Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

25 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I must admit Lozano has looked great.  I do not know a huge amount about him other than this World Cup but he looks a talent.  Is he someone who is "realistic" and is he generally as good as he has looked for Mexico at club level?  X

I never saw him play before this WC but I heard a lot about him and his stats in Eredivisie for his first season are quite impressive : 19 goals & 11 assists in 34 games

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Was highly rated before the world cup and did nothing to ruin his reputation in Russia. I think his decision making is a bit weak (which could also be levelled at Mahrez), but good technique, control and his pace would fit into our team very well. Definitely an exciting player, though I suspect someone will end up paying over the odds for a player that isn't yet the finished article.

I think he will continue to be a very good player, but ultimately see him in La Liga instead of the Premier League.

Different sort of player to Mahrez though. Mahrez is an unusual combination of winger / goal scorer / chief creator. In losing Riyad the fear is that our creativity goes out of the window and we can't score goals at all. Maddison has clearly been signed to help us in that department, but I personally don't expect a young English player in his first Premier League season to be the finished article. Riyad's replacement for me has to be creative and not just an out and out winger.

Yeah, his decision making is weak but he's only 22 and that could improve a lot with a coach who had a lot of success developping young players into stars...
I think he could sign for a club of a similar standing of LCFC because he is playing in Eredivisie and after fiascos like Klaasen and Janssen, big clubs could have their doubts about signing him if he's not established in the same competition.

I hope Maddison is the replacement for Mahrez's creativity and I would like to see at least one winger whose first motivation is to score. With Lozano's qualities and Maddison passing ability it could be fantastic
I also have a lot of hope in Diabaté about the creativity aspect.

• Like 2

My wish list:

Yerry Mina (£20m) - If we are to play a 3 at the back, I honestly believe Mina would be the missing piece to the 3 with his power & pace. Maguire is your heavyweight at the back, Evans is the brains & Mina has the speed & power. Plus there all great defenders.

Hirving Lozano (£35m) - For me the best realistic replacement out there for Mahrez. Yes he’s been linked with the big boys, but we could offer him guaranteed football week in week out as a top 10  club.

Abdülkadir Ömür (£15m) - This kid whether he’s a winger or a box to box midfielder has a serious amount of talent. I know the fee being spoken about seems a lot. But IF & I know it’s a big if, he can live up to his potential then he would be worth at least double what we paid for him. 

To sell:

Benaloune 

Elder 

King 

Mendy 

Mahrez 

Musa 

Kaputska 

Slimani 

Ulloa 

9 need to go imo. Awful amount of deadwood that we need to get rid of. Getting rid of these 9 would reduce the wage bill significantly. I would imagine the wage bill would be reduced by around £300k a week & you should bring in around £100m.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

27 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

My wish list:

Yerry Mina (£20m) - If we are to play a 3 at the back, I honestly believe Mina would be the missing piece to the 3 with his power & pace. Maguire is your heavyweight at the back, Evans is the brains & Mina has the speed & power. Plus there all great defenders.

Hirving Lozano (£35m) - For me the best realistic replacement out there for Mahrez. Yes he’s been linked with the big boys, but we could offer him guaranteed football week in week out as a top 10  club.

Abdülkadir Ömür (£15m) - This kid whether he’s a winger or a box to box midfielder has a serious amount of talent. I know the fee being spoken about seems a lot. But IF & I know it’s a big if, he can live up to his potential then he would be worth at least double what we paid for him. 

To sell:

Benaloune 

Elder 

King 

Mendy 

Mahrez 

Musa 

Kaputska 

Slimani 

Ulloa 

9 need to go imo. Awful amount of deadwood that we need to get rid of. Getting rid of these 9 would reduce the wage bill significantly. I would imagine the wage bill would be reduced by around £300k a week & you should bring in around £100m.

I thought mina was class last night. Barca looking to off load him seems strange. 

48 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I thought mina was class last night. Barca looking to off load him seems strange. 

I don’t think he’s got the Barca level to play the ball on the deck. I’m not saying he can’t because imo he’s quite good bringing it out from defence. But obviously our good is probably barca’s average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I think we were linked with him once. I remember because I think we agreed that we’d more likely end up with his brother Morris.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Non EU player limits in Spanish squads. 

Coutinho is applying for a Portuguese visa which he's likely to get in January. Currently, that means they can't register Arthur until then. 

With Iniesta leaving, they are reported to be very keen on getting Arthur straight in to the squad ASAP which means registering him anyway. 

With Paulinho guaranteed one of the three places it likely forces Mina out. 

One option is a 12 month or possibly even 6 month loan but its understood they're unimpressed with the few games he's played for them so far anyway and so they may be looking for a marquee defender to bring in who already has EU status. 

It remains to be seen if his performances in the wc change their view. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Nacer Chadli would slot in well. Versatile, good with both feet and I doubt he’ll want to drop into the championship. I think we were linked before? He was out injured last season for a while but made the Belgian Squad

• Like 1

Reading a LOT about how Arsenal are point blank refusing Max Meyer because of his £76k a week wage demands....

.... I'd pop in and let him know that we'd give him what he wants. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 1

On 04/07/2018 at 10:28, Bluearmyfox28 said:

My wish list:

To sell:

Benaloune 

Elder 

King 

Mendy 

Mahrez 

Musa 

Kaputska 

Slimani 

Ulloa 

9 need to go imo. Awful amount of deadwood that we need to get rid of. Getting rid of these 9 would reduce the wage bill significantly. I would imagine the wage bill would be reduced by around £300k a week & you should bring in around £35m.

Fixed it.....

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:15, mikey54 said:

Nacer Chadli would slot in well. Versatile, good with both feet and I doubt he’ll want to drop into the championship. I think we were linked before? He was out injured last season for a while but made the Belgian Squad

Wouldn't want to join us then

On 04/07/2018 at 16:15, mikey54 said:

That would be a good acquisition if he's over his injury

21 hours ago, daverollo said:

How much you expect for Mahrez?

21 hours ago, norwichfox said:

He's staying....

To be honest, I didn't read your post properly and I didn't notice Mahrez was on your list oops..."he's staying" was an attempt to get away with it.....:blush:

12 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

To be honest, I didn't read your post properly and I didn't notice Mahrez was on your list oops..."he's staying" was an attempt to get away with it.....:blush:

We all knew that lol

34 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11095/11431350/west-ham-willing-to-consider-michail-antonio-offers

Sky Sports reporting that West Ham might consider letting Michail Antonio go.

If fully recovered from injury he might be worth making enquiries.

No thanks. He's  always injured, on over £100k p/w and the story about him being fined & left out of a West Ham squad for being late to a squad meeting doesn't paint him in the best image.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

On 04/07/2018 at 13:22, Finnegan said:

Non EU player limits in Spanish squads. 

Coutinho is applying for a Portuguese visa which he's likely to get in January. Currently, that means they can't register Arthur until then. 

With Iniesta leaving, they are reported to be very keen on getting Arthur straight in to the squad ASAP which means registering him anyway. 

With Paulinho guaranteed one of the three places it likely forces Mina out. 

One option is a 12 month or possibly even 6 month loan but its understood they're unimpressed with the few games he's played for them so far anyway and so they may be looking for a marquee defender to bring in who already has EU status. 

It remains to be seen if his performances in the wc change their view. 

Looks like it might have. They let Paulinho leave in the end! 

• Like 1