near lots of fields and they get two long walks a day ...   plenty of ball and frisbee chasing..  and live outside in a big kennel.   If you can do something like that you will get a fantastic faithful companion for life ...   if you can’t pleeeeese don’t buy one.   There are so many other breeds that are happy with city living and being left alone ..  these are not one  of them.

And you have to be very careful when you get one as they can suffer from hip and joint problems ...    buy from an approved breeder with a a long history of breeding them and a good reputation ...   :thumbup:

On 19/05/2020 at 21:10, Suzie the Fox said:

Pretty sad right now, my 'little' baby who got diagnosed with a bone eating disorder 6 months ago is now coming to the end.. only 6 years old Great Dane (which is sorta average for the breed but still young). Beautiful and happy go lucky Dog, went to shows and made Grand Champion 2 times over but wasnt interested in that life and ofc was retired before he was even 3. 

I am going to miss him more than anything, and devo'd right now.. RIP Luther... :( 

IMG_0312.thumb.JPG.0f337095f54eadd9ae41e759144d122d.JPG

So sad to hear that Suze ...hope you are starting to get over it now ...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/06/2020 at 18:09, Countryfox said:

Yep ..  I’ve got two ...

Lovely dogs, as are most, but really depends on your circumstances ..   they need a lot of attention and a lot of space to race around ..  unfortunately cus they are looked upon as guard dogs some people buy them and chain them up, just to bark and snarl at people who come near.   They are also very intelligent and need mental stimulation.    I live near lots of fields and they get two long walks a day ...   plenty of ball and frisbee chasing..  and live outside in a big kennel.   If you can do something like that you will get a fantastic faithful companion for life ...   if you can’t pleeeeese don’t buy one.   There are so many other breeds that are happy with city living and being left alone ..  these are not one  of them.

And you have to be very careful when you get one as they can suffer from hip and joint problems ...    buy from an approved breeder with a a long history of breeding them and a good reputation ...   :thumbup:

Thanks - I dont live in a city and my wife has her own Dog Walking business so very familiar with long walks etc. My only reservation is our son who is nearly 2, suitable with kids? Just curious why they live outside and not inside with you? Thanks 

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Thanks - I dont live in a city and my wife has her own Dog Walking business so very familiar with long walks etc. My only reservation is our son who is nearly 2, suitable with kids? Just curious why they live outside and not inside with you? Thanks 

You can have a lot of variations within the breed ...  as is the case with most breeds ...  if the dog has a good disposition and is well trained they are  perfect with children.  My older dog was from a litter for the police and has a fantastic temperament...   I’d trust him completely ..  but the younger bitch was when the breeder bought in a real big bugger with a protection background as his stud dog.   Although very intelligent she was much harder to train and I tend to be a bit more wary of her around children.  Although when they have been in contact together she has been fine.  

They love living outside and I watch them just sleeping on the grass even when it snows ...  they tend to go into their kennel only when it’s pissing down ! .. :)    As my property is slightly remote they do tend to deter unwanted late night visitors ...  :ph34r:   If I let them they would also come inside and sleep there ...    tbh given the chance they would never leave my side.   Fantastic dogs !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/06/2020 at 13:17, Wet Trump said:

We’d started to hear about scams with online dog ads during lockdown so we were really unsure whether or not our puppy actually existed.

Other half picked her up on Friday and the breeder and everything was sound.

08E0352A-1985-4BB7-990D-EE90FAA769D3.jpeg

Couple months on.

5C6EA5B1-BE2A-463D-9C6E-E09AB3FC5C7B.jpeg