Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Not your opinion, I’m asking what Puels best team is.

Sure, replace Amartey with Simpson and Dragovic with Morgan. Again, not changes that are entirely surprising. Okazaki's form has been on and off though, so he's been getting dropped for Gray, who has also been on and off.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Way to twist things

- Iborra's and Gray's form fell off the cliff and they got rightly dropped. Iborra was 

- Shinji isn't an undiscutable starter. He's inconsistent and one of the least adapted to Puel's system along with Simpson. He's only playing because there is 0 alternative at the moment.

- Amartey never was a starter to begin with, improved a lot under Puel, played instead of Simpson and then got injured. 

- Dragovic was replaced by Morgan as soon as the latter was fit again. The only decision I'm against.

Name a player other than Mahrez, Vardy and Ndidi that’s form hasn’t fallen off a cliff in the last 3 months.

34 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

We do have a massive problem with player power in our squad it seems.

Wonder if the owners will give in this time...

They are a bit precious. Happy to **** over the club and fans until they get their own way.

Could do with a miraculous 6 wins out of six though...

Edited by Royston.
  • Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Name a player other than Mahrez, Vardy and Ndidi that’s form hasn’t fallen off a cliff in the last 3 months.

Maguire, Chilwell (definitely improving), Gray (consistently meh), Diabate, Iborra (became a key player again), Silva (definitely improving).

We've got some problems at this club. It's plain to see that there are some players far more powerful than they should be.

Whether or not you like Puel, this is a bigger issue and it needs tackling.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Iborra and Gray were basically crap at least 5-6 games in a row. December, begin of January if I recall it good.

Oh and remember what Puel did as soon as he came: make Gray a starter. He's given him chance after chance before dropping him. Same with James. One can criticize his stubborness but he's at least consequent. 

Edited by ZeGuy

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

So no quote then?  Look, I am obviously being slightly lighthearted and facetious in my comments but let's not all spunk blood over all this quite yet.  The media, after all, do love to whip up a story now and then.  X

I agree with you, but John Percy's different, he's normally on the money with us. He's very well informed.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We've got some problems at this club. It's plain to see that there are some players far more powerful than they should be.

Whether or not you like Puel, this is a bigger issue and it needs tackling.

The players are surely the aging ones and the most threatened to lose their place. If the owners don't back up the manager on this one it will be the same mess with the next one. 

1 minute ago, Harry - LCFC said:

For me we'd be repeating Southampton's mistake by sacking Puel.

We're likely going to finish 8th, as Southampton did, and throw the dice because of boring football. It isn't worth it in my opinion.

I'm not sure why 8th is likely....

Sorry, but after that Brighton game, how can they complain about Okazaki not starting over Diabate?

Diabate comes on with 35 minutes to go, at 0-0, after we've not created a single chance all game.

We go on to win the game 0-2, he plays a big part in the second, and actually makes more happen than we'd done before he was on the pitch. To put it simply, it's a totally fair pick for him to start over Okazaki.

That, and things like Morgan over Dragovic, just reek of a dressing room hierarchy. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Pearson back on good terms with the owners, Walsh being let go by Everton and Shakespeare back to being a number 2. 

It's happening.... lol

(Joking)

I genuinely wouldn't rule it out.

13 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I'b be half tempted bin off Schmeichel, Morgan and Simpson. They're on the decline and some of the leaders in the dressing room and this is toxic if true

Heard that Man City had been interested in taking Schmeichel, but he wasn't willing to leave due to a lack of guarantee of being a first-team goalkeeper.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Heard that Man City had been interested in taking Schmeichel, but he wasn't willing to leave due to a lack of guarantee of being a first-team goalkeeper.

I was thinking about this earlier and I cannot see anyone better than us having him. An average goalkeeper, good for us, but nowhere near good enough to be a starter for the big boys. 

On 4/7/2018 at 17:45, ttfn said:

Puel is trying to revolutionise the football side of the club. 

The club, and by extension us as fans, need to back him or sack him.

At the moment we’re in this extremely frustrating halfway house whereby he has a squad of players wholly unsuited to the style of play he wants to implement.

It shouldn’t be overlooked how difficult it is to come into a new club and change the style of play. I’m sure everybody remembers our problems under Sousa as we tried to evolve away from the “up and at em” style of Pearson’s first spell which resulted in the sack after some humiliating defeats. The same thing happened to Frank de Boer at Crystal Palace. It took Guardiola (widely acknowledged as the greatest manager of his generation) a year  to coach and develop Manchester City into any sort of sustained improvement. In that context, Puel’s relative success in totally changing our style of play and producing what is overall a reasonably positive set of results is actually pretty impressive.

But it’s clear that things can’t continue as they are. As under Ranieri and Shakespeare, teams have worked out how to defend against us and to be honest it looks pretty easy. 2 banks of four, defend deep, 2 men on Mahrez, one man up front. Let Morgan and Simpson have it all they want. 

So the club needs to make a choice. Back or sack. And “back” doesn’t just mean giving him a bit more time. It means committing totally to what he wants to do stylistically. Realistically it means the end for Morgan, for Simpson and for Albrighton, all fantastic servants (and title winners!) but extremely lacking in technical ability by Premier League standards. Given that Morgan allegedly (deservedly?) wields a disproportionate level of influence this could be tumultuous to say the least.

If the club thinks that its more important to “look after” Morgan and co then fine, but in that case Puel’s not the man for the job. Personally I find that extremely dispiriting and short termist.

....are you saying that Pearson was sacked or are you referring to Souza!!!

I know that Silva has commented in interviews on his surprise at the intensity of the matches in the Premier League, maybe he feels he is not getting adequate preperation for it (and his seasonal training schedule was ****ed by a slow fax machine). It is totally normal to alter the training by this stage of the season but in games we're certainly not showing the old intensity until 65 mins in if we're chasing the game.

There may be a few disgruntled players at the moment, I would expect Simpson to be frustrated at being subbed to accomodate plan B, Fuchs will be too, Shinji should as he has been left out after good performances a few times but it's hard to imagine him as anything other than cheerful!

If players are feeling inadequately prepared is anyone (players or journalists) associating the training to the injuries? Back in the days of David Pleat that was my main task, reading David Rennies article in the new magazine reaffirms that they're so much more on top of things now than they ever were it's like a different planet although I'm proud to have been able to contribute and encourage discussion and some broader thinking at the time than just match day injuries being down to events in the match.

You presume everyone is on top of it all nowadays but look at Arsenal in the last few years, something was seriously wrong and only after extensive review has it started to turn around for them. The data, quality of training pitches, physiotherapy, individual tailoring of diets and supplements etc is light years ahead of what it was but if a new manager does make a change to the way they train you have to monitor all other data and look for any potential correlations but I'm sure they will be doing this or that the data will be pre-emptive based on the loading figures. If they do find or suspect any connection then the relationship structure and hierarchy becomes crucial but with such a large investment in Sports Science staff I'd find it hard to believe their opinions would be ignored. The minute that they are the players would be well within their rights to object if they feel it potentially effects their condition and career.