Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

Southgate isn't an idiot so I'd hope he's not as easily swayed as basically everybody in the football media by Rashford's goal. I've seen people saying Rashford should start over Sterling even who contributed to about 30 goals this season. Rashford scored 7 lol

52 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

I'm inclined to agree. It's not looking as though he even features in Plan B. I think he might be the 'Plans gone tits up, last roll of the dice' option.

Oh he'll deffo get some game time then.

• Haha 2

He just doesn't seem to be involved in the matches as much as the other England strikers. He plays on the last man constantly, but the rapid counters of our style aren't replicated by England and he doesn't have Marhez to play him in.

That last friendly with Welbeck scoring seemed to push him down to at least 3rd place after Kane and Rashford for playing spots. Still hopeful he gets on and scores a couple, hopefully in the knockout rounds

52 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

He just doesn't seem to be involved in the matches as much as the other England strikers. He plays on the last man constantly, but the rapid counters of our style aren't replicated by England and he doesn't have Marhez to play him in.

That last friendly with Welbeck scoring seemed to push him down to at least 3rd place after Kane and Rashford for playing spots. Still hopeful he gets on and scores a couple, hopefully in the knockout rounds

Oh dear! Neither will we next season.

I just cannot fathom how lindgard and rashford are ahead of vardy. He has scored more than both of them in a poor team. Not had the service they get. Scored more for England than they have with hardly any service again . The mind boggles play him with Kane and send those balls in and they will score for fun dream team imo . ?

17 hours ago, dynamark said:

Sadly I doubt he will get more than a few minutes at the World Cup

Surely he'll feature against Belgium, given how successful he's been against Vertonghen/Alderweireld/Kompany before...

49 minutes ago, waylander said:

I just cannot fathom how lindgard and rashford are ahead of vardy. He has scored more than both of them in a poor team. Not had the service they get. Scored more for England than they have with hardly any service again . The mind boggles play him with Kane and send those balls in and they will score for fun dream team imo . ?

Seems Welbeck is also ahead of him.

17 hours ago, CarbonVirtine said:

I'm inclined to agree. It's not looking as though he even features in Plan B. I think he might be the 'Plans gone tits up, last roll of the dice' option.

That's when heroes are made, when we draw against Tunisia, and need a goal against Belgium to go through...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waylander said:

It's down to performance for England.

It's hard to argue that Lingaard and Rashford haven't been better for England recently.

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's down to performance for England.

It's hard to argue that Lingaard and Rashford haven't been better for England recently.

I feel like they are the kind of players that look more impressive when we play minnow teams, where there is room for stepovers-a-plenty

Vardy seems to score against the bigger teams

I hope against more tough opposition where we dont have the ball 90% of the time that Southgate will use Vardy more

• Like 3

Vardy makes the our other forwards look better...buzzing around the penalty box he always looks outnumbered by defenders but by doing so he is keeping those defenders occupied and creating more space for his colleagues..

also thought Rashford was playing for himself the last match ..a few times overdoing things when he could have tried playing Vardy in..looked like he was only out to impress Southgate , scored a great goal but a better goalie would have saved it 

13 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

Vardy makes the our other forwards look better...buzzing around the penalty box he always looks outnumbered by defenders but by doing so he is keeping those defenders occupied and creating more space for his colleagues..

also thought Rashford was playing for himself the last match ..a few times overdoing things when he could have tried playing Vardy in..looked like he was only out to impress Southgate , scored a great goal but a better goalie would have saved it 

If Rashford does that with Kane he'll get benched pronto.