Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Mohamed Elyounoussi - Gone to Southampton.

13 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Ok - not a single objective criterion but let's not argue . Our owners are prepared to invest £100 mill in a training facility to take the club forward their owners want out . I think that if we felt the signing was important we trump them on the finance package to make the deal appealing . 

Its entirely possible that he wants to play for Hughes or enjoy strolling down the leafy lanes of Hampshire but I 'd be surprised if he could put an economic value on that 

Likewise, do you think a player is bothered about the future plans (some years off) of a clubs ownership, or indeed the clubs owners. They are only interested in their own progression and financial package.

21 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Ok there’s a challenge! Not sure what your criteria is for ‘objective criteria’, but I’ll have a go....

Hampshire is a nicer place to live than Leicester.

Hughes might be a more appealing manager to work under than Puel.

The player might view Southampton as a better place for his career progression than Leicester.

He and his representatives might just believe Southampton are a bigger club than us!

They're all subjective though. Objective is a universal truth, subjective is opinion. Is Hampshire nicer than Leicestershire? To some, but massively depends on the person. Hughes vs Puel? Depends on what sort of style you like your manager to have. Career progression? Judgement call. Bigger club? Judgement call. 

21 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Ok there’s a challenge! Not sure what your criteria is for ‘objective criteria’, but I’ll have a go....

Hampshire is a nicer place to live than Leicester.

Hughes might be a more appealing manager to work under than Puel.

The player might view Southampton as a better place for his career progression than Leicester.

He and his representatives might just believe Southampton are a bigger club than us!

You must be joking? 

18 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

They're all subjective though. Objective is a universal truth, subjective is opinion. Is Hampshire nicer than Leicestershire? To some, but massively depends on the person. Hughes vs Puel? Depends on what sort of style you like your manager to have. Career progression? Judgement call. Bigger club? Judgement call. 

I know, I know.

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

You must be joking? 

I would expect him to fall out with Hughes about 10 games in . Hughes will then refuse to speak to him, never pick him again and send him to train with the kids . Eventually he'll be sent out on loan or flogged at a loss :P

• Like 1

On 27/06/2018 at 10:01, Ric Flair said:

Especially as he we'd want him to play wide left and not where Mahrez plays so go and get him!!!!

I'm pretty sure that there is a rule saying that anyone outside of the top 6 can only have 1 decent winger at a time.

We all know what happens if one of these upstarts has 2 wingers playing well consistently (we only went and won the bloody league)

Hence this new rule.

It's the 21st century version of docking points for administration and we cheated our way out of this one as well ?

(How's that for objective?)

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They got him, we got Maddison. Time will tell who got the right man I guess. 

Yep seems like both teams were interested in both, and seeing as we got Maddison we no longer had an interest in this player.

He looks good though and could see him doing well there. Saints have made some great signings over the years such as Mane and Van Dijk, but equally have signed players like Boufal and Redmond who have looked average.