Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Vardy to Man Utd

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/11/manchester-united-target-alexis-sanchez-jamie-vardy-javier-hernandez/

Vardy would be the most expensive of the three at around £35m - even if the Srivaddhanaprabha family who own Leicester were prepared to sanction him leaving. The Englishman would be eligible to play in the Champions League and, although a very different player to Lukaku, would guarantee goals. Having signed a new contract in the summer of 2016 amid strong interest from Arsenal, it would require the Srivaddhanaprabha patriarch Vichai to give the deal his blessing.

If you were Vardy would you blame him? That's a big move. He's priceless to us though, but how long as got left speed wise? 
He has lived an amazing dream with us though. I could see him staying and becoming a one (Prem) club man. Is the latter naive thinking?

39 minutes ago, Strokes said:

£35 million is a good fee for a 31 year old striker. Obviously I’d rather he stays here but I’d understand if we cashed in.

I agree expect who have we got or can we get as a replacement. If the answer is as I expect then 35 million isn't that great.

I very much doubt this will happen. Vardy not likely to force a move and the owners will not sell him in January. And come the summer, I doubt United will want him. Can't see us selling anyone in Jan. Mahrez is most likely to leave but I reckon we'll hold out till the summer for him. If in was the owners I'd just say Vardy, Mahrez and Maguire are all £70m each if you want them in Jan. Can't see anyone paying that! 

Last time we had Champions League football as justification for keeping him. If a bigger club came calling this time then I don't think he'd want to stay.

People forget the way he was playing that first half of the season after we won the title - he was playing like a man who was regretting the decision he'd just made.