Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Deal with Adidas confirmed and home shirt revealed

7 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Agreed.

But most people have this illusion that the owners are generous in a completely selfless way. What they have given us over the last few years is incredible, but like any business it’s self-interest all the way.

That’s how it has to be I guess to be so succesful, but a free blue and white top hat on every seat at an away game, and occasional other freebies, shouldn’t fool anyone.

I think there’s a surprising disconnect currently between our retail millionaire owners and our shocking retail offering. It’s very surprising. I hope adidas and the investment in the shop will help with this.

I’d also say Adidas will have probably had a say in the “no reward discount” as unlike Puma they will try and make money out of our kit by selling it globally on their website and in their stores.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

White shorts equals more Evetonian.....personally would prefer to look more Chelseaish 

Yeah, first I thought white shorts would be great, bit now I,m thinking we would look exactly like Everton, and I don't want that. Maybe we should go for yellow or gold shorts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

lol Irrelevant! Whoever decided on blue and white probably really liked blue and white, so does that mean we should wear a colour that whoever picks it doesn't particularly like, instead?

We've had gold on the kit for five years, and another two from 1994 to 1996. We've had gold/orange on the badge for 73 years. It's been our third colour for most of the club's existence (I think this counts as history), so it's not like we're doing a Cardiff or anything by putting a bit more of it on the home shirt.

Besides, we've enjoyed probably our most successful spell with gold on the kit (I'd say this does count as history, as well), so maybe it is lucky for us.

And it looks good :ph34r:

I would’ve preferred gold Adidas stripes on the shoulders too tbh

• Like 1

lol Irrelevant! Whoever decided on blue and white probably really liked blue and white, so does that mean we should wear a colour that whoever picks it doesn't particularly like, instead?

We've had gold on the kit for five years, and another two from 1994 to 1996. We've had gold/orange on the badge for 73 years. It's been our third colour for most of the club's existence (I think this counts as history), so it's not like we're doing a Cardiff or anything by putting a bit more of it on the home shirt.

Besides, we've enjoyed probably our most successful spell with gold on the kit (I'd say this does count as history, as well), so maybe it is lucky for us.

It will be magic if we have Gold Shorts

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Small time. Only clubs that need to remind people they used to be decent do it. See Forest, Huddersfield, England. 

Disagree, it's a an achievement for the club and the fans and the new players should be reminded of what previous players achieved when wearing the shirt, LCFC needs to do everything it can to make itself appear as big as it can if not to try to retain players like Mahrez

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Small time. Only clubs that need to remind people they used to be decent do it. See Forest, Huddersfield, England. 

Image result for germany kit stars

Image result for brazil kit stars

image.jpeg.089f0e5cf15d3270cf1a523ca3c4c4dd.jpeg

Fair cop for clubs mind..

46 minutes ago, KJT said:

Yeah, first I thought white shorts would be great, bit now I,m thinking we would look exactly like Everton, and I don't want that. Maybe we should go for yellow or gold shorts.

Efc have white socks. If anything it's similar to Brum city in terms of colour scheme.

Regardless it's the training gear most will be hoping is decent. I certainly will. 

21 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Image result for germany kit stars

Image result for brazil kit stars

image.jpeg.089f0e5cf15d3270cf1a523ca3c4c4dd.jpeg

Fair cop for clubs mind..

The Brazil V-neck looks really cool, and the Italian V-neck is also good. Our V-neck on our shirt is a bit boring cos loads of clubs have that type of V-neck

17 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree with all the points you have made. But I still think it looks like ex-pats sandals and handbags living in Majorca and looking fvcking naff..

9 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I agree with all the points you have made. But I still think it looks like ex-pats sandals and handbags living in Majorca and looking fvcking naff..

Fair enough.

I'd agree with you and everyone who doesn't like the gold if the Thais had happened to be big fans of red or some other non-Leicester colour and put that on our home kit, so I can see why some people do get a bit of a mard on about it.

Fair enough.

I'd agree with you and everyone who doesn't like the gold if the Thais had happened to be big fans of red or some other non-Leicester colour and put that on our home kit, so I can see why some people do get a bit of a mard on about it.

Yep, just opinions which is what makes the forum go round.lol

On 17/05/2018 at 08:33, Jonezy said:

Nice and simple. But if it wasn't for the badge and the sponsor, you would think that you are looking at a Chelsea shirt.

Yeah the Leicester City badge kinda gives away the fact it’s a Leicester City shirt. The owners company on the front in massive writing also gives the game away. 

Without the badge or the sponsor sponsor it would just be a blue Adidas sports shirt. 

What would you suggest? Change our club colour from blue to pink incase our kit looks a little like another club who play in blue and have their shirts manufactured by Adidas. :frantics:

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Yeah the Leicester City badge kinda gives away the fact it’s a Leicester City shirt. The owners company on the front in massive writing also gives the game away. 

Without the badge or the sponsor sponsor it would just be a blue Adidas sports shirt. 

What would you suggest? Change our club colour from blue to pink incase our kit looks a little like another club who play in blue and have their shirts manufactured by Adidas. :frantics:

So you think, that it looks like a Chelsea shirt too... ;)

• Haha 1