Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

24 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Danny Ings allowed to leave Liverpool. Yes he's the oldest looking 25 year old in the world, yes he's made of wafers, but would anybody have him?

Probably an area we're well stocked in, in fairness.

I think we need a different type of striker to him. I rate him and think he could do well somewhere but I think with Vardy likely to start every game and Iheanacho showing real signs of improvement, then it wouldn't make much sense. 

I think we do need another striker, but someone with different qualities, such as physicality, hold up play and an aerial threat. 

Wonder if Burnley might be back in for him. Would be a decent move for both I reckon. 

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think we need a different type of striker to him. I rate him and think he could do well somewhere but I think with Vardy likely to start every game and Iheanacho showing real signs of improvement, then it wouldn't make much sense. 

I think we do need another striker, but someone with different qualities, such as physicality, hold up play and an aerial threat. 

Wonder if Burnley might be back in for him. Would be a decent move for both I reckon. 

Someone like that Slimani fella?

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mikey54 said:

Loftus-Cheek on a season long loan - particularly if Iborra leaves

Personally don't want Iborra to leave and even if he does, though I do like Loftus-Cheek, I definitely wouldn't want him just on a loan. We're above developing bigger clubs players now IMO.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Ings & Dyche NOT exactly on the best of terms over the way Ings ran down his contract in 2014/15.

Liverpool wanted him in January but Burnley were fighting relegation and the player sulked for the rest of the season after being denied his "dream" move for the sake of 5 months. Even worse, Ings "bottled/declined" taking the match-defining penalty in the crucial Burnley v Leicester relegation clash in April 2015. Consummate pro Matty Taylor volunteered, slipped and hit the post with you lot racing up the pitch with Vardy scoring the winner.

Ings did good things on and off the field at Burnley but his behaviour between Jan 2015-May 2015 left a lot to be desired.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Feck knows who we are getting if Mahrez leaves, with Elyounoussi all but gone to Southampton

You want a wishlist? IF Mahrez leaves (and this transfer saga's been going on for god knows how long), then how about one or two out of these...

Thorgan Hazard

Rashford (on the left)

El Shaarawy

Lozano

Layun

Julian Draxler/Di Maria (PSG need to sell a few of their players before being able to sign new ones)

Trezeguet

Pablo Sarabia

Quincy Promes (well, Russian Premier League, but still...)

Karim Bellarabi

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You want a wishlist? IF Mahrez leaves (and this transfer saga's been going on for god knows how long), then how about one or two out of these...

Thorgan Hazard

Rashford (on the left)

El Shaarawy

Lozano

Layun

Julian Draxler/Di Maria (PSG need to sell a few of their players before being able to sign new ones)

Trezeguet

Pablo Sarabia

Quincy Promes (well, Russian Premier League, but still...)

Karim Bellarabi

Lozano would suit us most I feel or rashford, the latter perhaps unrealistic on a permanent.

But saying that we definitely need someone who will hit the ground running, not a prospect, Jabanksh (sp) from the Dutch league would be a suited target and all.

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Lozano would suit us most I feel or rashford, the latter perhaps unrealistic on a permanent.

But saying that we definitely need someone who will hit the ground running, not a prospect, Jabanksh (sp) from the Dutch league would be a suited target and all.

Lozano will get picked up by a bigger team than us.

Bellarabi is a great shout as well as Quincy Promes.

Egypt's Trezequet may be ok but he didn't impress me at the World Cup.

I know it won't happen but would love us to go all out and get Rashford.  Would be amazing if we became known as a team where the best and brightest young talent can come and shine.  I think our future is bright if we keep everyone (apart form Mahrez obviously) and add a few more young hopefuls.  X

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I know it won't happen but would love us to go all out and get Rashford.  Would be amazing if we became known as a team where the best and brightest young talent can come and shine.  I think our future is bright if we keep everyone (apart form Mahrez obviously) and add a few more young hopefuls.  X

Absolutely. I’ve been laughed at for a while on here for saying we should enquire.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2018 at 17:35, mikey54 said:

Loftus-Cheek on a season long loan - particularly if Iborra leaves

Id Chuck a cheeky bid in for him. We should tell chelsea they can have Mahrez for £25m and loftus cheek. That would potentially value Loftus at £50m but we'd solve the mahrez problem and also stick 2 fingers up to city as well as bringing in a top young English player. Doubt chelsea would sell though unfortunately. Im not sure a loan would be good unless we add in an option to buy.