Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
richardsfoxes

Xherdan Shaqiri - Gone to Liverpool

5 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Lazy, bad attitude and irrespective of his unquestionable talent - drifts in and out of games. 

I very much doubt given the size of his overinflated ego, he'd consider a club like us. He thinks he's bigger than that. 

But he signed for Stoke?

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

But he signed for Stoke?

Yeah he did, in 2015 - and since then he's developed an attitude and sense of entitlement. Talk to any of their supporters. He announced he wanted to leave last summer after the departure of Arnautović.  Another ungrateful pampered prem primadonna consumed by their own hype. Don't want him here. 

Rarely scores an unspectacular goal and his strike against Switzerland in Euro 2016 was one of the goals of the tournament. Massive talent, massive attitude problem, questionable work rate. 

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Yeah he did, in 2015 - and since then he's developed an attitude and sense of entitlement. Talk to any of their supporters. He announced he wanted to leave last summer after the departure of Arnautović.  Another ungrateful pampered prem primadonna consumed by their own hype. Don't want him here. 

Rarely scores an unspectacular goal and his strike against Switzerland in Euro 2016 was one of the goals of the tournament. Massive talent, massive attitude problem, questionable work rate. 

He was obviously promised certain things in terms of where the club was going/aiming for. They spent all season with Crouch and Diouf as their best strikers, you can see why he'd be annoyed. 

Jack Butland also came out and slammed their recruitment over the past few years.

Shaqiri seemed like one of the only Stoke players who cared, when I've watched him he presses more than Riyad does/did. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

He was obviously promised certain things in terms of where the club was going/aiming for. They spent all season with Crouch and Diouf as their best strikers, you can see why he'd be annoyed. 

Jack Butland also came out and slammed their recruitment over the past few years. 

The recruitment last summer was hugely disappointing and yes, it's very possible that he was mislead in terms of the ambition of the club. 

Nonetheless, his application and commitment very quickly became as erratic as his form. A player that can drift in and out of games and seems to regard his talent as licence to either go missing or not match the effort of some of his team mates. Much like the criticism of Mahrez only without the level of ability. He can turn a game for sure with a few seconds of brilliance, but not as frequently as Riyad. Such an attitude can be corrosive and on occasions, contagious. We don't want him here.

The Liverpool suggestions are hilarious given the gegenpress. He is the very antithesis of Klopp-ball.

As I've said in a separate thread, I think  Shaqiri would be an excellent signing. He's a proven international player with successful PL experience. Even playing for a dreadful Stoke team last season, his stats are better than Townsend's and it seems he would cost much less, at least in terms of the transfer fee. 

Shaqiri - 8 goals, 7 assists, 16 big chances created, 2.1 key passes per game

Townsend - 2 goals, 7 assists, 15 big chances created, 1.9 key passes per game

Edited by Sunbury Fox

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

8 goals and 8 assists or whatever it is is a very good return in that Stoke side. He's better than any other of our wingers bar Riyad and would cost £12m. Id rather we signed Shaqiri for £12m and just received £65/70m cash for Riyad without Roberts. 

Talent-wise, it's a no-brainer.

I have my own doubts about Shaqiri's character and his influence on the changing room. He thinks he's better than his players around him and only works properly with the right coaching, aka none. Pep Guardiola wasn't a fan of his, and so wasn't Mancini at Inter. Strategic thinking and integrating himself into a team aren't Shaqiri's strengths.

And when he was given a chance at Stoke, he started to blame the club and his teammates for what is usually perceived as a collective failure, instead of keeping his head down and trying to figure out a solution to his club's woes.

More focus on the sport, a healthy dose of humility, less idiotic interviews and less attitude issues would do him the world of good.

I don't see Shaqiri as a player you'd want to build your team around and I bet he'd start giving others the big 'un again at Leicester, if given the occasion.

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Talent-wise, it's a no-brainer.

I have my own doubts about Shaqiri's character and his influence on the changing room. He thinks he's better than his players around him and only works properly with the right coaching, aka none. Pep Guardiola wasn't a fan of his, and so wasn't Mancini at Inter. Strategic thinking and integrating himself into a team aren't Shaqiri's strengths.

And when he was given a chance at Stoke, he started to blame the club and his teammates for what is usually perceived as a collective failure, instead of keeping his head down and trying to figure out a solution to his club's woes.

More focus on the sport, a healthy dose of humility, less idiotic interviews and less attitude issues would do him the world of good.

I don't see Shaqiri as a player you'd want to build your team around and I bet he'd start giving others the big 'un again at Leicester, if given the occasion.

You talk as if you know Shaqiri personally lol & I'm pretty sure we won't get anyone better. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

You talk as if you know Shaqiri personally lol & I'm pretty sure we won't get anyone better. 

If you've lived in Switzerland for the past ten years and followed football closely, you've become to know Shaqiri quite well - he's that much of a household name.

He's done a lot of interviews (usually for the one and only tabloid in the country), and he's also come under scrutiny for being a money-grabber led by his brother, and doing all sorts of commercials that don't shed a good light on him as a footballer or role model (promo for Coke, crisps, cheese, BBQ, etc.).

I'm pretty sure there's better out there and that we can do better. The only real argument in favour of Shaqiri is his release clause.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Did well to score against his own country :ph34r:

• Haha 3

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Puel is a stench believer in a team built from the back, and usually doesn't stand for breathtaking attacking football.

Won't happen, it'd be attacking overload.

In case Mahrez leaves, we'll need at least one experienced creative outlet in midfield apart from Silva, be it on the left or on the right.

That stinks.

Shaqiri revealed an anecdote: "One time I was injured and I needed to be ready for a game. They told me that there was a miraculous healer who lived in the mountains. I drove for half an hour in a car to have been manipulated by an old man, but he did not help me at all. This is also why Stoke City was the best choice: here there are seven physiotherapists, who will examine me everyday: hips, feet, legs. Everything in a professional manner"

do you have any mysterious healer in leicester?

cause this guy doesnt like one

Edited by tsintskaro

Great player, would love him here we need him. For all those commenting on his personal appearance I would love to see what you Stezzy cnuts look like!

Edited by somebum
  • Like 1

I said in another thread that we were linked with him and got mocked for it, and now look - we’ve officially been linked with him. I like the guy, I’ve met the guy and I really don’t want him to sign for us as you feckers will rip him apart as soon as he does something you don’t like. Run, Xherdan, run for the hills! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m interested in him re his set piece delivery. Once Riyad is gone im not sure we have reliable delivery from corners and free kicks - yes I know albrighton can put in a decent cross but I’m not sure he will be on the pitch regularly. This fella has quality from dead balls.

Edited by st albans fox

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m interested in him re his set piece delivery. Once Riyad I see gone im not sure we have reliable delivery from corners and free kicks - yes I know albrighton can put in a decent cross but I’m not sure he will be on the pitch regularly. This fella has quality from dead balls.

This would be a major plus for me. To be honest I don't think we could claim that either Marc or Riyad were reliable last season. Didn't we have something like 25 corners during the Newcastle match at home, but didn't force even one save from them?! This is a major major weakness in the current team. James Maddison will be great at this if we can get him in, but it would be advantageous to have a further option. 

• Like 2