Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcrinaldi

Sporting Podcasts

I just recently got into listening to podcasts on the commute to work, wondered if anyone had any decent sports ones?

I've been obsessed with Athletico Mince, as it's hilarious. But I've listened to them all now, so need another to binge.

I've also been listening to No such thing as a fish, Adam Buxton and The Bugle. Not sporting ones, but they are quite funny.

Guest MattP

Totally Football Show and Golazzo are brilliant - the former for all fans and the second is an absolute must for anyone who enjoyed the old Italian football days.

The Game and The Guardian football podcasts are decent as well providing they don't have a token woman on talking complete bollocks (excluding the Italian or Brazilian girls they have on who know more than the blokes).

As above, particularly Golazzo and TFS.

Fighting Talk is worth a listen from time to time if there are decent panellists on, depends on your opinion on Colin Murray as to whether you'll like it or not though as it's very orientated around him. Same goes for Colin Murray's one about sporting stories that I cannot remember the name of, found out from that about our interest in Stuart Pearce prior to him signing for Forest. 

Echoing many others

Totally Football Show

Golazzo

Football Weekly

On the Continent

Fighting Talk

Parts Unknown (wrestling podcast, made by the Totally Football Show producers)

But the winner, by a mile is:

Quickly Kevin, Will He Score? The 90's Football Podcast. Co-hosted by Josh Widdicombe. Find it. Listen to it. Enjoy it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, David Guiza said:

As above, particularly Golazzo and TFS.

Fighting Talk is worth a listen from time to time if there are decent panellists on, depends on your opinion on Colin Murray as to whether you'll like it or not though as it's very orientated around him. Same goes for Colin Murray's one about sporting stories that I cannot remember the name of, found out from that about our interest in Stuart Pearce prior to him signing for Forest. 

At Home with Colin Murray. Depends on the guest, but usually it's pretty good.

• Like 2

In addition to Quickly Kevin, Totally Football and Gollazzo. 

I recommend Set Pieces Menu. This features four ‘journalists’ related to football working in different area and they are all friends. Rather than discuss what happened in the previous week, this is more about topics. Such as ‘Media Bias’ or ‘Why do people support a small club’

• 2 years later...
On 28/04/2018 at 06:36, Footballwipe said:

But the winner, by a mile is:

Quickly Kevin, Will He Score? The 90's Football Podcast. Co-hosted by Josh Widdicombe. Find it. Listen to it. Enjoy it.

This has got seriously shit IMO recently. 

Totally has gone off the boil as they increasingly concentrate on the Big Six 

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This has got seriously shit IMO recently. 

Totally has gone off the boil as they increasingly concentrate on the Big Six 

Agree. I think it's a mix of them focusing so much on their premium members (£9.99 per month ffs!) And the fact they seem to be relying on PR induced interviews now.

Originally they found quality 90s players, but the season just gone you had people like Jamie Carragher, who was only doing it to promote his book? Think Mike Ingham might have been the best interview of the season.

Otherwise, between that and the fan club, it's gone way downhill. I get that they need to make money, and the fanclub is a good way to do so, but it shouldn't be at the detriment of the main show.

On 27/04/2018 at 16:22, Guest MattP said:

Totally Football Show and Golazzo are brilliant - the former for all fans and the second is an absolute must for anyone who enjoyed the old Italian football days.

The Game and The Guardian football podcasts are decent as well providing they don't have a token woman on talking complete bollocks (excluding the Italian or Brazilian girls they have on who know more than the blokes).

Whatever happened to MattP btw?

On 12/01/2021 at 12:31, Cardiff_Fox said:

Latest recommendation for me is Distant Pod. It’s a bit Wales centric, it’s two hours long and often it goes away from Sport but it’s basically like three blokes down the pub 

They do also have patreon but it doesn’t feel at detriment to the main show 

I've been really enjoying Distant Pod during lockdown, it certainly helps to fill the huge void of not going to the pub. I already loved Elis James' work but Mike Bubbins is something else.

Totally agree on Quickly Kevin too. Also remain disappointed at the zero Leicester mentions considering our trials and tribulations of the 90s. We're certainly more worthy of a mention than the likes of Swindon and Cov. Not that I'm bitter. 

• 1 year later...

Been getting infinitely more pleasure out of listening to football podcasts recently than I have actually watching football so thought this worth a bump. What has everyone been listening to? I'm a Football Cliches, Guardian Football Weekly, Football Ramble and Second Captains man myself.

10 minutes ago, Guest said:

Been getting infinitely more pleasure out of listening to football podcasts recently than I have actually watching football so thought this worth a bump. What has everyone been listening to? I'm a Football Cliches, Guardian Football Weekly, Football Ramble and Second Captains man myself.

The Terrace podcast, which they span off to do a Review from the Terrace series (not football related) they also got a show out of it on BBC Scotland (A View from the Terrace). Under the Cosh, which I pay for on Patreon, some very good episodes only available to private members and to be fair the free one's they put out are usually decent as well. Also, didn't think I'd enjoy it but some of Ben Foster's podcasts are actually very good. Open Goal which @SemperEadem has mentioned before is very good as well, even if you aren't a huge fan of Scottish football both this and Terrace are still good listens. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

On 19/10/2022 at 13:34, Stadt said:

I can't stand most football journals so find it difficult to listen to podcasts nowadays. They're so far removed from how football fans think.

I genuinely find more enjoyment in the comedy football pods like my new football club and Atletico mince 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just listened to “53 Minutes”

6-part semi-comedy podcast hosted by Dara Ó Briain and Josh Widdecombe about the myth / legend that is Ali Dia.

Nice easy 30 min episodes. Decent listen.