Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Ridiculous that a bunch of no marks like Everton are probably finishing 7th

They do the same thing every season. Decent start, grim middle and an upturn in results towards the end which drives them out of 10-14th and up into European contention.

It's a weird Club though - historically successful with very expectant fans and alot of investment into the squad, they haven't really competed for anything since Moyes. A performance here and there against the big boys, the occasional bright youngster and a few Brazilians aside they're just fodder in the League, typically uninspiring and unpredictable game by game yet consistently average.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

You didn’t fair enough, but you were replying to my post. 

I just think they’re losing one or two certain people away from becoming a lesser side. Whether they’ll reinvest any incoming funds remains to be seen. 

They’re a decent side, with a good selling point (London/Stadium/potential CL). It could go either way I guess.

Apologies if my post came across defensive. 

Absolutely no problem, it is a forum for people to express their opinions and its great that people have such varied ones??

Most top sides are 1or 2 players off being capable of the next step up and 1 or 2 players leaving could make them very ordinary. 

Take Hazard and Kante out of Chelsea and they would be very average, for example. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

They do the same thing every season. Decent start, grim middle and an upturn in results towards the end which drives them out of 10-14th and up into European contention.

It's a weird Club though - historically successful with very expectant fans and alot of investment into the squad, they haven't really competed for anything since Moyes. A performance here and there against the big boys, the occasional bright youngster and a few Brazilians aside they're just fodder in the League, typically uninspiring and unpredictable game by game yet consistently average.

They were a strong side under Moyes but never REALLY looked a threat in their UEFA cup campaigns or in trying to get into the Champions League. Surprising given the calibre of players they had

Why do Wolves have such low possession against rubbish teams? I'm intrigued to see how they cope next season. They night have the same syndrome we had in 16/17.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Why do Wolves have such low possession against rubbish teams? I'm intrigued to see how they cope next season. They night have the same syndrome we had in 16/17.

If they don’t make changes to their tactics and personnel then they will not get fifty points next season 

Come on Newcastle. Beat the scousers so that our victory over Mancs keeps everything from being sorted.

We are now the only team that still has a mathematical chance of overhauling Wolves. Replicate our results in the reverse fixtures in our remaining two games, job done - assuming Liverpool beat Wolves to claim the title, that is. Odds anyone?

3 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

We are now the only team that still has a mathematical chance of overhauling Wolves. Replicate our results in the reverse fixtures in our remaining two games, job done - assuming Liverpool beat Wolves to claim the title, that is. Odds anyone?

5000-1

We can also finish 11th behind Wham and everton cloggers

Just now, H.a.r.r.y said:

That’s wolves in a relegation battle next season, second season syndrome and europa - glad we didn’t get it, our squad isn’t good enough yet

They aren't in Europe yet.

13 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

That’s wolves in a relegation battle next season, second season syndrome and europa - glad we didn’t get it, our squad isn’t good enough yet

I hope you're right but I can't see it happening.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Warnock must be thinking he's due a goal then.

Well it's either him or 1 goal Zohore or 0 goal Niasse!

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s not, we get 5 cl places do we not and one of the Europa places disappears.

the only way a team in fourth can miss out now is if a English club wins the cl and finishes outside the top 4, not sure if an English team needs to win Europa as well but I don’t think that’s the case.

have just looked it up and it is both Europa and CL so it’s impossible for them to finish 4th and not qualify.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

you are correct sir, my mistake ?