Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Hegazi

Apologies if this has been mentioned already........

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/19/report-west-ham-and-leicester-city-battle-for-25m-ahmed-hegazi/

West Ham and Leicester City are both reportedly keen on signing West Bromwich Albion's Ahmed Hegazi, according to a report.

The Sun's Goals pullout (page 7 Saturday May 19) reports both West Ham and Leicester are both keen on the Egyptian defender.

Hegazi is available for just £2.5 million due to a relegation release clause in his contract.

Ahmed El-Sayed Hegazi of West Bromwich Albion is challenged by Roberto Firmino of Liverpool during the Premier League match between Liverpool and West Bromwich Albion at Anfield on...

This makes it very difficult for West Brom to hang onto the defender, who they signed just last summer.

Hegazi is in Egypt's squad for the World Cup and has a chance to bolster his reputation.

This also makes it smart for either West Ham or Leicester to try and get a deal done now, before more clubs enter the fray.

Hegazi is certainly worth a gamble for either West Ham or Leicester, who are both looking to replace centre-backs.

West Ham have let veteran James Collins go while Leicester are set to part ways with Robert Huth.

I know they went down, but this fella seemed like a reasonable player. Decent price that.

That said, I'd rather some of our youngsters like Sam Hughes or even Amartey had opportunities instead of signing more Benny style players that just sit on the bench as back-up. It seems like we don't want Dragovic, maybe because he is more expensive than some of the players we were linked with, but he proved that he plays well in our team. Be a shame to lose him.

I'd be on board with this at that price.

I think we're half a defender light assuming we get Evans. Outside of Maguire and Evans our centre halves would be Morgan, Benalouane and the academy players. What I mean by half a defender light is it's overkill to spend good money on another centre half but we're still a bit short. 

Ideally we need a defender to put pressure on Morgan as third choice. Benalouane isn't the answer and I've no idea how good the academy lads are. Amartey could be that man or Hegazi at £2.5m sounds good as well unless we were going to spend good money on a young rough diamond of a centre half.

if we sign one of Evans/Mawson/Hegazi, we deffo won't be signing the other 2. Whoever the other 2 are, they won't settle for being a bench player; they'd want to play regularly and every match probably.

We'll do well to sign any one of the 3. Most realistic is Evans. 

We're better off signing one of them to partner Maguire and having Morgan and maybe Sam Hughes as back-up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already........

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/19/report-west-ham-and-leicester-city-battle-for-25m-ahmed-hegazi/

West Ham and Leicester City are both reportedly keen on signing West Bromwich Albion's Ahmed Hegazi, according to a report.

The Sun's Goals pullout (page 7 Saturday May 19) reports both West Ham and Leicester are both keen on the Egyptian defender.

Hegazi is available for just £2.5 million due to a relegation release clause in his contract.

Ahmed El-Sayed Hegazi of West Bromwich Albion is challenged by Roberto Firmino of Liverpool during the Premier League match between Liverpool and West Bromwich Albion at Anfield on...

This makes it very difficult for West Brom to hang onto the defender, who they signed just last summer.

Hegazi is in Egypt's squad for the World Cup and has a chance to bolster his reputation.

This also makes it smart for either West Ham or Leicester to try and get a deal done now, before more clubs enter the fray.

Hegazi is certainly worth a gamble for either West Ham or Leicester, who are both looking to replace centre-backs.

West Ham have let veteran James Collins go while Leicester are set to part ways with Robert Huth.

Looks like a few agents out trying to earn their £4m pay days, touting their wares ?

9 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I’d take him as 4th choice - Mawson, Maguire, Morgan, Hegazi.

Morgan and Hegazi = Bomb scare

8 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He's really rubbish. 

Our scouting team could you use a man like you.  You have sussed this one out without the need to study hours of videotape.  He is garbage.

• Haha 1

Would be fine as a 3rd/4th choice in my opinion but not an immediate starter.  If he were happy to come as a squad player would not be be against it.  He's also 6'4" and has a nice face so it's win/win.  X