Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Felliani

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

I thought about the possibility of him moving on when Mourinho took over - didn't strike me as the kind of player the Portugese would see as his kind of player. He's a bit of a cross between Okazaki and Slimani - as such more than one-dimensional. He is certainly aggressive. But would his salary expectations be a hurdle too high. The other Yanited player I'd love to see at City would be Mata.

Underrated in my opinion…. A classy player

Alas…. It’s a pipe dream (as much as I’d love to see it happen)

2 hours ago, Gerbold said:

I thought about the possibility of him moving on when Mourinho took over - didn't strike me as the kind of player the Portugese would see as his kind of player. He's a bit of a cross between Okazaki and Slimani - as such more than one-dimensional. He is certainly aggressive. But would his salary expectations be a hurdle too high. The other Yanited player I'd love to see at City would be Mata.

Probably right about the salary.

Would rather we buy young players with promise than a big old expensive bastard like Fellaini

Mata is great, shame i dont think we can get these kinds of players from teams like Man U at the moment

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Never been a fan of his. On his day, he can be almost unplayable, but how many of those days does he have now? He always looks slow and clumsy and I have no idea why Mourinho sticks with him for a team the size and ambitions of Man U...

BUT... he is better than we currently have in the number 10 role, and I do see the benefits of him being able to hold the ball up and being a huge threat in the box for us, so i definitely see the sense in a signing like this. 

Would come down to the cost and his genuine motivation to play for us, which I have a few doubts about. I think he may just be trying to force through a big contract at Man U and making them sweat, but if not, then i'd take him. Even at his age and a 3 year contract, he will always be a decent threat just due to his size and style. 

The season that he played in behind Tim Cahill for Everton was excellent. Won loads of flick ons, was ultra aggressive and chipped in with quite a few goals. I think the biggest issue is that for whatever reason, managers have turned the ideal target man into a holding midfielder. His ability on the ball quite clearly lower than a lot of midfielders that he plays next to/against. I do think he'd be a great foil for Vardy though and would make an absolutely horrendous strike force for other teams to face. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

is probably staying at yanited according to jose

Not surprised in the slightest. The amount of top players happy to play bit part roles at big clubs rather than regular game time at a top 10 kind of team, is always high!

At least clubs can now begin to offer much better wages to these types of players, but even with that, I don't think this trend will change anytime soon.

Fellaini and his agent were just playing for new and improved contract no doubt.

8 minutes ago, KJT said:

Just watching Brighton match and this guy is awful, passing terrible, giving to Brighton. Just been Subbed

And earning at least £100k p/w...

I like him, strong, good in the air, aggressive and far better with his feet than is given credit for. 

For a free I'd take him but only on the basis that it's a 1 season deal and 60k per week max.

Edited by cityfanlee23