Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Malabo Fox

Best Away Day

Hereford in the sunshine. Southend in the sunshine. Norwich in the cup. 

To to be honest you could put up an argument for most of the aways during our sole league one season. Bristol Rovers, Carlisle, Northampton, Leyton Orient, Hereford, Southend. All really top trips. 

5 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Play off semis v stoke and Tranmere, Southend in the league 1 season and a week in Porto in the champions league were my faves

Play off semi v Stoke with the dogs, horses and helicopters protecting us from the hoardes? Had my car walloped by a stoke fan after wanting a fight too.

barnsley away in championship winning year was a brilliant evening.

1 minute ago, Nickfosse said:

Play off semi v Stoke with the dogs, horses and helicopters protecting us from the hoardes? Had my car walloped by a stoke fan after wanting a fight too.

barnsley away in championship winning year was a brilliant evening.

Neil Lennon gave me his shorts lol I was only 8 and one of the blokes on the minibus got nicked I thought it was great.

1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

Neil Lennon gave me his shorts lol I was only 8 and one of the blokes on the minibus got nicked I thought it was great.

Bloody hell, you were a fuching hard 8 year old if you enjoyed that?

got pelted with pies and coins from stoke fans behind when Parker scored too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Scenes

That was the best time I've ever had in the rain, stood ankle deep in water, it really felt like Leicester were back after a several years in the doldrums. I also always felt that that season was the beginning of what led us to where we are now despite a couple of hiccups along the way.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, onekeithweller said:

Portsmouth 1st May 1971. Total celebration. Champions. Huge, vocal  away support. 2-1 win, pitch invasion. I got to hug Carlin and Kellard lol. God bless Rodney Fern  RIP :scarf:

Was a great away day, the four hour train journey home will always live in the memory, particularly all the durex blown up filled with spit sticking out of every window. 

Big shout out for the Fulham game and also QPR 72 away, Joe Waters Day - that was an unbelievably atmosphere.

WBA semi in 69 was fantastic as they had parked all the coaches together - so our Midland Red was in between two WBA coaches. The aggro was brilliant, after the game, no punches from them just plenty of verbals. Once we were on our coaches obviously gave them plenty of grief - good times!! 

Apologies to the under 35's, but standing and sitting no comparison. 

4-4 at Villa away was also memorable. 

Feel really blessed having moved from Paddington to Leicester in 61, the old man had job offers in Bristol! Thank God he made the right choice!  

• Like 3