Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

The game on Saturday is going to be MASSIVE ..    if we are not up for it then we have a big problem ..    this time the team (cus of injuries) will almost pick itself so CP's influence is lessened ...  this is about the players themselves as far as I'm concerned.   I expect to see them tear into Burnley and really get stuck in ...   nothing less.

I don't buy into the idea that the "old guard" are unwilling to change and will destabilise any attempt to do so.

They are professional footballers and if the changes they are being asked to make and the way they are being asked to play brings results I'm certain they would be absolutely on-board.

The problems come when things don't go well, that's when doubt comes in and undermines the managers credibility if he is unable to lift them above it. That's not just our club, its the same wherever you go.

37 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Probably best to look into the statistics in that period, from what I recall we looked tighter at the back and more assuring... as much as I like Morgan and thankful for what he's done we don't look that under him.

Yeah and those stats were bolstered by two blanks against fleetwood (who should have scored in both games), Morgan started the Hudderfield game and we looked comfortable so that one doesn't count either. So in reality it was Chelsea and Watford that were blanks.

Puel needs to show leadership be being very clear to players and fans what his priorities for improvement are.

Then it will be difficult for players out of step with this direction to backchat.

I fear this may sink him if he cant assert his vision

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

The game on Saturday is going to be MASSIVE ..    if we are not up for it then we have a big problem ..    this time the team (cus of injuries) will almost pick itself so CP's influence is lessened ...  this is about the players themselves as far as I'm concerned.   I expect to see them tear into Burnley and really get stuck in ...   nothing less.

Let's hope so

The players do not to be continually told how important the next game is how vital it is to gain 7th spot after all we're not dealing with kids  -  are we?

The fact is certain players could be the ruination of this Club if a) they are not moved on or b) their hearts aren't in it.

5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Employees always know best

That's not even remotely true, but okay bud. Does a Customer Assistant at Tesco know more about the running of a global corporation than the people who actually own and run the business?

Edited by Beechey

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

That's not even remotely true, but okay bud. Does a Customer Assistant at Tesco know more about the running of a global corporation than the people who actually own and run the business?

Sheena actually does. You can find her up the cereal isle

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

Sheena actually does. You can find her up the cereal isle

I actually work at Tesco, I could absolutely run the business better than those who do now, no doubt about it. My qualifications in serving customers quite quickly should prove that, right?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Beechey said:

The customer assistants collectively do.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

The players do not to be continually told how important the next game is how vital it is to gain 7th spot after all we're not dealing with kids  -  are we?

The fact is certain players could be the ruination of this Club if a) they are not moved on or b) their hearts aren't in it.

Don't get why it is " vital " to gain the 7th spot. It's a crap competition in the first place and detracts away from staying in the Premiership. And believe me if Claud the fraud is still in charge next season that's going to be a tall order on its own never mind playing in a nothing European competition.

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Imagine turning against your title winning players for a nothing manager like Poo-el. The mind boggles.

Imagine banging on about Pearson every time a manager discussion comes up when his replacement won the league and hes dossing about in Belgium. Wowzers.

Just now, Donut said:

Imagine banging on about Pearson every time a manager discussion comes up when his replacement won the league and hes dossing about in Belgium. Wowzers.

Pearson achieved a damn sight more than Puel ever will.

7 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The customer assistants collectively do.

they really don't, they have no idea about anything other than where something is on the shelf or an alternate product should they be out of stock

Just now, Bunyip said:

you have no idea if that's true and Puel took a side smaller than us deep in the CL with mainly younger players

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

can you not read? actually now i can see its you thats quoting, what a daft question

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

you have no idea if that's true and Puel took a side smaller than us deep in the CL with mainly younger players

Pearson got us two promotions and laid the foundations for Ranieri to win the premiership. Puel, on the other hand, got the sack from Southampton and is going to get the same from here.

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Pearson got us two promotions and laid the foundations for Ranieri to win the premiership. Puel, on the other hand, got the sack from Southampton and is going to get the same from here.

Whilst finishing 8th in the Premier League. And won the title in France, and went to the Champions League semi final. which slightly outweighs beating Walsall and Doncaster.

But then again not much point mentionning that if itll make your already shit argument even shitter is there?

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

Whilst finishing 8th in the Premier League. And won the title in France, and went to the Champions League semi final. which slightly outweighs beating Walsall and Doncaster.

But then again not much point mentionning that if itll make your already shit argument even shitter is there?

And Puel hasn't got the guts to tell a fan to fvck off and Die. Bloody whispering wimp.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

I actually work at Tesco, I could absolutely run the business better than those who do now, no doubt about it. My qualifications in serving customers quite quickly should prove that, right?

Dunno mate, the Eastern Europeans at the Aldi check out are rapid

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

I don't buy into the idea that the "old guard" are unwilling to change and will destabilise any attempt to do so.

They are professional footballers and if the changes they are being asked to make and the way they are being asked to play brings results I'm certain they would be absolutely on-board.

The problems come when things don't go well, that's when doubt comes in and undermines the managers credibility if he is unable to lift them above it. That's not just our club, its the same wherever you go.

Not if if their starting place is threatened. Two of the old guard are clearly in this situation with one being the actual captain and the third has an ungrateful job upfront in the new system for which he clearly isn't cut without a proper 10. 

Ranieri, Shakespeare and now Puel. There is a pattern. We do have a player power problem, no point in sugar coating it. The ball is in the owners camp. Either they back-up the manager they appointed, give him time to put his ideas in practice and tell the unhappy players to get the fck off or they ditch the manager and allow the circus to repeat itself next season with a probable relegation battle at the end of the road.

It depends on wether they really have a long term vision for the club or not.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 2