Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Hegazi

13 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

But Jim from Syston sez he's sh1t?  X

He's obviously not sh1t but he's a downgrade on Dragovic or Evans. He'd be a decent signing for a Brighton or Burnley type team. No chance Tottenham will sign him. 

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

He's obviously not sh1t but he's a downgrade on Dragovic or Evans. He'd be a decent signing for a Brighton or Burnley type team. No chance Tottenham will sign him. 

I think the point is we would be looking at him as 3rd/4th choice surely and he will also cost next to nothing relatively.  I agree that I would be worried if he was our number one target and guaranteed starter but I don't think anyone has suggested that?  I can't think of many better back up CBs that we could realistically afford/attract who would be happy to be a squad member of a team outside the top 6?  Also, and more importantly, he's a big fvcking unit.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

• 3 weeks later...

£2.5m release clause.

He would be a good buy for us if we don't trust Morgan to be third choice. He's not a world beater but good value for money with PL experience and would get a fair amount of games for us. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

£2.5m release clause.

He would be a good buy for us if we don't trust Morgan to be third choice. He's not a world beater but good value for money with PL experience and would get a fair amount of games for us. 

I agree that value for money may be right, but getting a fair amount of games for us? Not so sure on that.

Ask Dragovic if he felt he got a fair amount of games for us? And that was only behind Maguire and Wes, now we have Evans aswell.

Even if we don’t “trust” Morgan like we used to, he’s still looking like being club captain, so would still be holding all the cards for third choice should Evans pick up injuries.

This is the problem we have in getting another CB to sign now, they must be thinking “I’ll hardly see any action behind those three”.

1 hour ago, City1884 said:

I agree that value for money may be right, but getting a fair amount of games for us? Not so sure on that.

Ask Dragovic if he felt he got a fair amount of games for us? And that was only behind Maguire and Wes, now we have Evans aswell.

Even if we don’t “trust” Morgan like we used to, he’s still looking like being club captain, so would still be holding all the cards for third choice should Evans pick up injuries.

This is the problem we have in getting another CB to sign now, they must be thinking “I’ll hardly see any action behind those three”.

Then let’s see if one of the youngsters can step up, so we have back-up should either of Maguire or Evans get injured or suspended.   We have Armartey who has not let us down.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

£2.5m release clause.

Literally no risk signing for that money. We need to keep developing the whole squad. In for me!

• Like 1

No brainer really. 

Prem experience. Good age. Decent WBA fan's review and dirt cheap!

I know people are saying we wouldn't be able to give him game time etc, but that is an issue we are going to have to learn to deal with if we want to make a step up and start pushing the top clubs. They manage to do it, and although we may struggle at times to keep the players e.g Draggo, I still think this route will be much better for us in the long-run. Having a player of  Dragovic's quality to call on last season was an absolute joy and if Evans or Maguire picks up an injury, having a player like Hengazi to fill in, would be fantastic. 

get him in!