Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

1 hour ago, Albert said:

“A very capable player”?!?!?! He’s not had a run in the side since he’s signed and looks a complete panic attack anytime the ball comes near him. If you honestly think he’s got the ability to be a regular in the side you’re deluded. Bring on as a sub for 10mins to give us legs yes, starting 11 no chance 

That’s  his style - yes.

strangely he had a run of three or four games with drinky 18 months ago where he looked comfortable. but it was a false dawn I think. 

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

people going on about Puel bringing in his own players when he brought in super stars like Pierre Emile Hojbjerg and errrr Stuart Taylor when at Southampton. But ok let’s wait until he brings in more dross like the worst player on the pitch on Saturday. 

Is he bringing in another Wes Morgan??

• Haha 1

Shakey got sacked for the same set of results Claude has now presided over.

People saying give him a

chance, and also saying we need stability as we’ve sacked two managers in a year. That’s not the criteria for keeping a manager, who is now looking no better than the previous incumbent.

To me he is making bad decisions;

the defence has gone to pot; Wes over Dragovic; persisting with Chilwell who is costing us goals every other week who should have been loaned out.

He is definitely not getting the best out of the players in the squad, performances generally disappointing where he can’t seem to get the players motivated to start a game properly.

Home form through the floor where we can’t create chances.

Puel out.

Not Puel in.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

People saying give him a

chance, and also saying we need stability as we’ve sacked two managers in a year. That’s not the criteria for keeping a manager, who is now looking no better than the previous incumbent.

the defence has gone to pot; Wes over Dragovic; persisting with Chilwell who is costing us goals every other week who should have been loaned out.

He is definitely not getting the best out of the players in the squad, performances generally disappointing where he can’t seem to get the players motivated to start a game properly.

Puel out.

Not Puel in.

No comparison at all. The performances under Shakey at the start of the season were far far worse than yesterday. Shakey had also had the full summer and spent decent money on players like Nacho. 

There me was a post about Diabate being the worst player on the pitch yesterday. FFS, this is a young player who was extremely low cost. Clearly has talent so absolutely worth a punt as a signing.

its not that he can't get the players motivated, its individual errors because the players aren't good enough. Morgan essentially passed the ball to them for the first under relatively little pressure.

there is 3 players at the back, simpson, morgan and chilwell who should never play for us again. then there is 2 more up the park who also should never play again, gray and shinij. puel has had heaps of time to get things right but he just seems to go backwards his selections are strange, time to GO! 

1 minute ago, bpfox said:

there is 3 players at the back, simpson, morgan and chilwell who should never play for us again. then there is 2 more up the park who also should never play again, gray and shinij. puel has had heaps of time to get things right but he just seems to go backwards his selections are strange, time to GO! 

Agree to a degree. Chilwell and Gray however are just naive and immature, I can see the value in persisting as they have a ability. The other 3 have seen better days for sure. 

Him and our manager (for now) must compete for the quietest and probably dullest speaking managers in the league! 

You just seem to be inconsistent and maybe not getting enough out of everyone on the pitch.

Like us last week Burnley were almost gifted the goals by your defence.

Still good to see Vardy scoring goals from an England point of view with the summer ahead.

Edited by Super_horns

23 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

People saying give him a

Puel out.

Not Puel in.

Chilwell has played well the last few games. Amazing how Fuchs has suddenly become a worldbeater whilst not being in the side despite him being responsible for us conceding goals this season. Puel is being afforded that luxury because we're not in danger of being relegated, if we were in this position under Shakespeare he wouldn't be under pressure. There's the difference. For me there's no point of Puel going now.

On 11/04/2018 at 22:00, Sharpe's Fox said:

people going on about Puel bringing in his own players when he brought in super stars like Pierre Emile Hojbjerg and errrr Stuart Taylor when at Southampton. But ok let’s wait until he brings in more dross like the worst player on the pitch on Saturday. 

Diabate came pretty close to having an assist on Saturday. Think worst player on the pitch is very harsh. What about Morgan and Simpson?

He's a young kid. Looks a great prospect, be nice Sharpy

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Diabate came pretty close to having an assist on Saturday. Think worst player on the pitch is very harsh. What about Morgan and Simpson?

He's a young kid. Looks a great prospect, be nice Sharpy

Look at the date of my post matey boy

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Chilwell has played well the last few games. Amazing how Fuchs has suddenly become a worldbeater whilst not being in the side despite him being responsible for us conceding goals this season. Puel is being afforded that luxury because we're not in danger of being relegated, if we were in this position under Shakespeare he wouldn't be under pressure. There's the difference. For me there's no point of Puel going now.

I can’t agree at that Chilwell should be learning his trade here contributing to us missing out on 7th place.

Id have Fuchs over him despite that his legs have gone.

38 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

No comparison at all. The performances under Shakey at the start of the season were far far worse than yesterday. Shakey had also had the full summer and spent decent money on players like Nacho. 

There me was a post about Diabate being the worst player on the pitch yesterday. FFS, this is a young player who was extremely low cost. Clearly has talent so absolutely worth a punt as a signing.

its not that he can't get the players motivated, its individual errors because the players aren't good enough. Morgan essentially passed the ball to them for the first under relatively little pressure.

I’m not saying Shakey was any good at all.

Im saying the results the two managers have garnered are effectively the same.

The fact that we remain 8th I believe is papering over cracks, and people are not understanding the run of results we are on.

How we are in 8th with 43pts, is maybe an indication of how dire the league is? 

Far from impressed with what I’ve seen; we can’t defend and don’t score goals at home.

After the first 6 games of the new manager bounce we’ve fell off a cliff.

First half yesterday we were poor but still should have gone into HT at 2-1 or maybe even 2-2.... Mahrez missed a very good chance (header) and hit the post with a free kick and Vardy missed two good chances. Second half we deserved our goal as we were much better than Burnley.

We need to give Puel time to build a team. I have confidence in him and not the players he has to work with here. The mistake he made is bringing Morgan back in. BUT he is building a team to be solid and play football.... it isn't going to happen overnight, it may not even happen over the summer, because not only do these players need to adapt but we need to ship about 8 players out and bring replacements in. Talking about a new goalkeeper, centre back, right back, winger... I'd be amazed if all that happens over the course of a summer.

I have faith in Puel.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I can’t agree at that Chilwell should be learning his trade here contributing to us missing out on 7th place.

We'd have missed out on 7th with Fuchs in the team. Don't kid yourself in thinking otherwise. 

I want us to persevere within Puel but there's no denying how dire our current form is. 

So many questions 

Why take off Gray yesterday

Why change Maguire Dragovic pairing

General selection (acknowledging injuries suspensions) often bizarre

Lack of motivation is there dressing room was sent

Lack of clarity in recruitment e.g. why no cover at LB, not impressed with Rudkin etc

In all feel a bit pessimistic but can't see another manager bettering things

On 11/04/2018 at 21:00, Sharpe's Fox said:

Hojbjerg is a very good player as is Romeu for the Saints who Puel signed. 

I’d be more concerned if we weren’t making chances, but this isn’t the problem. On another day, we’d have beaten Burnley. It’s defensively where we have a problem. I don’t think Morgan and Simpson should start next season and I’m not sure if our midfield is shielding our back four sufficiently.

We concede too many goals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Fuchs was the most taken on defender last season in the league.

He is not a saviour

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’d be more concerned if we weren’t making chances, but this isn’t the problem. On another day, we’d have beaten Burnley. It’s defensively where we have a problem. I don’t think Morgan and Simpson should start next season and I’m not sure if our midfield is shielding our back four sufficiently.

We concede too many goals.

Exactly, I'd be more worried about not creating chances, but we seem to be able to do that. The defensive fragility is a concern, but hopefully a new cb and rb will be in for next season where we can actually have a solid base.