Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

I think it would be a big mistake for Vardy to move to a foreign club. Comparitively few English players have been successful abroad, and those that have have been the ones who have been willing to immerse themselves in the culture and learn the language.  I don’t see Vards as that type. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Atleti thing fits in style and that they need a striker who will play second fiddle to Costa. 

But they simply don’t have the money to spend on a player like Vardy

That’s all completely wrong. 

Ohh, Atléti’s got the money (especially if Griezmann goes) and a glistening new stadium that’s hosting next year’s Champions League final.

Griezmann certainly doesn’t  play second fiddle to Costa and Vardy wouldn’t. Simeone sets up his side with two strikers that have very different roles. 

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Can't see him leaving for Atletico unless he desperately doesn't fancy another slog next season under Puel. If a top English club shows interest then that's another thing.

Atléti ain’t a top European side?

19 minutes ago, The_77 said:

That’s all completely wrong. 

Ohh, Atléti’s got the money (especially if Griezmann goes) and a glistening new stadium that’s hosting next year’s Champions League final.

Griezmann certainly doesn’t  play second fiddle to Costa and Vardy wouldn’t. Simeone sets up his side with two strikers that have very different roles. 

And how are Atleti paying for that stadium? They are in a similar position to Arsenal when the Emirates was built.

The Chinese own 15% of the club and are in discussions to sell that. 52% of the club is still kept by the Spanish owners they have had for years. 

Vardy doesn’t play the Griezmann role, he plays the role Costa does. A leader of the line. 

When Atleti generally sign a player they want a resale value. 

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/atletico-madrid/1068/blog/post/3399793/atletico-madrid-left-short-after-sales-of-yannick-carrasco-and-nico-gaitan

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And how are Atleti paying for that stadium? They are in a similar position to Arsenal when the Emirates was built.

The Chinese own 15% of the club and are in discussions to sell that. 52% of the club is still kept by the Spanish owners they have had for years. 

Vardy doesn’t play the Griezmann role, he plays the role Costa does. A leader of the line. 

When Atleti generally sign a player they want a resale value. 

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/atletico-madrid/1068/blog/post/3399793/atletico-madrid-left-short-after-sales-of-yannick-carrasco-and-nico-gaitan

Didn’t know Wanda were trying to sell - presumably because the gill’s won’t become minority shareholders. Bit like the arsenal situation where usmanov is prevented from investing with something in return. 

However, simeone is made noises about leaving and they will be desperate to keep him happy.  of course, when vardy is supposedly renegotiating a contract we see stories like this and now Walsh has departed everton that easy link has gone. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Atleti thing fits in style and that they need a striker who will play second fiddle to Costa. 

But they simply don’t have the money to spend on a player like Vardy

What? They will have banked around a £100 million if the sell Griezmann.

The only reason I can't see this happening is due to Vardy's age as they like to develop and sell on.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What? They will have banked around a £100 million if the sell Griezmann.

The only reason I can't see this happening is due to Vardy's age as they like to develop and sell on.

Read that link I’ve just put on. Their finances aren’t the best and they are paying the stadium off. 

Didnt make the Champions League latter stages either leaving a huge hole in their budget 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

If the rumours in the papers are true and Athletico Madrid are genuinely interested in Vardy I believe he could go.  Athletico, having just won the Europa Cup are in Europe again next season, they are a bigger club than us and the Lure of Madrid for his Mrs Becky could be just too tempting.

Vardy is 31 years old, he owes us nothing because of the fact he has already turned down a move to Arsenal.  I dont want him to go,  because without him and Mahrez we may struggle to score goals.  

Vardy deserves to be playing at the highest level of football, a move to Athletico Madrid, may prove too tempting for him and his family at this point in his career.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Ian Rush: "I couldn't settle in Italy, it was like living in a foreign country."

I can see Vardy having similar challenges to Gazza :D

There were not many people he could talk to. “He had Italian lessons but they didn’t produce the results the club wanted. There was one incident when the Lazio president, Sergio Cragnotti, arrived at the training ground, surrounded by his hangers-on and Gazza went over and said, in Italian: “Your daughter has big tits”.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Read that link I’ve just put on. Their finances aren’t the best and they are paying the stadium off. 

Didnt make the Champions League latter stages either leaving a huge hole in their budget 

They are in the Champions League again next year, finished in 13th in the Deloitte money league and have one shareholder worth 30 billion, another worth 3 billion and thtas not counting Gil.

FFP will be the only issue which Man City, PSG all seem to find a way aroung.