Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

They are mid table as the teams below them are very poor. Doesnt really mean anything. There is a gap from top 2 to the rest of the top 6, a smaller gap between the rest of the top 6 and the likes of us, Everton and wolves and then the bottom 8 are just championship fodder. There is a huge gap in quality between the middle 4 or 5 and the rest. And them beating us 4-1 means **** all. We beat Man City but they are still miles better than we are. 

I guess them beating Man City and Arsenal away from home meant fvck all too did it?

Did some Palace fans tie you to a lamppost or something?

• Haha 1

I reckon Newcastle’s defenders have got a bet on Liverpool winning the league and their attackers have Man City.

p.s. Carragher shut up, not everything Liverpool do has to be described as world class or best in the Premier League 

Edited by Mehrez

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I guess them beating Man City and Arsenal away from home meant fvck all too did it?

Did some Palace fans tie you to a lamppost or something?

No i just dont think they are a good side at all. After Burnley and the 3 relegated sides, they are one of the worst teams in the league. They do counter attack well, I'll give them that, but they do get absolutely pounded most games. Even Cardiff should have had 5 or 6 today if they had a decent striker 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

No i just dont think they are a good side at all. After Burnley and the 3 relegated sides, they are one of the worst teams in the league. They do counter attack well, I'll give them that, but they do get absolutely pounded most games. Even Cardiff should have had 5 or 6 today if they had a decent striker 

I wouldnt be surprised if they are in right trouble next year when Zaha leaves. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I wouldnt be surprised if they are in right trouble next year when Zaha leaves. 

Or when Roy retires. Fair play to Roy, he knows how to dig a result out but lets be honest, other than zaha and wan bisaka, i wouldnt want any of their players anywhere near Leicester. And i wouldnt have wan bisaka over Ricky P so its just zaha really. They have some good championship players. 

• Like 1

I just remember how organised defensively they were down here a few weeks ago when they really needed the points. Tonight they are all over the place. 

• Thanks 1

Had someone pulled another player back 40 yards from goal but they go on to score anyway he'd have been booked afterwards. This is a straight red offence but advantage was played and a goal scored, so why should that mean we just pretend it never happened?

Just now, Walkers said:

Had someone pulled another player back 40 yards from goal but they go on to score anyway he'd have been booked afterwards. This is a straight red offence but advantage was played and a goal scored, so why should that mean we just pretend it never happened?

I've often thought it might be a good idea to allow the attacking team the choice to decide whether they want the goal, or whether they want the penalty and the red card for the defender.

2 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I'd love Rondon here. Could of had him and kept some change all from the Slimani funds.

Could still go in for him. He's only on loan at Newcastle. 

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Would have been decent for us at the start of the season, loan Rondon from WBA and loan them Nacho in return.

He'd have more game time, hopefully give him some confidence and help him improve his game and we get a quality striker!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Problem as ever is, why would he turn down a potential permanent signing to Newcastle and start every week as their number 9 to be back up to Vardy. 

• Like 1