Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Europa League 18/19

probably couldn’t have gone any better. they’ve already only managed 1 point from 3 winnable games in the league because their season started about a decade ago and they’ve already played about 12 lots of extra time. and they still don’t get to actually get into europe or play anyone decent or have any good aways. 

bunch of c unts.  

Looks like they had the same attitude as Lancyclaret who last week hoped they went out. I used to dislike Burnley, I'm not bothered by them now but I'd laugh if they got relegated. First European games for 50 years and they play weakened teams to keep their players fresh to try and finish... mid table.

yeah thing is normally i end up feeling a bit sorry for the fans cos they don’t pick the weakened team etc. but from what i can tell burnley fans genuinely seemed to think they were above this competition as well. which is nuts. 

Nothing will be done about it because the money men rule, but the competition has got just too big. To go a long way in it is just too much for most clubs, who also have to think about their domestic league and two domestic cup competitions. Too late to sit and work it out but if Burnley got to the group stages and the quarter finals and they had a decent crack at the domestic cups their players would probably be facing 60 matches in the season, including internationals. I don't go for the third tier cup in the other thread but if the Europa became a West European Cup and an East European Cup with passage into the Champions League in the following season for the winners then there would be a lot less matches. Also most of the matches would be within 2 or 3 hours flight time, against clubs most of us have actually heard of. It would also mean that clubs from part time leagues like the League of Wales were not excluded and the costs of competing for those clubs would be kept within reasonable bounds.

You laugh at Burnley, I laugh at Basel.

Going into the return fixture in Cyprus with a one-goal cushion (3-2).

Then lose against Limassol 1-0, out on away goals.

First season without European football for Basel in 14 years - it's weird not being able to follow them in a UEFA competition, I've gotten so used to it.

Edited by MC Prussian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...