Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

On 23/02/2020 at 23:48, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

In fairness whilst it *should* be busier, that TV is showing Foootball Focus and judging by the graphic it was the day we had Chelsea at home. If the clocks right, the game kicks off in 5 minutes, and it isn't showing it. It's not that surprising it's quiet and it's only one room of the pub.

Late on the uptake but just seen this. Top detective work.

You ought to apply for a job with the CID - or lead role in the remake of Columbo or something.

On 09/05/2020 at 12:55, PAULCFC said:

Fountain,Hanson cab,royal standard round the corner on Charles st.All proper pubs(nice in a way!)

Never been in the Hansom Cab so can't comment, but the Royal Standard is what it is, wouldn't rush to go there but it's not the worst pub in town by any stretch. Weird function room which is almost a shrine to Celtic. 

The Fountain, however, has no redeemable features whatsoever. It's a monumental shitheap.

all but the biggest, are finished. at least estimate 50% are going under.

And the longer the lockdown the bigger the figure.

Main problem will be SD, a lot of pubs takings are compressed into certain times, no longer can this be the case, so the profit is gone.

Take a pub which does a Sunday carvery, maybe needs to do 20 to cover costs, the next 20 are all profit.

Because of SD they can now only do 20, no next 20 for the profit.

Edited by nnickn

On 09/05/2020 at 07:47, smudger63 said:

Does anyone remember the pub on Humberstone Gate, further down from the Three Cranes and JTs Piano bar?

I`ve not been down that end of town for donkeys years, and it will probably be gone now, i think you could get a late drink in there.

I was talking to a mate about it the other day, and we couldn`t remember the name.

Edited to say i`ve remembered it, it was The White Eagle club. A polish club i think, used to be able to go there when the nightclubs shut.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Our city has some fantastic boozers. From the 4th use them a little more, forget you walkabout gaffs they will be fine. The indies may not.

They'll also be less packed with twats. Worth using just for that.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Will people be heading into pubs after the 4th? Sceptical myself so may leave it a while till I feel more comfortable 

I probably will but in the sense that I desperately don't want any of my favourite boozers to close. I miss the experience of going to the pub, either with mates or on my own (bloody love a solo pint) but given the experience will understandably be a little different I can't say it's that that's actually tempting me all that much - it's more the thought of supporting my favourites, to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I probably will but in the sense that I desperately don't want any of my favourite boozers to close. I miss the experience of going to the pub, either with mates or on my own (bloody love a solo pint) but given the experience will understandably be a little different I can't say it's that that's actually tempting me all that much - it's more the thought of supporting my favourites, to be honest.

I miss the meeting with my mates for a few, but thats the main for me. My village has 5 pubs in, but all are fairly small classic village pubs so I'm torn.