Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Europa League 18/19

Frankfurt, down to 10 men and 4-1 behind, still pulled a goal back.

Silver lining for the return fixture, that extra away goal could turn out to be really crucial.

Villarreal imploding in the dying minutes of the match. Still have a chance of progressing, though. Wonder what's with Iborria, did not feature today at all.

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Joao Felix is some talent. We had scouts at the Benfica game apparently to watch him. Along with a whole host of other clubs... 

He's a brilliant prospect, not sure why the scouts bothered if it was just him we were looking at as he's bound for bigger and better things than us. 

8 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Frankfurt, down to 10 men and 4-1 behind, still pulled a goal back.

Silver lining for the return fixture, that extra away goal could turn out to be really crucial.

Villarreal imploding in the dying minutes of the match. Still have a chance of progressing, though. Wonder what's with Iborria, did not feature today at all.

He played 65 minutes. Played well I thought and won their penalty. 

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

He's a brilliant prospect, not sure why the scouts bothered if it was just him we were looking at as he's bound for bigger and better things than us. 

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

He has a release clause of €120 million, I doubt we can afford that and would even want to.

Surely, that's either Barcelona or Real Madrid going after him sooner than later.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I couldn't believe just how poor Napoli were. No doubt they'll improve at home. 

They've been really poor post-Sarri. 

They're obviously good enough in terms of squad to still walk to second in Serie A but they've lost a lot of edge. 

Ancelotti likes them playing a more rigid 442 or 4411 with a lot less of the flair they had under Sarri (who Eden Hazard has come out and endorsed interestingly this week.)

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They've been really poor post-Sarri. 

They're obviously good enough in terms of squad to still walk to second in Serie A but they've lost a lot of edge. 

Ancelotti likes them playing a more rigid 442 or 4411 with a lot less of the flair they had under Sarri (who Eden Hazard has come out and endorsed interestingly this week.)

So many people expected them to beat Arsenal. I don't know why.

Arsenal and Chelsea 3/1 double was far too good to turn down IMO.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

So many people expected them to beat Arsenal. I don't know why.

Arsenal and Chelsea 3/1 double was far too good to turn down IMO.

I think under Sarri they'd have given anyone a run for their money, they had a swagger and an impulsive attacking energy that would have terrified Arsenal's shakey defence. 

I could believe how static and slow they've been very time I've seen them this year though. They were unbelievably dull against Liverpool. 

Villarreal ain't got a prayer. Two goals down and 3 away goals conceded against a side they're about 13 places below in the league. I'd be stunned if they went through.

Fell into the trap big time with Napoli. Thought Ancelotti would add that nous needed to take them a bit further in Europe but they looked awful from the bits I saw and consensus everywhere else is very similar. I watched Benfica v Frankfurt from the 2nd Arsenal goal which was a great game, really open. I think Benfica seemed to really lose it a bit when they conceded the 2nd though. I get the feeling they're a bit nervous. Wouldn't be shocked if Frankfurt turned it around.

Joao Felix looks like a name to look out for though.