Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

10 hours ago, Hawk17 said:

Absolutely ****ing love him.

Utterly ruthless in his finishing and fearless in his all round play, would die for the shirt.

Not English but when Australia's knocked out I'll be cheering England on because any time I get to see Vardy play I know I'll see someone playing a sport I love giving his heart and soul for his team and as a sports fan theres few greater sights.

He won't play though. 

Besides, we'll be out before you lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, surrifox said:

because england have to shoe horn a minimum of 3 spurs players into the side at any one time regardless of how shite or out of form they are 

Kane was injured and still managed to be the runner up for the golden boot.

So yes, Kane is miles ahead of Vardy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Kane was injured and still managed to be the runner up for the golden boot.

So yes, Kane is miles ahead of Vardy. 

Of course Kane is ahead based upon the greater no. of goals scored ; playing in a top 4 team with greater opportunities and possession  this would always be the case , however even Spurs fans concede that JV is a more deadly natural finisher as he demonstrated in the last game . Alli will get more playing time than JV and he is out of form and a walking card because of his poor temperament.

I'm actually surprised that harry M is likely to play rather than the woeful and dire Dier

36 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Of course Kane is ahead based upon the greater no. of goals scored ; playing in a top 4 team with greater opportunities and possession  this would always be the case , however even Spurs fans concede that JV is a more deadly natural finisher as he demonstrated in the last game . Alli will get more playing time than JV and he is out of form and a walking card because of his poor temperament.

I'm actually surprised that harry M is likely to play rather than the woeful and dire Dier

Well they don't. 

48 minutes ago, surrifox said:

But he has 30 goals. How come no other top 3 striker can match him? 

And it's not just this season, he's been constantly in the top1 for number of goals, without winning  even being in the league winning teams

Don't get me wrong, the choice for striker is between Kane and Vardy. I think Vardy will play but not as the main ST

Edited by Redouane

On 13/05/2018 at 22:55, peterborofox said:

Easily feel he should have been player of season for me 

He's had a superb season. And a lot of this season has been whilst being isolated in a team playing awful football. 

Superb finishes today

Who won players of the season ffs? 

And which of you twats didn’t vote for Vardy? 

?

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

9 minutes ago, Redouane said:

And it's not just this season, he's been constantly in the top1 for number of goals, without winning  even being in the league winning teams

Don't get me wrong, the choice for striker is between Kane and Vardy. I think Vardy will play but not as the main ST

Kane is a greedy ****er who will shoot from anywhere; a bloke who doesn’t have the team ethic that he should have.

Clearly he is very good, but his conversation rate is not as high as our Jamie’s. 

Alli never passed to Vardy is well known; Kane won’t either.

8 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I really hope we bring back the high-tempo press next season. 

No better sight than Vardy lining up like a sprinter at the starting blocks and going full-pelt towards the ball at an opposition kick off lol

My favourite bit is after the ball hits the net, he changes direction and bursts into a sprint towards the opposition fans just to wind them up. Wonderful sight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to seeing him at the World Cup as an unused substitute.

Just joking, hope he gets plenty of chances but I can't see Southgate picking him alongside Kane.

Edited by Tuna

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Just joking, hope he gets plenty of chances but I can't see Southgate picking him alongside Kane.

Vardy is best in a counter attacking team and England are unlikely to play that way, at least in the league stage.

1 hour ago, Redouane said:

I would play Vardy, not because I think his a better player than Kane, but because of he effectness on the break.

I think Vardy would be more suited for England for the one reason. England will have less possession against the elite teams and play a more counter attacking game, Vardy is use to ir and more suited to this than Kane.

The only way England can be successful for me in the competition is sit in and counter attack at pace. We aren't going to out football Spain, France, Brazil et al.

I would pick Kane against the lesser nation, were we will dominate possession.

But SG will pick Kane because in England we pick individuals over the team dynamic.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Vardy is best in a counter attacking team and England are unlikely to play that way, at least in the league stage.

He's not just a counter-attacking threat. Vards thrives on passes between the CBs. I dont think he won't start for England because they are not a counter-attacking team. They just don't have a playmaker who can complement Vards' strength.

If he starts all the games i think he would get at least 2 goals. Thing is, would they translate to wins seeing that most teams are moving forward with strikers who can drop deep and build the play.

If England had a N'didi type player and a playmaker like Silva or Riyad, they would easily play Vardy and Kane together. But hey, They have to accommodate the Spurs players:dry:

Edited by the fox

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

He's usually used as one of the 14 in a qualifier. 

The World Cup will probably be the same.

15 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

He won't play though. 

Besides, we'll be out before you lol

Hopefully Benny doesn't kill any of your boys lol

Not too sure about that though, all we have is Mooy and a 78 year old Tim Cahill. 

Can understand Kane playing first but is Vards really no chance of game time over there you reckon?

8 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Kane is a greedy ****er who will shoot from anywhere; a bloke who doesn’t have the team ethic that he should have.

Clearly he is very good, but his conversation rate is not as high as our Jamie’s. 

Alli never passed to Vardy is well known; Kane won’t either.

He gives his best but just cant string a sentence together. Solid point, only English speaking strikers in the national team! 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1