Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

21 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Fanboys ...   "They're like flies buzzing around ones head -  you swat at them but they don't p1ss off - they just keep on irritating the f**k out of you."

Neither me nor Saul of Tarsus could have put it any better Gerbs ....    :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Not really sure about that tbh ...    if he has come back with a good attitude and it is not affecting the other players then ..   if needed ..    play him or perhaps bring on as sub ...   what’s best for the club is good enough for me.   With Shinji out we are a bit bare up front.

What precedent does that set, and how does it sit with the other players who have towed the line, when he has dropped the team in the shit by not turning up?

Take the piss, break your contract at will and that’s fine? 

I dont agree with that at all. 

Thats shows weakness, and would be appalling TEAM management.

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

What precedent does that set, and how does it sit with the other players who have towed the line, when he has dropped the team in the shit by not turning up?

I'm sort of with you but a couple of players have already said they aren't bothered by it ...   they have known each other a long time and probably get on very well ...   they know he is a bit fragile and hasn't been given the best of advice ...   also, for now ...   if we pay him to play and it might help us win then play him ...    it is a business after all.    Horses for courses ..  a slightly different attitude when he returned might have been dealt with very differently ...    I'm happy with how the owners and Claude have played it.

(Personally ..      a different matter).

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

i'm pretty sure that diabate and gray will be pretty despondent  at the thought of mahrez throwing wobblies and handing in transfer requests.

Just now, Countryfox said:

I'm sort of with you but a couple of players have already said they aren't bothered by it ...   they have known each other a long time and probably get on very well ...   they know he is a bit fragile and hasn't been given the best of advice ...   also, for now ...   if we pay him to play and it might help us win then play him ...    it is a business after all.    Horses for courses ..  a slightly different attitude when he returned might have been dealt with very differently ...    I'm happy with how the owners and Claude have played it.

(Personally ..      a different matter).

I’d prefer to make him sit a few games out on principal.

52 minutes ago, Ian S said:

I think some of us accept it but find it a little hard to understand.The ease with which some fans accept the antics of these prima donnas these days never ceases to amaze me.

I get that. I would add that it amazes me how willing some people are to react to every burp of rumour generated by the filthy press etc. 

I accept that RM might have behaved dreadfully, but I don't know that he has. 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

You sure were very supportive of him when he was struggling, right? Of course not! Your hate for him started way before this transfer mess started

Cut the sh*t! You only want him to be loyal to you but you can't do the same for him. This shite gets on my nerves! of all people, you are one of the few that have no leg to stand on regarding mahrez.

You are correct in SOME of what you say.

I have been happy to write that he’s played really well this season - back to his best at times - which you ignore.

I was not supportive of him last season when he was a non trier,

and I am certainly not supportive of him being such a selfish brat, being unprofessional and going on strike.

I don’t like the bloke despite his talent for these reasons. 

My loyalty is not to a two faced Prima Donna, but the football club.

That Foxy, is where you and I differ. 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You are correct in SOME of what you say.

I have been happy to write that he’s played really well this season - back to his best at times - which you ignore.

I was not supportive of him last season when he was a non trier,

and I am certainly not supportive of him being such a selfish brat, being unprofessional and going on strike.

I don’t like the bloke despite his talent for these reasons. 

My loyalty is not to a two faced Prima Donna, but the football club.

That Foxy, is where you and I differ. 

Absolute pony that he was a non trier last season, he just had a poor season. A lot of them did. From September to February, Vardy was beyond words. Was he not trying? Ultimately Ranieri failed to find a solution to getting Mahrez and Vardy the service they needed to do what they're good at. Puel has instantly realised what Mahrez needed to revitalize him and he has done so, no surprise he's now showing how good he is again. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Sorry I don't get this stance. Him and Vardy gave us nothing a squad of players did though.

Do people not see what LCFC have given him. We took him from a second rate French side and probably paid him more than he had ever dreamed of.

We took him to the premier league and paid him more. We've made him a house hold name across Europe even the world.

We've made him a champion and gave him more money.  We put up with his summer antics and forgiven him. The the silly little cvnt goes and does it again but worse.

We have given him the world. He's done his job and treated our club like shite.

Football on the whole bores me these days, yet it's in my blood like any fan. I'll cherish these last few years and of course the whole lot of them that contributed to what we've done will have a place in my heart but Mahrez, Vardy and Kante take the awards. They were outrageous and have earnt the right to fcuk off if they want to. That doesn't mean I want them to go or for cheap but I perhaps don't care as much as some of you lot. 

25 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

No mate, there's a long queue afore him - Sep Smith, Ernie Hine, Channy, Adam Black, Hughie Adcock, Arthur Rowley, Crossy, Frankie W (in his pants), Gary-Gary-Gary (?), John O'Neill, Muzzy, Stevie Walsh, Jamie Vardy and Kasper Schmeichel. I'm sure you can see why they'd have precedence.

...And Weller in tights. Can I also nominate Gibson, Sjoberg, Lenny and Banks. 

He'd be a bit part player for me from here on in, get the team used to being without him and give others opportunity.

If he applies himself in training and earns a spot fair enough but he left the group and has to work his way back. If he wants a decent club he'll do it, if he doesn't ok we could lose some of his value, but we can afford it and sometimes there are things more valuable than profit. The squad need to know that his behaviour isn't ok.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, totbl said:

He'd be a bit part player for me from here on in, get the team used to being without him and give others opportunity.

If he applies himself in training and earns a spot fair enough but he left the group and has to work his way back. If he wants a decent club he'll do it, if he doesn't ok we could lose some of his value, but we can afford it and sometimes there are things more valuable than profit. The squad need to know that his behaviour isn't ok.

Yeah spot on. Got a good opportunity to try other options

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Makes me laugh the fanboys saying that people shouldn’t believe everything the papers say but are happy to lap up those statements. If you can’t see those statements for what they are then it’s pointless debating with you

Given the level of disdain on here for the young Algerians who worship Riyad, why do you post as if they are the only ones who have some sympathy for Riyad.

Some people love a bit of moral outrage, and it is often informative to reflect on their targets.

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

Yes they are an irritant - they really mess with the concept this forum was set up to fulfil. Not understanding the idea of what a team is about and the entirely different focus of loyalty to the Club and not to an individual, they've introduced a disruptive and unnecessary element into discussions and arguments that were, at least, on a common footing. They're like flies buzzing around ones head -  you swat at them but they don't p1ss off - they just keep on irritating the f**k out of you.

I suspect that this forum gives them the only opportunity they have to combine together. I've seen their comments on various media - Facebook and the like. 'mahrez he make lester - they no good when he go'; 'he to good - go to man city' -  a bit like the 'Two Dannys' only slightly worse English. They're living off reflected glory - if they weren't such twots I'd feel sorry for them.

It is disgraceful to have all these young lads worshipping their favourite footballer beyond all reason.

What is the world coming to? Not even having good English, eh.

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Football on the whole bores me these days, yet it's in my blood like any fan. I'll cherish these last few years and of course the whole lot of them that contributed to what we've done will have a place in my heart but Mahrez, Vardy and Kante take the awards. They were outrageous and have earnt the right to fcuk off if they want to. That doesn't mean I want them to go or for cheap but I perhaps don't care as much as some of you lot. 

It's not the going that bothers me. It's the way he's going about it.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I get that. I would add that it amazes me how willing some people are to react to every burp of rumour generated by the filthy press etc. 

I accept that RM might have behaved dreadfully, but I don't know that he has. 

Cutting a bit of slack for a lynchpin of our greatest side in over 100 years? Not believing every word uttered by ruthless journo's? Not getting whipped up into a frenzy of tabloid-style outrage?

Are you mad, or perhaps, not English... :whistle: