Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

Not a fan of Greene King pubs particularly but GK IPA is really nice. Had a bad hangover on it though and I don’t normally get headaches from drinking (just spew up for about 7 hours instead :ermm:)

A good GK IPA is very nice from memory. Had a few very well kept pints of it in Norfolk and Suffolk, although that was a while ago. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Old fountain is decent, didn't think wenlock was that great, any recommendations on what to drink there?

Whenever I've been in they've always had something by Five Points on, lovely stuff. In terms of proper pubs I love it mate. Could sit in there for bloody ages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Leeds bods, myself and @Stadt are up there tomorrow for pints and non league togger. Can you give us a list of pubs worth visiting there?

i am sure i will miss something obvious, perhaps even loads of obvious places, @loveday @mtwg @Miquel The Work Geordie will probably fill in the gaps if i have. 

by the station in town -

head of steam (there are two, the one nearest the station is the OG), bankers cat (new gaff but v pleasing on the eye and the tastebuds imo), friends of ham (kinda cool dunno what ur vibe is), tapped (imo smells a bit weird but can not argue with the fact they do about 8000 beers)

bit further up the top of town - 

north bar (solid beers), belgrave (bar not a boozer but them slices of pizza and that five points ale mmmhm), brotherhood (sports bar, but actually kinda nice, you won’t find many interesting pints but you will be stood in a doorway singing MOT as leeds batter forest) 

down the alleys off the main roads (CURVEBALL SUGGESTIONS) -

ship (oldest boozer ever or something it says on the door, NOT SURE THATS A FACT), the angel (it’s about a quid for a pint of taddy lager, they don’t have music or teles or possibly even electricity, yet to be confirmed) 

more cosmopolitan, canal view, depends how long you’re around for cos they’re 15 mins walk from the station -

lamb and flag (superb roasts and a nice garden), stew and oyster (they do stews and oysters and i think everything in there is made out of chipboard), the palace (one of the few old schoolish boozers that actually has a tele to watch said mighty leeds battering forest) 

there’s bloody loads of places tbh 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

holy mackerel can’t believe i even included a section called DOWN THE ALLEYS and forgot whitelocks which is possible the greatest of all the ale houses IN THE LAND (disclaimer; also claims to be the worlds oldest pub)