Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Fousseni Diabaté

Good start, hes realised now i think, that he is playing n the premier league and he will need to up his speed and thinking and acknowledge that the players around him are a step up from where he has been.

The overall looks good, but it will take some time

I really like the look of his play, tricky, thoughtful team wise and fast.

Very promising, a good fit in the team question is whether we continue to play him and risk "burning him out" or start to integrate him more slowly into the first team bearing in mind that he's other things to sort out too...like learning to speak English (Puel said he doesn't speak English in one of his interviews, we're running out of French Speaking players....oh, hang on a mo....... it's them that's running out on us.He's certainly good enough.

He’ll be even better when he has a right back who’ll overlap. He’s mainly played with Simmo behind him and that invariably means he’ll be left on his own against two men whilst Simmo stays parallel with the centre backs. He looks good but I’m not sure Diabaté is going to be able to cope with the lack of support as he’s not Mahrez. On the left it’s totally the opposite with Fuchs yesterday offering endless options for Albrighton. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MisterFoxKillen said:

Never heard about this guy before, but Fousseni seems to be a really good prospect.

But if he reaches the same heights as Mahrez, then I think we will find us in the same situation... 

What Premier League winner and PFA player of the year?......Yes Please!!!!  :frantics:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

He’ll be even better when he has a right back who’ll overlap. He’s mainly played with Simmo behind him and that invariably means he’ll be left on his own against two men whilst Simmo stays parallel with the centre backs. He looks good but I’m not sure Diabaté is going to be able to cope with the lack of support as he’s not Mahrez. On the left it’s totally the opposite with Fuchs yesterday offering endless options for Albrighton. 

Even Mahrez couldn't do that! the only difference is, Mahrez will go missing for 90% of the game but can muster a moment of magic, gets the game by the hand and says "may i have this dance" and just like that, he wins us games.

Argh! the more i think about it the angrier i get!:nigel:

Edited by the fox

53 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

He started well but imo he should of been subbed in the second half. He didn't do a lot but do agree there's potential with him. 

Bizarre. Thought he had moments in the first half but also made quite a few mistakes. Much more consistent in the second and always looking (and largely succeeding) to do something positive with the ball.