Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Mohamed Elyounoussi - Gone to Southampton.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

4-2-3-1

Attacking full backs

The three attacking midfielders playing narrow.

The two wider of the three attacking midfielders supporting the full backs who supply the width. 

There would be plenty of little through balls slipped into Vardy which is better suited to him than crosses out wide.

who you playing alongside N'didi? Silva or new signing? 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

who you playing alongside N'didi? Silva or new signing? 

Silva.

He deserves a chance and we can't keep buying players for big money and discarding them. We then end up with a player who is expensive and we can't get our money back on. My philosophy is to only buy obvious first team players and young talented players which is why I was against the signing of Iborra who came here to be a squad player for big money. I think our squad players should be made up of ex first team players like Morgan, Okazaki, etc, on their way down and bought young talent like Diabate and and academy players.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Silva.

He deserves a chance and we can't keep buying players for big money and discarding them. We then end up with a player who is expensive and we can't get our money back on. My philosophy is to only buy obvious first team players and young talented players which is why I was against the signing of Iborra who came here to be a squad player for big money. I think our squad players should be made up of ex first team players like Morgan, Okazaki, etc, on their way down and bought young talent like Diabate and and academy players.

:surrender:

but seriously... you want players like Morgan, Okazaki, King and co. starting next season? Because that's what will easily happen after just 1-2 injuries to our starters. 

Are you honestly suggesting if Maguire gets injured for 5-6 months, you are happy with Morgan starting, when we should be pushing for a European place and trying to compete in both cups?

You are going to have to accept, that we HAVE to have much better options in the squad, not only to genuinely challenge the starting 11 each week, but also to provide almost like for like cover when required, whether during a game, in cup matches or for pro-longed periods of the season. 

I understand your reservations over having options that cost money on the bench, especially after business such as Musa and Slimani, but those failings should not prevent us from continuing to be ambitious and trying to emulate the bigger clubs. We have Billionaire owners and revenue pouring in and we must adjust our ambitions, smartly but accordingly.

Yes I understand your opinions on developing youth players and we absolutely should continue that, but as anyone knows, not all young players reach their potential and that will continue at Leicester, like every other club. Some will succeed, some won't. We would be foolish to rely on them right now but certainly more foolish to rely on players like Morgan and co. 

We need to get the balance right now, not just for the future. Getting the balance right so that we can compete for Europe and Cups, requires developing and slowly integrating our youngsters, whether home grown or signed, as well as focusing on maximising the squad in terms of signing top players, not just squad fillers.

We need to move on the players that are an obvious downgrade on the starting 11 and bring in quality, whether in terms of top rated young players that are ready to play, or more experienced pros - It doesn't really matter which, they both have positive and negatives, as long as we improve the squad. 

• Like 2

Imagine if we could just persuade Mahrez that he loves it here and should stay....

Kasper

Pereira  Maguire  Evans  Chilwell

Ndidi Silva

Mahrez  Maddison  Elyounoussi

Vardy

Jizz in my pants.  X

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Imagine if we could just persuade Mahrez that he loves it here and should stay....

Kasper

Ndidi Silva

Vardy

Jizz in my pants.  X

That team would be unreal.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Ndidi Silva

Vardy

Honestly, this team imo has the chance to be an underdog that wins the league if Man City underperforms. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Pereira  Maguire  Evans  Plattenhardt

Ndidi Loftus-Cheek

Vardy

Jizz in my pants.  X

6th place would be ours with this line-up I reckon! 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

:surrender:

but seriously... you want players like Morgan, Okazaki, King and co. starting next season? Because that's what will easily happen after just 1-2 injuries to our starters. 

Are you honestly suggesting if Maguire gets injured for 5-6 months, you are happy with Morgan starting, when we should be pushing for a European place and trying to compete in both cups?

You are going to have to accept, that we HAVE to have much better options in the squad, not only to genuinely challenge the starting 11 each week, but also to provide almost like for like cover when required, whether during a game, in cup matches or for pro-longed periods of the season. 

I understand your reservations over having options that cost money on the bench, especially after business such as Musa and Slimani, but those failings should not prevent us from continuing to be ambitious and trying to emulate the bigger clubs. We have Billionaire owners and revenue pouring in and we must adjust our ambitions, smartly but accordingly.

Yes I understand your opinions on developing youth players and we absolutely should continue that, but as anyone knows, not all young players reach their potential and that will continue at Leicester, like every other club. Some will succeed, some won't. We would be foolish to rely on them right now but certainly more foolish to rely on players like Morgan and co. 

We need to get the balance right now, not just for the future. Getting the balance right so that we can compete for Europe and Cups, requires developing and slowly integrating our youngsters, whether home grown or signed, as well as focusing on maximising the squad in terms of signing top players, not just squad fillers.

We need to move on the players that are an obvious downgrade on the starting 11 and bring in quality, whether in terms of top rated young players that are ready to play, or more experienced pros - It doesn't really matter which, they both have positive and negatives, as long as we improve the squad. 

There are pros and cons in both methods. I would prefer to spend our money on the best players we can whilst you would rather sacrifice some quality in the best XI to have a stronger squad by spending valuable resources on players like Iborra who will have little value if we try to sell.

In an ideal world I would like to move on your three examples of Morgan, Okazaki and King but if we can't I'd prefer if they were used to support the squad rather than sit around collecting a wage and too far down the pecking order to ever get a game.

Centre halves I think we're half a player short ideally. Really happy with Maguire and Evans but I think Morgan was decent last season but I worry he could age suddenly especially not playing regularly. I'd prefer a cheap £2.5m buy like Hegazi to be third choice or a young centre half with great potential to become that third choice. What I don't want is an expensive £15m buy to be third choice like the Georgian lad we've been linked with, I'd rather go with what we have and reassess in January.

I also see signs of PL clubs being stuck with lots of expensive flops that can't be shifted so it's another reason why I'd prefer a small talented first team squad of about 14/15 players supplemented by ex first team players, young talented players and academy players.

We have players like Slimani, Musa, Mendy, Benalouane, etc that have cost about £75m and would anyone be surprised if we failed to sell any of them this summer? We'll probably get a few loan offers though. It's why I'm so happy about our business this summer as we believe we've signed three first team players and probably in our three weakest positions. 

From Wikipedia: "Elyounoussi’s father owns a pizza shop in Norway, with young Mohamed occasionally dropping in to entertain customers by singing classic songs by the Nolan Sisters".

Gerrimmin! (to the hospitality area, if not the pitch)

More seriously.... https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/mohamed-elyounoussi-pizza-loving-forward-leicester-are-eyeing-mahrezs-replacement (2016)

"Elyounoussi is now a full Norwegian international, and FourFourTwo has learned that Leicester City have been keeping tabs on the youngster for some time. Part of an exciting generation of young Norwegian talent that includes Martin Ødegaard, Mats Dæhli and Iver Fossum, Elyounoussi is expected to leave his homeland in search of a greater challenge in the coming months. “His goals are all of a high quality,” Molde manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said in 2015. “They're not just tap-ins, they're very varied. He's a technically gifted goalscorer and the type of player I really love working with. I look forward to working more with him.” Unwilling to let Elyounoussi rest on his laurels, however, Solskjaer is eager to see more from the player. “Moi can be really frustrating sometimes and today he was out of the match completely,” he once told Dagbladet. “He didn't do much, but he has that X factor so many strikers lack in that he's always dangerous and can score at any time.”

Interesting if we were monitoring him before 2016..... Let's just hope he realises that Claudio's pizza reward scheme is a thing of the past.

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

From Wikipedia: "Elyounoussi’s father owns a pizza shop in Norway, with young Mohamed occasionally dropping in to entertain customers by singing classic songs by the Nolan Sisters".

More seriously.... https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/mohamed-elyounoussi-pizza-loving-forward-leicester-are-eyeing-mahrezs-replacement (2016)

"Elyounoussi is now a full Norwegian international, and FourFourTwo has learned that Leicester City have been keeping tabs on the youngster for some time. Part of an exciting generation of young Norwegian talent that includes Martin Ødegaard, Mats Dæhli and Iver Fossum, Elyounoussi is expected to leave his homeland in search of a greater challenge in the coming months. “His goals are all of a high quality,” Molde manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said in 2015. “They're not just tap-ins, they're very varied. He's a technically gifted goalscorer and the type of player I really love working with. I look forward to working more with him.” Unwilling to let Elyounoussi rest on his laurels, however, Solskjaer is eager to see more from the player. “Moi can be really frustrating sometimes and today he was out of the match completely,” he once told Dagbladet. “He didn't do much, but he has that X factor so many strikers lack in that he's always dangerous and can score at any time.”

Interesting if we were monitoring him before 2016..... Let's just hope he realises that Claudio's pizza reward scheme is a thing of the past.

Sounds very familar! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Oxymoron of the century, right there.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've told you a thousand times... 

As for why, I think it's more to do with memories of the Great Escape. 

I preferred the four at the back that won us the title. 

But that isn't really my point.

Puel has done absolutely nothing to suggest he'll go with 3.

10 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I preferred the four at the back that won us the title. 

But that isn't really my point.

Puel has done absolutely nothing to suggest he'll go with 3.

Maybe so. It's not really worth getting het up for though. 

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

6th place would be ours with this line-up I reckon! 

Aye, that would be great.  Would love us to sign Loftus-Cheek.  This team would win the league....

Kasper

Pereira  Maguire  Evans  Plattenhardt

Ndidi KANTE

Vardy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Aye, that would be great.  Would love us to sign Loftus-Cheek.  This team would win the league....

Kasper

Pereira  Maguire  Evans  Plattenhardt

Ndidi KANTE

Vardy

Ouch that still hurts 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Silva.

:facepalm:Sorry, but your "philosophy" would be an absolute recipe for disaster. You would pick players who are on their way down! Truly amazing. The idea is to finish higher in the league next season, not lower.

4 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

:facepalm:Sorry, but your "philosophy" would be an absolute recipe for disaster. You would pick players who are on their way down! Truly amazing. The idea is to finish higher in the league next season, not lower.

What? This is exactly how most teams operate. As a player loses their legs or some ability, they are benched and eventually let go. They are transitioned from a starting player to a squad player, and them eventually sold or released.

• Like 1