Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

he is shite though, like you say he faded badly, invisible second half

I'm just struggling to accept any criticism of any England player tonight. I've seen World cups since the 70's, rarely have I seen us so composed and that was a team effort.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

he is shite though, like you say he faded badly, invisible second half there are better players on the bench 

I'd rather have Delph in there ahead of Sterling he is a waste of player genuinely

I'm obviously alone in this but I think that's a ridiculous statement. 

• Like 1

BTW, Columbia knew that the only way they could beat us (or any other decent footballing team) would be to foul, play dirty, be physical, nasty and disruptive. they have little skill or creativity. So pleased the dirty, nasty, moaning, in the ref's face, spiteful cvnts have gone. It would be a disgrace had they gone through. I hope FIFA fine the whole international Columbian FA.

• Like 2

Apparently the psychologist's have deduced that it is beneficial to have a more successful penalty taker when the situation is sudden death, the fact that Kane took the first automatically meant that Vardy would have taken the 6th, cannot understand the reasoning myself, but I suppose they have to come up  with these ideas to justify their jobs.

Edited by treer

As if people are still fvcking moaning about Vardy not taking a pen.

I like spurs as much as the next leicester fan but seriously who gives a fvck right now? 

This is England not Leicester I couldn't give a **** who scores as long as we win!! :englandsmile4wf:

• Like 4

The conundrum with Sterling is that he is playing poorly, especially when faced with providing end product, but he is providing a link of sorts between midfield and attack which enables the team to play better.

Rashford is bafflingly overrated based on having had a good 30 mins v Costa Rica and I don't think he has the positional discipline to play that role particularly successfully.

We just lack genuine quality to compete with Sterling in that role, given the system we play

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I love you and you're my best mate (now THAT's sarcasm) ;)

Sarcasm loses something when you feel the need to use capitals to reinforce your (supposed) point.

I'm educated, if you disagree with my opinion, just make your point mate. I'll understand.

Edited by Max Wall

I fealt that for a lot of the first half we (both sides actually) played at such a bonkers tempo it was too quick even for our pacey and technical players, for Lingard bits and pieces of what he tried came off, Sterling a bit less and Alli just looked right off the pace, clearly struggling and a waste of a shirt. On that form Loftus Cheek would have been better. I wouldn't expect Sweden to be quite so frantic, yes play at a high tempo but preferably one where you still retain some control of where the ball goes.

3 minutes ago, treer said:

Apparently the psychologist's have deduced that it is beneficial to have a more successful penalty taker when the situation is sudden death, the fact that Kane took the first automatically meant that Vardy would have taken the 6th, cannot understand the reasoning myself, but I suppose they have to come up  with these ideas to justify their jobs.

I'm glad Vardy didn't take a penalty. He'd have had a rush to the head and blasted it over/wide/straight at the keeper. Inexperience in a big pressure situation. (regardless of the PL winning season).

• Haha 1

Just now, Max Wall said:

Sarcasm loses something when you feel the need to use capitals to reinforce your (supposed) point.

I'm educated, if you disagree, just make your point mate. I'll understand.

That was the point. Happy days. England won. We are all winners.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

If Southgate can crack the Alli / Lingard / Sterling problem then there's a ****ing good team there.

We really really need Sterling to come to the party. 

Sterling is talented but basically thick. At Man City the others players make him look good. He's fast, but his brain is not. Rashford is the superior footballer because he thinks, he tries to pass the ball and bring others into the game. Hopefully Sterling will have a memorable moment in the WC, but I doubt it. He could cost us the World Cup

I don't understand why Southgate plays massively underperforming players like Sterling, Alli and Dier. Basically we have had nine players on the pitch in all matches. 

Hopefully nine men can beat Sweden. 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This is one of THE world cup moments for. 

The whole match was. They way it ended. The way that this save kind of got us to how feel now. 

What a save it was. Absolutely superb.

Stunning.. absolutely amazing. The best save an England keeper has made since Gordon Banks

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

Sterling is talented but basically thick. At Man City the others players make him look good. He's fast, but his brain is not. Rashford is the superior footballer because he thinks, he tries to pass the ball and bring others into the game. Hopefully Sterling will have a memorable moment in the WC, but I doubt it. He could cost us the World Cup

I don't understand why Southgate plays massively underperforming players like Sterling, Alli and Dier. Basically we have had nine players on the pitch in all matches. 

Hopefully nine men can beat Sweden. 

None of those three were brilliant but they all played their part ffs.

I'm 50. Do you know how many times I've seen an England player score a winning penalty? If that's all Dier did, that's good enough for me.

England fans can be total wankas at times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

None of those three were brilliant but they all played their part ffs.

I'm 50. Do you know how many times I've seen an England player score a winning penalty? If that's all Dier did, that's good enough for me.

England fans can be total wankas at times.

Mate, fair comment. I'm 66 and said when they brought Dier on we would concede. Poor substitution. Pleased he scored his penalty, but the man is a liability. Good club player, but not international class. Too inconsistent. 

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

Mate, fair comment. I'm 66 and said when they brought Dier on we would concede. Poor substitution. Pleased he scored his penalty, but the man is a liability. Good club player, but not international class. Too inconsistent. 

Didn't think it was the wisest decision myself but the stampede to slag players off after progression is a fvcking joke tbh.

Maybe people need to see World cups like 78 and 94 when we didn't qualify to appreciate what happened tonight.

• Like 1

Mate I'm ecstatic that we won, in tears. I followed England home and away 1990-2015. But I just wish the manager would play players in form. I know every player that puts on an England top gives their all, but in a crucial situation you don't bring on a player out of sorts.

I don't believe in slagging off the lads, but we had better options. Anyway looking forward to a proper game on Saturday. Tc 

Could barely handle watching the penos at work. My boss watched along with me but he kept reading his phone to avoid looking. I finally got him to and he was happy he did.

We are just a couple of guys who have parents from there, so I can't even imagine what it's like for you guys lol

Bring on the Swedes!

Oh and as it's been said many times already, fantastic from big Harry today.

Pickford too!

• Like 1

leeds tonight was absolutely shut down by coppers and ambulances. at half 9. on a tuesday. after we won a lay 16 game. imagine when we are in the final of the world cup. it’s game over. the country is going to sink.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3