Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

I'm very happy with our business so far. If the season started tomorrow we'd have improved all of the weak areas in our squad and I'd be excited to see how we'd do. I don't think we need any more players as it stands.

The elephant in the room is Riyad Mahrez who is most likely going to leave, although there's been nothing official from the club or John Percy on the subject so it's possible he won't depart. Of course if he does, his replacement may well define our season so that would be the most important piece of business we need to do. If that were to happen I'd personally prefer we went for a big money marquee signing to replace him as I think we need "proven" instead of "potential" for such an important player.

Other than that, getting rid of players that aren't going to be in the squad either on loan or as permanents is where I see the majority of our activity taking place between now and the window closing. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm very happy with our business so far. If the season started tomorrow we'd have improved all of the weak areas in our squad and I'd be excited to see how we'd do. I don't think we need any more players as it stands.

The elephant in the room is Riyad Mahrez who is most likely going to leave, although there's been nothing official from the club or John Percy on the subject so it's possible he won't depart. Of course if he does, his replacement may well define our season so that would be the most important piece of business we need to do. If that were to happen I'd personally prefer we went for a big money marquee signing to replace him as I think we need "proven" instead of "potential" for such an important player.

Other than that, getting rid of players that aren't going to be in the squad either on loan or as permanents is where I see the majority of our activity taking place between now and the window closing. 

i agree the replacement needs to be someone capable and proven and can reach 10 goals and 10 assists and similar stats that Mahrez delivered.

People think we should give the 'potentials 'Gray/Diabate the chance but i think that is a huge gamble. Spend the money and we could break the top 6. We could have an incredible 11 if we play the Mahrez transfer right.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, les-tah said:

i agree the replacement needs to be someone capable and proven and can reach 10 goals and 10 assists and similar stats that Mahrez delivered.

People think we should give the 'potentials 'Gray/Diabate the chance but i think that is a huge gamble. Spend the money and we could break the top 6. We could have an incredible 11 if we play the Mahrez transfer right.

The only way we get someone to replace Mahrez's 10 goals, 10 assists a season is by buying "potential".

I'm happy to have half the team as potential or unproven. It's the only way we can progress from a 7th-10th team and we have the foundation with a good solid team now. If we buy "capable and proven" we end up spending £25m on the likes of Andros Townsend and tread water.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

well after watching the Portugal game the 1st player i would bring is WILLIAM CARVEHLLO ( not sure i got the spelling right) he is a beast on the ball and has a great passing game , also has a great engine he is just what we need.

Replacing the creativity & flair of Mahrez will be vital. Many names have been linked as his replacement but none are proven Premierleague players which is always a risk as there’s a chance they might not settle etc & even if they do it could take time.

Id love to see us show real intent and go all out for Zaha whatever the cost

• Like 3

On 29/06/2018 at 11:31, Gerard said:

The only way we get someone to replace Mahrez's 10 goals, 10 assists a season is by buying "potential".

I'm happy to have half the team as potential or unproven. It's the only way we can progress from a 7th-10th team and we have the foundation with a good solid team now. If we buy "capable and proven" we end up spending £25m on the likes of Andros Townsend and tread water.

£20m is the new £5m, inflation in transfer fees means the prices don't reflect the true value of players any longer.

Or would you say James Maddison is worth £20m - or Riyad Mahrez £75m?

Prices have all become skewed and are headed for ridiculous, then out-of-this-world.

Besides, we out of all teams should know that just because some players didn't work at other clubs doesn't mean they won't work at LCFC.

There's enough examples going back in recent years and decades.

• Like 1

Anyone fancy us going in for Sofiane Boufal from Southampton?

just been unexpectedly left out of their Pre-season tour by Mark Hughes, signed for Southampton under Puel, right age range (24 I believe), not a prolific scorer by any means, but could be another good attacking option if (when) Mahrez leaves?

Possibly big wages, but realistic transfer fee of £12-18m?

6 minutes ago, City1884 said:

just been unexpectedly left out of their Pre-season tour by Mark Hughes, signed for Southampton under Puel, right age range (24 I believe), not a prolific scorer by any means, but could be another good attacking option if (when) Mahrez leaves?

Saints fans hate him & he was left out of their squad towards the back end of last season. Attitude problems + lack of consistency makes me think we should swerve. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bpfox said:

well after watching the Portugal game the 1st player i would bring is WILLIAM CARVEHLLO ( not sure i got the spelling right) he is a beast on the ball and has a great passing game , also has a great engine he is just what we need.

Can get him on a free

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Saints fans hate him & he was left out of their squad towards the back end of last season. Attitude problems + lack of consistency makes me think we should swerve. 

Wasn’t aware of the attitude problems, still wouldn’t necessarily count it out though.

May be more of a risk though if that was the case.

Can’t believe i’m Saying this, but may be someone that has a good relationship with Puel, and he could manage him better than Hughes did.

28 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Hope not. He’s a shit Version of Mahrez. Mahrez lite.

Wishlist at the moment :

- Hirving Lozano
As a "Mahrez replacement". He would play on the left (and Diabaté or another recruit on the right)

- Aaron Mooy
Because Iborra might leave and I have my doubts about Adrien being ableto adapt to Premier League physicality

- Jérôme Roussillon
Because he's cheap, he's good and I don't really trust Chilwell for now

Edited by yks
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, City1884 said:

Would fill the 5 star skiller void for FIFA 19 after Mahrez leaves so gerrimin! 

On 01/07/2018 at 13:39, yks said:

Wishlist at the moment :

- Hirving Lozano
As a "Mahrez replacement". He would play on the left (and Diabaté or another recruit on the right)

- Aaron Mooy
Because Iborra might leave and I have my doubts about Adrien being ableto adapt to Premier League physicality

- Jérôme Roussillon

All 3 would be superb.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2018 at 10:26, City1884 said:

Was a Puel signing too according to SSN so he may want another look. Haven’t really seen that much of him to judge, Doesn’t he play mostly down the left? 

Wishlist at the moment :

- Hirving Lozano

- Aaron Mooy

- Jérôme Roussillon

I must admit Lozano has looked great.  I do not know a huge amount about him other than this World Cup but he looks a talent.  Is he someone who is "realistic" and is he generally as good as he has looked for Mexico at club level?  X

Wishlist at the moment :

- Hirving Lozano

Was highly rated before the world cup and did nothing to ruin his reputation in Russia. I think his decision making is a bit weak (which could also be levelled at Mahrez), but good technique, control and his pace would fit into our team very well. Definitely an exciting player, though I suspect someone will end up paying over the odds for a player that isn't yet the finished article.

I think he will continue to be a very good player, but ultimately see him in La Liga instead of the Premier League.

Different sort of player to Mahrez though. Mahrez is an unusual combination of winger / goal scorer / chief creator. In losing Riyad the fear is that our creativity goes out of the window and we can't score goals at all. Maddison has clearly been signed to help us in that department, but I personally don't expect a young English player in his first Premier League season to be the finished article. Riyad's replacement for me has to be creative and not just an out and out winger.