Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Mohamed Elyounoussi - Gone to Southampton.

Ian Burchall – former assistant manager of Basel, has confirmed Leicester’s interest in the right footed winger.

“When I was finishing my Uefa Pro Licence, I did a little study trip and spent five days in Leicester.

He was on their radar a while back. Publicly, as well. I think it was public knowledge that they were tracking him a little bit. They asked me about him and I said I really believed that he could play at that level.

I was not surprised when he scored against Man City. I sent him a message because I was really proud of him. I had him when he was 18, 19 breaking into the first-team. What a talent.

Forget his skills, his mentality – he is a tough kid mentally. He is ready to work and train and do extra. He is probably the best I have worked with at first-team level. ”

5 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Ian Burchall – former assistant manager of Basel, has confirmed Leicester’s interest in the right footed winger.

“When I was finishing my Uefa Pro Licence, I did a little study trip and spent five days in Leicester.

He was on their radar a while back. Publicly, as well. I think it was public knowledge that they were tracking him a little bit. They asked me about him and I said I really believed that he could play at that level.

I was not surprised when he scored against Man City. I sent him a message because I was really proud of him. I had him when he was 18, 19 breaking into the first-team. What a talent.

Forget his skills, his mentality – he is a tough kid mentally. He is ready to work and train and do extra. He is probably the best I have worked with at first-team level. ”

I went school with Ian, top lad. Would love to see him involved at Leicester one day but he's carving a great career abroad.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

:facepalm:Sorry, but your "philosophy" would be an absolute recipe for disaster. You would pick players who are on their way down! Truly amazing. The idea is to finish higher in the league next season, not lower.

What do you suggest we do with Fuchs, Simpson, Morgan and Okazaki?

I'd listen to any offers for all of them but the reality is at least three of them will be here next season. It's not just about attempting to assemble the best squad possible at any cost, we have to get value for money and utilise what we have. 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'd listen to any offers for all of them but the reality is at least three of them will be here next season. It's not just about attempting to assemble the best squad possible at any cost, we have to get value for money and utilise what we have. 

Yep. All of their contracts expire summer 2019 so it maybe worth keeping them as back ups for next season

7 hours ago, toddybad said:

I preferred the four at the back that won us the title. 

But that isn't really my point.

Puel has done absolutely nothing to suggest he'll go with 3.

He switched to 3 at the back several times last season.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Excuse me if I’m wrong but you’ve mentioned ‘value for money’ in numerous threads and to be honest it doesn’t work that way. 

It wouldn’t be difficult to get capable players that do offer good value, but we aren’t going to progress by operating that way. Balancing the books and adhering to FFP, yes I agree with that wholeheartedly. We do need to shift some players but we also need a squad that won’t be depleted with two or three injuries. Having one player in the starting 11 who isn’t quite upto it destabilises the whole team and it’s a margin we can’t afford to let slip in Premier League football. We can’t rely on the u23s stepping up and making the grade. We might get lucky with a couple who do make it and do a gap filling job but that’s still a big ask. Competing for a Europa spot (or higher) means every point counts. 

The Thais aren’t going to fail financially, they will make it so we can sign players and pay them while working within a set budget. Mahrez is likely to go, others will be sold or loaned out. To sign players who we think will improve the squad it will cost £20-30m per player but we will pick up some bargains like Evans. We’re shaping up well for next season, let the people who run the club worry about the finances. 

18 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Anybody know of any figures being banded around for this guy?

Doesn't seem to say how much they'd want for him.

Somewhere around the 15 million Euro mark, that'd be £13m.

Knowing what we have to pay to attract players to a Premier League club, he could probably be ours for in between £15m to £20m.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Somewhere around the 15 million Euro mark, that'd be £13m.

Knowing what we have to pay to attract players to a Premier League club, he could probably be ours for in between £15m to £20m.

That seems really fair. For that price, we’re not hurting.

i think we could do better than this bloke, we dont have muck luck with players from that part of the world. or they are really good and want to fu** of as soon as they get a better offer.

3 hours ago, bpfox said:

i think we could do better than this bloke, we dont have muck luck with players from that part of the world. or they are really good and want to fu** of as soon as they get a better offer.

That's the life of a middling Premier League team in a nutshell. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bpfox said:

I’m too a little concerned that after some quiet time, reflecting on the abilities of this lad - I’m not sure he’s as good as the hysteria that surrounds the proposed transfer. Hope I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’m too a little concerned that after some quiet time, reflecting on the abilities of this lad - I’m not sure he’s as good as the hysteria that surrounds the proposed transfer. Hope I’m wrong.

Two things th at shoukd shaoe out thinking.....  can ge adaot ti tge pl 

Dont sign anyone with a poor first touch.. . Thats what buys time   

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

The issue we have is is two fold. Sell Mahrez first for fat chunk of wonga. Next club of identified transfer rubs their hands and sits back batting away thrown numbers. Identify a better prospect than this lad, put in another huge transfer. Mahrez goes nowhere after Man City pull the plug. We in deep shit.

This seems like a fairly modest transfer fee. Whilst he's not top drawer, he seems to have something about him that could easily work with the team, and not be reliant on one player to do the 'magic'. This to me is what we are seemingly trying to build into the squad. Distribution of fairy dust. Altogether to improve team performance.

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Two things th at shoukd shaoe out thinking.....  can ge adaot ti tge pl 

Dont sign anyone with a poor first touch.. . Thats what buys time   

Can he adapt to the PL? 

Probably. We’ll have to go continental for a few signings no matter what; comments about toughness and work ethic seem to suggest he can do it.

7 hours ago, bpfox said:

Not mentioning all the troubles we've had with English born and bred players, eh?

Hopper, Smith & Pearson

Mills

Brown

Wise

Beckford

DJ Campbell

Porter

Sheehan

Just to name a few.

Selective memory is a beautiful thing.

• Like 1

He's very ambitious, but level-headed, very likeable, has a humble but cheerful, positive personality, with a decent upbringing, a good guy to hang around according to reports from people who know him a bit better.

I think we'd be onto a winner here. Personally, I'd say he's too good for FC Basel and destined for bigger things.

Very sympathetic chap, speaks English well so would fit right in.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

He's very ambitious, but level-headed, very likeable, has a humble but cheerful, positive personality, with a decent upbringing, a good guy to hang around according to reports from people who know him a bit better.

I think we'd be onto a winner here. Personally, I'd say he's too good for FC Basel and destined for bigger things.

Very sympathetic chap, speaks English well so would fit right in.

Looks a bit like Huth... :ph34r:

34 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Has there actually been a strong link on this one apart from us watching him for a few years?

Not really. Nothing from the ITK's either.

He is quoted as saying Arsenal have been following him for 2 years and (in march) he said they have stepped up their interest. 

Sounds like we are just a number of clubs that have been scouting him in recent years.

I think he looks decent and could be a good bit of business for us, but no solid links yet and not many rumours either. 

• Like 1