Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Welford Road

Haven't been there in a few years but always thought it was a good place. Nice atmosphere, decent beers. Shame that some good pubs won't survive this pandemic.

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Bricklayers closing again.

It's great post match, but not surprised because it's really not great any other time.

Me and my mates usually nip in there before going Kings Head which I hope isn't next to go! (or has already gone that I don't know about)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

How have the pubs been in Leicester since reopening?

In Sheffield here in my experieance on the whole seem well down footfall wise.

From my two trips  out, suburban locals seem to be doing OK. Busy even. 

Town on Friday was a sorry sight. I know central Leicester is notoriously unpredictable (especially in holiday season) but only about a third of bars were even open and those that were, sparsely populated

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

From my two trips  out, suburban locals seem to be doing OK. Busy even. 

Town on Friday was a sorry sight. I know central Leicester is notoriously unpredictable (especially in holiday season) but only about a third of bars were even open and those that were, sparsely populated

I’d imagine the town centre pubs will be harder to ensure social distancing for the gaffers. I was in Groby at weekend and it’s a nice size to spread people about with a good garden area but I guess a lot of the centre pubs have looked at the numbers they can accommodate and thought it pointless. Fear many will never reopen. 

1 hour ago, MonmoreStef said:

I’d imagine the town centre pubs will be harder to ensure social distancing for the gaffers. I was in Groby at weekend and it’s a nice size to spread people about with a good garden area but I guess a lot of the centre pubs have looked at the numbers they can accommodate and thought it pointless. Fear many will never reopen. 

Exactly. 

The other part I felt was that town is all about, 'let's pop in here', 'let's go in here for a laugh' 'let's have a livener in here'......that kind of spontaneity has gone.

Whereas your Groby,  Ratby, Anstey type locals are kinda, as you say, spacious and a place you'll settle down in one place for the evening, 

I really fear for city centres. Office work potentially dead. Retail potentially dead. Live entertainment potentially dead. Nighttime economy potentially dead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Went in the salmon for the first time the other day. The bloke on the bar was miserable as sin and all I could see available was camra style ales. My pint tasted like soap too. Thoroughly disappointing, probably won’t bother again 

Black Country Pubs downfall. They are good, proper pubs but they have been known to punish landlords/managers who want to introduce craft beers on their pumps. I am aware this happen at Craven Arms in Brum and the Kings Head in Leicester. 

Still if I have gotta have an average pint, I'd rather go there than anywhere else for average beer in LE

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Salmon pretty much running as per a normal pub - slightly more spacing, screens at the bar and you can’t stand up to drink.

My dad went out on Saturday night and said some pubs are running orders via apps etc. Therefore older generation can’t be arsed. 

Correct. I arrived at some smart gaff in st Martin's and couldn't be arsed for the app malarkey. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Black Country Pubs downfall. They are good, proper pubs but they have been known to punish landlords/managers who want to introduce craft beers on their pumps. I am aware this happen at Craven Arms in Brum and the Kings Head in Leicester. 

Still if I have gotta have an average pint, I'd rather go there than anywhere else for average beer in LE

I don't mind Black Country pubs in general but it's a bloody tragedy the Craven Arms got taken on by them, absolute gem