Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Mohamed Elyounoussi - Gone to Southampton.

The Mahrez situation is potentially screwing us over here as I can't see us buying another winger until he is definitely gone. Could continue to miss out on targets until it's all resolved and then we will be rushing around heading towards the end of the window.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

The Mahrez situation is potentially screwing us over here as I can't see us buying another winger until he is definitely gone. Could continue to miss out on targets until it's all resolved and then we will be rushing around heading towards the end of the window.

Absolutely agree !! The RM situation is becoming urgent as is the size of the squad. We need to start shipping King, Leo etc out

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe we have to sell before we buy.

There was talk of a summer transfer pot of £50m plus money from sales, we have already spent near 50m.

So maybe no more in until we have a few out.

That may well be the case. How very frustrating. 

It would appear that Tadic is off to Ajax, Elyounoussi is off to Southampton to replace him. Will Ziyech be leaving Ajax for Tadic to replace? ?

37 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

It would appear that Tadic is off to Ajax, Elyounoussi is off to Southampton to replace him. Will Ziyech be leaving Ajax for Tadic to replace? ?

Frustrating but sensible, we have far too many squad players to move on Slim, Ulloa, Musa, King, benny to name a few, I'm not even sure its about the cost of buy new players more than actual we need to keep the wage bill under control. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Tadic is Kluiverts replacement. 

Missing out on this chap is annoying, we're evidently going to need to replace Mahrez and we'll be paying a damn sight more than £16m for someone else who may not be as good as Elyounoussi. We've tracked him for years. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Missing out on this chap is annoying, we're evidently going to need to replace Mahrez and we'll be paying a damn sight more than £16m for someone else who may not be as good as Elyounoussi. We've tracked him for years. 

If we're that interested, and he's that much better than our alternatives, then it would make sense to offer £5m to Mahrez and get £75m back. We'd be better off and we'd have our 'best' replacement.

That or we've decided we want someone else and are certain of getting them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I simply don't believe that we would "miss out " on any player we were seriously interested in to the likes of Southampton 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I simply don't believe that we would "miss out " on any player we were seriously interested in to the likes of Southampton 

Southampton are just as attractive as a club, as us. They are also just as capable of putting together a decent financial deal 

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Southampton are just as attractive as a club, as us. They are also just as capable of putting together a decent financial deal 

Except that they're not . The owners have stated that they want rid - (their late father was the family member with an interest in football the daughters couldn't give a monkeys) . 

Theres no way by any any objective criteria that they are as attractive as LC

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

If we're that interested, and he's that much better than our alternatives, then it would make sense to offer £5m to Mahrez and get £75m back. We'd be better off and we'd have our 'best' replacement.

That or we've decided we want someone else and are certain of getting them.

Let's hope we get a move on, he seems ideal. He's a very strong and skillful player, he'll do well in the PL.

27 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Except that they're not . The owners have stated that they want rid - (their late father was the family member with an interest in football the daughters couldn't give a monkeys) . 

Ok there’s a challenge! Not sure what your criteria is for ‘objective criteria’, but I’ll have a go....

Hampshire is a nicer place to live than Leicester.

Hughes might be a more appealing manager to work under than Puel.

The player might view Southampton as a better place for his career progression than Leicester.

He and his representatives might just believe Southampton are a bigger club than us!

Ok - not a single objective criterion but let's not argue . Our owners are prepared to invest £100 mill in a training facility to take the club forward their owners want out . I think that if we felt the signing was important we trump them on the finance package to make the deal appealing . 

Its entirely possible that he wants to play for Hughes or enjoy strolling down the leafy lanes of Hampshire but I 'd be surprised if he could put an economic value on that 

45 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I'm a bit confused by this. Who are you referring to?