Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

On 21/02/2020 at 22:45, SemperEadem said:

Do a cracking pint of tiger in here.

407BDCFE-2B80-43B1-BE8B-2984918386B9.jpeg

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

Looks popular 

3 hours ago, shanetko said:

Looks like heaven. Served instantly. Can’t have been a match day unless it was about 10am.

How are you gonna get served when even the bar staff have ****ed off? 

Clock on the wall shows 12:25. Looks like daylight in the windows so I assume it's midday, surely a busy time if the TV screen is showing BT/Sky sport as it appears to be.

Edited by Parafox

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

How are you gonna get served when even the bar staff have ****ed off? 

Clock on the wall shows 12:25. Looks like daylight in the windows so I assume it's midday, surely a busy time if the TV screen is showing BT/Sky sport as it appears to be.

In fairness whilst it *should* be busier, that TV is showing Foootball Focus and judging by the graphic it was the day we had Chelsea at home. If the clocks right, the game kicks off in 5 minutes, and it isn't showing it. It's not that surprising it's quiet and it's only one room of the pub.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Put this out on my twitter then though it would be interesting to see where and what folk on here would fancy having after the lockdown.

Drinks I'm looking forward to in Leicester.

1. A Guiness In Duffy's

2. A Tiger in the Globe

3. A Staroprament in the Salmon

4. Something from a local brewery at The Ale Wagon

5. A Braybrooke Lager in the Two Tailed Lion

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

My Dad goes weekly as parts of family live that way - why? 

Got broken into badly about a month ago and the landlord decided to have a go with the thieves (one who had a machete) 

Looks a proper pub, well up my street.

Landlord come out of it ok?

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Looks a proper pub, well up my street.

Landlord come out of it ok?

Yeah he’s fine. Believe they have found one of the thieves. He’s bit of a character but as done remarkably well keep it going. They did well when the Broadway went the way it did ala Swan and Rushes. He had a zero policy to drugs etc so he gains respect off that and the older crowd appreciate it. 

It’s just a bit better than average. A proper pub inside but decorated with tat and at Christmas was like Blackpool illuminations. I prefer the lounge where my Dad sits with his family rather than the bar. 

Back garden looks like United Nations when there’s a World Cup cos he sticks up every flag from it. A real Leicester City pub though. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone remember the pub on Humberstone Gate, further down from the Three Cranes and JTs Piano bar?

I`ve not been down that end of town for donkeys years, and it will probably be gone now, i think you could get a late drink in there.

I was talking to a mate about it the other day, and we couldn`t remember the name.

Edited by smudger63