Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Europa League 18/19

Recommended Posts

don’t think i’d even care about our season if before it’s  even started we’ve won the world cup and burnley have been knocked out of europe after one trip to scotland. scenes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Burnley's first stop on their first European tour in 50 years is...... Aberdeen.

 

Happy with that @lancyclaret ?

 

Id be happy enough with that if I was a Burnley die hard. At least your not breaking the bank or not going at all which would be the case if it was in some back water town in Kazakhstan or Albania.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Burnley's first stop on their first European tour in 50 years is...... Aberdeen.

 

Happy with that @lancyclaret ?

Not sure...looking at  Aberdeen's squad, it would be very poor, on paper, if we failed to progress. But on the other hand, it would not be as bad as being eliminated by some minnow that nobody has heard over here in England - like Rangers last year when they lost to some Luxembourg part-timers.

 

Aberdeen have a rich European history, winning the Cup Winners Cup in 1983 and the European Super Cup. So it won't be TOTALLY embarrassing if we mess it up.

 

But the big thing is we won't be caught out by surprise as most of the Dons players have played in the Championship or Leagues 1 & 2.

Edited by lancyclaret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lancyclaret said:

Not sure...looking at  Aberdeen's squad, it would be very poor, on paper, if we failed to progress. But on the other hand, it would not be as bad as being eliminated by some minnow that nobody has heard over here in England - like Rangers last year when they lost to some Luxembourg part-timers.

 

Aberdeen have a rich European history, winning the Cup Winners Cup in 1983 and the European Super Cup. So it won't be TOTALLY embarrassing if we mess it up.

 

But the big thing is we won't be caught out by surprise as most of the Dons players have played in the Championship or Leagues 1 & 2.

 

But you’ll be coming up against the once sought after Nicky Maynard, Just face it your out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burnley have a chance against Aberdeen but how ****ing funny is it they're not even getting out of the UK. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/06/2018 at 23:06, kyleolly said:

But you’ll be coming up against the once sought after Nicky Maynard, Just face it your out!

Have they taken him back already? Thought he was released at the end of last season after 0 goals in 20-odd games? 

 

I read it somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Have they taken him back already? Thought he was released at the end of last season after 0 goals in 20-odd games? 

 

I read it somewhere.

Oh if that’s the case you might be alright then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/06/2018 at 17:40, lancyclaret said:

Have they taken him back already? Thought he was released at the end of last season after 0 goals in 20-odd games? 

 

I read it somewhere.

Anyone know if we're on for him? Where are the ITKs? 

Maybe we should start a thread? Or find the old one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/06/2018 at 17:10, RonnieTodger said:

Can actually see Aberdeen getting through that

Scotland are always at least a week ahead of England at the start of the season. I've seen a few surprising pre season results in friendlies over the years because the Scottish teams fitness is at an advanced stage. You'd expect Burnley to have a little too much for them but nothing fires up a Scottish club more than giving one of our lot a bloody nose. It's no forgone conclusion and Burnley will have to be on it. I expect they will be though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dyche has got exactly what he wants...even if we beat Aberdeen, the Turkish team "with many pound notes" will beat us and there will be no disgrace to lose to a team with Adebayor, Turan, Clichy and a fair few other fading stars..

 

Then SD can concentrate on the league. His worst nightmare is reaching the group stages.

Edited by lancyclaret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they can’t even get to scotland ffs imagine if they’d been trying to get to the arse end of nowhere in albania or something. pathetic club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

they can’t even get to scotland ffs imagine if they’d been trying to get to the arse end of nowhere in albania or something. pathetic club. 

You say tomato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They got over £100m for being in prem last season. Like that's well-known, documented public information. Yet they act like they don't have it and don't have any other money either. Incredibly weird, shit banter from the suits at their club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprising there were "technical faults". Burnley's chairman negotiated a cut-price deal to fly up to Dyc(h)e Airport (Aberdeen) in a 1949 De Haviland Comet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Not surprising there were "technical faults". Burnley's chairman negotiated a cut-price deal to fly up to Dyc(h)e Airport (Aberdeen) in a 1949 De Haviland Comet.

He took the upgrade then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...