Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
richardsfoxes

Xherdan Shaqiri - Gone to Liverpool

Just now, Robin JD Popley said:

Last season he was the difference in both games against us.

Deft touch and a bit of a nasty b------ to boot (in playing terms). A no brainer if we can get him in.

Yep - I think this too.

The likes of Vardy, Iborra, Silva and Evans will keep his ego in check and prevent any dressing room conflict.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

Shaqiri revealed an anecdote: "One time I was injured and I needed to be ready for a game. They told me that there was a miraculous healer who lived in the mountains. I drove for half an hour in a car to have been manipulated by an old man, but he did not help me at all. This is also why Stoke City was the best choice: here there are seven physiotherapists, who will examine me everyday: hips, feet, legs. Everything in a professional manner"

do you have any mysterious healer in leicester?

cause this guy doesnt like one

Dave Rennie 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

He's better than any other of our wingers bar Riyad and would cost £12m. Id rather we signed Shaqiri for £12m and just received £65/70m cash for Riyad without Roberts. 

I disagree.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Line-X said:

I very much doubt given the size of his overinflated ego, he'd consider a club like us. He thinks he's bigger than that. 

lol lol lol just lol he plays for fecking stoke. I'm not even going into the fact they got relegated. But incase you forgot

HE PLAYS FOR STOKE lol lol lol If what you have said is true lol lol good I don't want a cvnt like that at the club.

lol stoke lol 

• Haha 1

Doesn't necessarily have to be the Mahrez replacement... We could bring him in, sell Gray, make a profit and put it towards Maddison. Then we could concentrate on our 'marquee' signing.

Shaqiri, Maddision, Diabate, Albrighton and Felipe Anderson or Thorgan Hazard would be great options. It could be done with a negative 'net spend', and we can go all Spurs and bang on about how great we are in the market.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sylofox said:

lol lol lol just lol he plays for fecking stoke. I'm not even going into the fact they got relegated. But incase you forgot

HE PLAYS FOR STOKE lol lol lol If what you have said is true lol lol good I don't want a cvnt like that at the club.

lol stoke lol 

Bayern Munich

>

FC Internazionale
>

Stoke City FC

Notice a trend?

And what's with your excessive use of lollol lately? lol

10 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

8 goals and 8 assists or whatever it is is a very good return in that Stoke side.

In support of your argument  - I concede he would have had more if they hadn't had Diouf up front.

He's also injury prone and was in and out towards the end of the 16-17 and the 17-18 campaigns. He was however available for their run in but performances are erratic. 

Perhaps also worth a reminder that in addition to speaking out against his club and team mates he has stated he wants Champions League Football, and wishes to sign for a top six team. To be honest his future probably lies abroad. He certainly wouldn't be part if our long term plans, but if he does sign, I can at least laugh at the and inevitable FT scapegoating in the post match thread meltdowns.

This would not be a good addition to the squad imo - but then there's a sprawling thread from the other summer on the reasons to sign Christian Benteke. 

Shaqiri? I think he'll go abroad...his expectations are too high. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

In support of your argument  - I concede he would have had more if they hadn't had Diouf up front.

He's also injury prone and was in and out towards the end of the 16-17 and the 17-18 campaigns. He was however available for their run in but performances are erratic. 

Perhaps also worth a reminder that in addition to speaking out against his club and team mates he has stated he wants Champions League Football, and wishes to sign for a top six team. To be honest his future probably lies abroad. He certainly wouldn't be part if our long term plans, but if he does sign, I can at least laugh at the and inevitable FT scapegoating in the post match thread meltdowns.

This would not be a good addition to the squad imo - but then there's a sprawling thread from the other summer on the reasons to sign Christian Benteke. 

Shaqiri? I think he'll go abroad...his expectations are too high. 

I expect us to sign some foreign 20-22 year old to replace Mahrez. 

28 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Bayern Munich

>

FC Internazionale
>

Stoke City FC

Notice a trend?

And what's with your excessive use of lollol lately? lol

lol lol it was either laugh or go nuts so lol lol it was. Plays for stoke but would not play for us. If that don't make you want to lol lol you're a sad man lol 

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

lol lol it was either laugh or go nuts so lol lol it was. Plays for stoke but would not play for us. If that don't make you want to lol lol you're a sad man lol 

Shaqiri wants to do better than Leicester. He's a Champions League Man©,

15 minutes ago, sylofox said:

But he went to stoke. So its just money really.

Yep.

And the fact that he and his brother thought he'd stick out more in a more mediocre team. Which he did.

But from a sportive point of view, a bit of a disappointment. And then slating your own team after relegation, classic Shaqiri.

Not 100% sure where I stand on this.

We are screaming out for more creativity and he would provide that. However, can't help feeling his attitude might be suspect (though that is a feeling rather than anything more concrete). Given that  our dressing room, at times, seems to have some issues of their own, is it a risk worth taking?

Having said that, as a fan, I'd be quite excited at the prospect of seeing him line up for us.

Geeerrrrrriimmmiiinnnn  

11 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

What's this obsession with little cxnts. He has talent but nowhere near enough to replace Mahrez. He only scores against us, is no good for defending and no good at corners. We can do a lot better.

We are being linked to Townsend and Roberts ffs. What makes you think we can do better? 

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

12 million is pittance for proven PREM quality. Remember Man City are paying 60+ million for Riyad. I can't see an issue here, get him in.

One's valued due to his contract and based on his ability and pedigree, the other has a release clause.

Why mingling two types of contract clauses that have nothing in common?